Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I can vouch for the Amazon Basics light table.

Get the version that plugs into the wall. Don't buy a light table with a battery on Amazon. I did a lot of digging when trying to decide on a light table of my own, and found lots of reviews saying it just doesn't work, or amended reviews that were initially positive, but the battery very soon had issues.

My question is this: are there any decent art apps that aren't just Sketch or bound to subscription/microtransactions in the Android ecosystem?

I was talking about it in another thread, and realized that, while Sketch is capable, I still would like something that wasn't locked to 72 dpi jpgs for export, and was a bit more customizable.

I don't mind shelling out to buy a program, but subscriptions can go to hell. It's the one thing I'm real sore with Celsys about, really.

I've tried a lot of the more lauded ones (Tatsuyi Sketches, Artrage, etc) but still haven't found a really good fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Ok, I'm losing my damned mind.

We used to have a fountain pen thread, and it's seemed to have disappeared.

So I'm gonna take this shot- I've got a TWSBI pen, the kind that vacuum loads. And the silicone used to grease the seals has gone entirely missing. It's a tiny bottle, really easy to misplace.

where can I get more of this stuff? all the pen resources I've found only sell a thick grease that won't work, and TWSBI doesn't have it on their storefront.

I really like this pen and want to keep it in good shape!