Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ohhhlethal
Dec 4, 2006

doubleGLOCK

It's the end of the year, I'd like to make a top 10 list of TFRs best posters this year. This is my opinion, gently caress off if you don't like it. Write your own and give thanks to TFR posters that brought you laughs, education, and erections you never though possible.

10. Sgt. Shaved Balls - You are not the best poster, you are probably one of the wackiest ones in this subforum. In fact, half the time you talk, I don't understand what the hell you even mean. Hence the reason you made my Top10. You bring an alternative and esoteric approach to this forum, and sometimes thats needed as some of TFRs assholes get a little to tight around here. Thanks for the laughs, and sometimes content.

9. GimpsuitJones - For his Long Range Shooting thread that has remained on the first page for nearly 5 months. An excellent thread with plenty of amazing pictures, links and information. One of my favorite threads of this year by far.

8. TapTheForwardAssist - Tap brought us some great threads this year, The FN kB thread (which I realize was a re-post), the CZ military weapon thread, the Afgahn shopping thread and many more. Tap brings well thought out, picture-rich post that always deliver. Thanks Tap!

7. Gewehr43 - TFR's finest arms dealer! Not only did Gewehr hit a home run this year by offering all of us at TFR the finest prices on firearms, he granted us pictures of firearms most of poor bastards would never be able t afford to own. His knowledge of milsurp and especially German WWII weaponry has made TFR a great place to learn some amazing history. His PPsh and kB threads, along with his own personal collection photos where and excellent addition to TFR this year.

6. Miso Beno - The greatest cocktease TFR has to offer. Miso offers no bullshit post that are usually littered with pictures, extremely well photographed pictures at that. Miso has always offered excellent posting and never seems to get caught up in the fuss and drama. The interview with Aero Precision just recently and Miso's inside scoop on the firearms industry once again makes Miso one of the finest posters in TFR. It's Miso's excellent threads that set him aboce the rest, such as Miso's parkerization thread which was an excellent guide and extremely interesting and showed great step by step photos.

5. Capn Beeb - Ask and you shall receive. Beeb is TFR's gif-master! He even takes request like a lovely wedding reception DJ! Beeb has always given TFR an abundance of hilarious gifs, usually from TFR's favorite movies. I think everyone can agree that Beeb's posting can always make you laugh, and he probably has the cutest cat.

4. TylerC - Where the hell did this kid come from? I'm not sure. I'm also not sure if I'd be comfortable with him watching my children. TylerC is probably the most love/hated poster. I personally love him, he is a loving idiot and shows no shame. He can take the burns and roll with it. Keep doing whatever you are doing, or not doing, it brings a level of enlightenment to TFR. Fag.

3. Cyrano4747 - King poo poo of the Milsurp Pile. His title says it all. If there is one person in TFR who knows milsurp, it's Cyrano. His milsurp guide hasn't left the front page since the day it was left clicked in April. Everyone needs to take a lesson in content posting from Cyrano. He offers rich, intelligent and well thought out post.

2. Fang - The most cynical and sarcastic poster when it comes to AR15s. Fang is a no bullshit poster that doesn't believe in the tactical barbie bullshit. If any of you missed Fang's posting this year, I feel sorry for you. You missed some of the best post in TFR.

1b. Not FatOgre

1a. ME

1. YOU DECIDE

Use the last opening to give thanks to your favorite TFR poster and all the good golly gee whiz they gave you in 2008! Happy New Year TFR!

Honorable Mentions:

TenementFunster - For his triumph return in 2008 after what seemed to be eternity without him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

I am not going to explain why as I have my reasons and people just want to see the list anyway:

10 - Gtab
9 - CB77
8 - Cyrano
7 - Tyler C
6 - Ophidian (gently caress you I can say I enjoy my posting)
5 - Muttonchops
4 - Pitch
3 - G43
2 - Miso
1 - Beeb

(these aren't in order)

Ophidian fucked around with this message at Dec 25, 2008 around 21:25

HotCanadianChick
Oct 3, 2002

I AM AGGRESSIVELY SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD. MY CAR / SYNTH / CAT IS THE FUCKING BEST AND YOURS IS COMPLETE CRAP. MY OPINION IS THE ONLY OPINION YOU FUCKING IGNORANT POOR

10 - tenement funster
9 - tenement funster
8 - tenement funster
7 - tenement funster
6 - capn beeb
5 - miso beno
4 - fang
3 - cyrano
2 - gewehr43
1 - gtab <3

HotCanadianChick fucked around with this message at Dec 25, 2008 around 20:58

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

G's up
Hoes down

Hope you brought a cumrag for this circlejerk.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

No good ever came from a piece of cherry pie.

Stoic Commie posted:

See, this is why nobody likes you. Good day, pusscakes.

ps big ups to my bredas itt and outta this thread

Edit for BFF list I don't put nobody over nobody ya hurrd me

Raze Me breda
Gtab
Miso Team Nikon hells yeah
Scope thanks for the radiation!
devmd1 and Czechs word up
Ron loving Mexico (I miss you so hard please come back!)
DJExile who needs to get his fine rear end all up on IRC and hang with the OGs
Ophidian for SUGARPILE oh my god
charliebravo son we keep buyin' the same poo poo
Pitch lol anime
MUTTONCHOPS poo poo how did I forget you I'm sorry please fix me if I break

Capn Beeb fucked around with this message at Dec 25, 2008 around 21:30

HotCanadianChick
Oct 3, 2002

I AM AGGRESSIVELY SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD. MY CAR / SYNTH / CAT IS THE FUCKING BEST AND YOURS IS COMPLETE CRAP. MY OPINION IS THE ONLY OPINION YOU FUCKING IGNORANT POOR

Capn Beeb posted:

See, this is why nobody likes you. Good day, pusscakes.

ps big ups to my bredas itt and outta this thread

gently caress I knew I forgot someone

Herr Ottomator
Dec 6, 2004
H AND K H AND K H AND K

Stoic Commie posted:

Don't be sore that no one likes you.

MrTuffPaws
Feb 7, 2005

TFR = TF * GTAB

There is nothing else.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

G's up
Hoes down

Herr Ottomator posted:

Don't be sore that no one likes you.

Oh no the internet doesn't like me :'(

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

If this is a circlejerk then take off my pants and grease me up.

I love these posters, in no particular order and non-exclusively:

Fang
Cyrano
Gtab
TF
Miso Beno
infrared35
Beeb
TTFA
DJExile

and a bunch of others.

fake edit: I know I said the list was in no particular order but we all know that

Reverend goddamn Scumbag

is king poster of all that he surveys.

Wisdom
Nov 28, 2005

I think it's tough to single out just 10. This forum is a wealth of information, even when you don't really want to hear said information (that your choice of weapon sucks), it's still good info.

Cyrano is the encyclopedia of weird markings. I wonder if his bed has a cartouch on it?

TF is like an oracle with Tourettes.

Skyssx
Feb 2, 2001

by T. Fine

Fang, Miso-Beno, Gewehr_43, GSJ and Cyrano4747 all post content rich threads from time to time instead of random pictures and snippets of text. If there is an OP by one of these people, you can count on it being good.

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

UNBEARABLE AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I like Pitch the most, because he is a yang guizi who knows a lot about the cool things that I also like.

Also the TheReverend and Walrusman are cool d00dz.

edit:grodagrodagrodagrodagrodagroda

Sgt. Shaved Balls fucked around with this message at Dec 25, 2008 around 22:51

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

I am a TFR lurker but Reverend Scumbag made the best thread that I saw this year (LITTEL BOX THREAD 56K LOL) or whatever it was titled.

Also this:

Stoic Commie posted:

Even though no one likes this guy.

Capn Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

No good ever came from a piece of cherry pie.

jesus christ I forgot Rat

how did I do that

fffffffff

Rat is awesome he always cheers me up when I'm feeling blue

Sgt. Shaved Balls
Sep 6, 2006

UNBEARABLE AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

A moments lacksity spawns a lifetime of heresy, beeb

Yea but Rat is

Frag Viper
May 20, 2001

Fuck that shit

This thread is gayer then the gay lisping captain on the good-ship lollipop.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

This hat isn't the only
thing that's big

Capn Beeb posted:

devmd1 and Czechs word up

We're hanging out this spring homie, and don't you forget it.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

You've done a man's job, sir.

I haven't been here that long, but I know a bit, here's my top-5. It's not in order.

5. Miso Beno
4. Gtab
3. Beeb
2. Cyrano
1. G43

I'll be on somebody's list in a few years

GI Joe Dirtbag
May 2, 2004

by Fragmaster

ohhhlethal posted:

No reverend Scumbag, voted 1.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The Stizzle
Jul 20, 2002

by I Ozma Myself

Miso Beno, and the other photo geeks.
Capn Beeb, even if for his awesome gif's.
GimpsuitJones for that awesome long-distance thread.
infrared35 for just being a great poster.
B4Ctom1 for his .50 cal prowess, and just a nice guy.
And of course, Gtab, because he wants me in that gay-Canadian way.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

This hat isn't the only
thing that's big

I don't post enough to be on anybody's list but I can assure you some people will vouch for me being awesome.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004
WALKING ARGUMENT FOR GUN CONTROL

I masturbate to Matthew Bracken books and long to kill black people. Also I leave guns laying around for criminals to steal.

Y'all are hard gay.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

This hat isn't the only
thing that's big

totally

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Deathy McDeath
Apr 28, 2002

Always hungry.
Always watching.
Chowdown

Deathy McDeath coming off a long TFR posting hiatus to say:

This thread sucks

ohhhlethal
Dec 4, 2006

doubleGLOCK

I figured all of you were going to go righteously gay for Gtab so I left that up to you all.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 28, 2006

I want to be like Grace Kelly.

Sgt. Shaved Balls is my favorite TFR poster for pure inanity.

Fang, Reverend Scumbag, TF, Beeb etc. are all up there too.

Oh god I just came.

Ophidian
Jan 12, 2005

Woo WOO, Look a Parrot...
LOOK AT IT!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Sgt. Shaved Balls is my favorite TFR poster for pure inanity.

Fang, Reverend Scumbag, TF, Beeb etc. are all up there too.

Oh god I just came.

gently caress you

GI Joe Dirtbag
May 2, 2004

by Fragmaster

Deathy McDeath posted:

Deathy McDeath coming off a long TFR posting hiatus to say:

This thread sucks

Almost as much as the welcome back thread for TF

Please sir, let me help you out of those pants and skivvies

Wisdom
Nov 28, 2005

devmd01 posted:

I don't post enough to be on anybody's list but I can assure you some people will vouch for me being awesome.

Don't feel bad. I'm not even the most-hated person in TFR apparently. I thought I did a good job with the M1 Carbine megathread at least. I think I don't make enough veiled homoerotic references to show up on the radar.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I don't promote fights, I pick fights. I'm better than Jon Jones. I'm better than Sean Combs. I am even better than John Holmes.

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Oh god I just came.

If I have said this once I have said it a million times.

Also, people need to lighten the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lincoln`s Wax
Apr 30, 2000
DRONE METAL
SUPERGROUP

This poo poo sucks.