Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

ground floor of the new thread hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Chunk posted:

needs a Kreider memorial and hapajap's failure celebration

also this, but other than that, fantastic job, WFI

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

I think we need the obligatory LEFT WINGS :smug: RIGHT WINGS Liccar pic as well

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

this video loving owns

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Liccar could be an amazing surrealist. All he has to do is try to draw ordinary scenes

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

and, uh, the latest transmission from planet liccar

why yes, I, too, have observed people saying one thing and doing another

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

So do conservatives have any argument as to why a larger public sector automatically harms the economy other than "GOVERNMENT = BAD"

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Mr Hobo posted:

Goddamn I love this thread

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

New Zina Saunders painting:

As always it owns

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Actually I think Zina Saunders is so good she should be added to the OP

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

bush didn't campaign on increased spending :confused:

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

No X In Nixon posted:

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Hysterical Woman posted:

amazing

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

for some reason I pictured him looking a bit more like the people he draws and I have no idea why

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Whilst farting I posted:

i've gotta say he definitely does the best blago drawings, bar none
Incorrect: (if you count other media besides pencil)

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Amazing. I'm just waiting to hear one of my conservative friends try to pull this out as an argument

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

CrushedB posted:

holy poo poo :lol:

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

yeah man gently caress peace and reconciliation

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Linguica posted:

honestly believe krieder is a literal genius
I went to my local comic shop today and was very sad to see that they didn't have any of Kreider's books.

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

New Zina Saunders:

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

This thread inspired me to make a thread tag:

Is it too big?

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

RolandTower posted:

I'm looking at this and just hearing it in the back of my head getting angrier and angrier

"Those-fuckers-our-poo poo-Those-fuckers-our-poo poo-Those-fuckers-our-poo poo!"
Then it had the intended effect

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

NO BLOOD FOR MOHEL posted:

Man, even if he doesn't stick to politics I really hope Kreider rethinks this retiring thing.

I feel like we're going to be poorer as a culture for not having him around.
He's contributing in other ways; he's teaching a cartooning class at SVA right now. Did he really say he was retiring from cartooning altogether?

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Mr. Heliotrope posted:

Yeah he did. It was mentioned in the last thread.
I looked over the artist's statements from the recent cartoons and all I can find is that he's retiring from political cartooning. The rest of it seems to suggest that he's taking a break from cartooning in general for a while, but I didn't see anything about retirement. I could be wrong, of course

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

rrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Why do republicans somehow think that a seemingly endless supply of healthcare will become limited with the government running it

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

If you're gonna rip off Tim Kreider, at least do it well.

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

zakharov posted:

luckovich > kreider
this is just flat-out wrong. Lukovich is great, but Kreider has much better observations about pretty much everything

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

This is a pretty good point tbh

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Naiive Melody posted:

Bill Watterson is the greatest. I don't think we'll ever see another syndicated comic like his

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

here's someone who's probably been rending his garments in front of the elephant priest all week

We need to cut the capital gains tax so people will invest again!

*investors take advantage of lower rates to dump remaining stock, short more shares*
*market collapses*

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Forest Fuckery posted:

_______________/

Which one is this from

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Byzantine posted:

"we used to call that summer :smug:"
I can't wait to see the corollary of the cold comics in the summer

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

tacodaemon posted:

apparently it is the new meme on the right that the stimulus funding for health information technology is actually intended to kill off old people
b... but SOCIALIZED MEDICINE

GunnerJ posted:

yo the obama/LOTR cartoon is about how he's going to oppose the lawsuit by that guy who got his balls cut up by the CIA, right?
Yes. But I think it's a bit broader than that.

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Patashu posted:

what's he getting at here? the stimulus bill only just got released so we can't say it's not working/we're doing too much/too little yet
"Obama recession"

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Ferroque posted:

Oh no anything but CASTRO!!
I know LF likes Castro and all, but gays were put into camps shortly after the revolution

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

William McKinley posted:

Castro later apologized for this, and gays have more rights in Cuba than in the US now.
Maybe explicitly related to sexuality (depending on the what US state you're talking about), but civil liberties in Cuba aren't exactly golden, and that's always been a big problem of hard-left countries

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Volga Boatman posted:

civilian alternative to military service = concentration camp?

(granted, the labor camps turned out to be hellholes of the first order but Fidel claims he didn't know)
Ignorance isn't an excuse. Would you let it slide if Bush said he "didn't know" what was going on in Guantanamo?

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

Greg the Stop Sign posted:

Laissez's Fair: Goo day,

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

AlanNegative posted:

who gives a poo poo about the republicans

why do they feel a democrat has to listen to anything a republican has to say, hasn't the past 8 years been enough
this is exactly what the republicans said after Clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fomo
Jul 23, 2006

My university just canceled classes tomorrow due to snow. I hope you guys are ready for another spate of "Guess what, Liberals...

it's currently COLD OUTSIDE" :smug: