Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I guess Get Out is just a... piece in a jigsaw puzzle... a missing piece.

ok, i've got an older unit, bought in early 2006 (read: out of warranty) and the disk drive is starting to crap out on me. it doesn't always eject, and it doesn't always read a disk right away. to play a movie or game, i have to hit eject a bunch of times till it actually ejects the trey, then i load the disk. it will inevitably send the disk right back out 3 or 4 times before it actually reads the thing, and i can play a game.

so, i've been thinking of having it fixed, but now that the "arcade" 360 is so cheap i think i'll just buy another one. i already have the component cables, and hard drive, so buying the 199 version would net me an extra controller, and a memory card (plus the older box could be set up in my bedroom as it still technically works, it's just kind of a pain).

my question is this, if i were to get it fixed, who does the best job, at a reasonable price? am i better off just buying a new box for 199 and letting the old one die a natural death? and please god tell me that the new disk drives read quieter than my old one! this thing sounds like a blackhawk trying to land on an aircraft carrier.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carti
Nov 15, 2005

Blackholes! Bleep! Blorp!

What's a sexbox

Always Shirtless
Oct 14, 2006

by Fistgrrl

its actually called a "xbox" if you are having sex with the disk drive that is probably the cause of your problem

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Did you put your Dick in a Box?

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Keeper of the Secret

This was a good thread idea. Sorry, I lied, this was a horrible thread idea

For best results when pressing button, use your finger rather than your dick. It'll come quicker.

Super Taranta!
Feb 19, 2008

Ta-tar-ranta-ta-ta
Super taran-ta taran-ta

Jesus Christ Beanieson you are one edgy motherfucker!
Sexbox, haha!

beanieson posted:

my question is this, if i were to get it fixed, who does the best job, at a reasonable price? am i better off just buying a new box for 199 and letting the old one die a natural death? and please god tell me that the new disk drives read quieter than my old one! this thing sounds like a blackhawk trying to land on an aircraft carrier.

Buy a new one. I know not of your location nor of your available resources, but I seriously doubt that anyone will be willing to fix it for a reasonable price. As for the noise of the drive, no, it won't read any quieter. IIRC (someone could probably confirm this) the sound is the rotation of the disk in the drive, not an internal component.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

I bet you thought you were cleaver and would gain admiration for a joke like "sexbox".

miharu
Nov 28, 2004

Hm... yeah. I'm just gonna draw a penis.

Do you have it vertical? My disk drive always took multiple tries to eject when it was. Now it's horizontal, it comes out on the first try. No idea why that worked.

Depressing Drawers
Dec 17, 2004
UR ALREADY DED

Slickdrac posted:

This was a good thread idea. Sorry, I lied, this was a horrible thread idea

For best results when pressing button, use your finger rather than your dick. It'll come quicker.

I beg to disagree, you'll come quicker with a dick than a finger.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007
Put me on the grid, scale of 1 to 10. 1 is totally gross, 10 is like dang Ice King you look crazy siiiiick!

The sexbox works better when it overheats.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

Does the sexbox take 3.5 floppys?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

FateoMcSkippy posted:

I bet you thought you were cleaver and would gain admiration for a joke like "sexbox".

cleaver

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

better nate than cleaver

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I guess Get Out is just a... piece in a jigsaw puzzle... a missing piece.

miharu posted:

Do you have it vertical? My disk drive always took multiple tries to eject when it was. Now it's horizontal, it comes out on the first try. No idea why that worked.

it used to be vertical, and it was worse that way.. after i moved it to horizontal, the disk loads quicker, but i still have to open/eject a few times before it'll read the disk. i guess the damage is done.

as someone else said, fixing it is probably more trouble than it's worth, but i was really hoping the new 360's ran quieter than mine.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005
Back from the dead

You should try foreplay. Maybe even buy it dinner first.

FLOOR
Jan 27, 2003

and when you work your magic, it better be... evil

I don't have an XBOX... but I do have a sexbox!!! hahahah what up man

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

HIGH FIVE

solarbeam
Nov 28, 2005

that Yay Yay

XBOX IS HUGE

acksplode
May 17, 2004

kill yourselfs

Warezd Quake
Jan 18, 2008

My old xbox has a ton of dust on it and its stuck in the cracks! I havent played it in years and its in my closet what should I do.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

Happy Father's Day show watching faggots!

BTW Tyrion kills Shae and Tywin while he's on the john taking a shit!

beanieson posted:

ok, i've got an older unit, bought in early 2006 (read: out of warranty) and the disk drive is starting to crap out on me.

It's working as intended. What did you think would happen when you selected "scat" under fetish options?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

I believe... this are truly something awful.

This thread is going places, and the places are bad.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

It's my turn to use the sexbox

And her name is Sony

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

gas

Toastershark
Dec 4, 2006

The breakfast feeding-frenzy.

oh snapple you missed click on the yix

Your Mom
Dec 17, 2008

Wow you sexbox can full rotate, i am jealous.

The Crusher
Aug 12, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

If the noise bothers you that much, you can download your games to your hard drive and play them all silent-like. Other than that I can't say anything that hasn't been said about this thread numerous times.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

fantastic

Bahamutsrage posted:

XBOX IS HUGE
Would you like to see some very funny "photoshopped" images I have?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

Sorry, can't help. I don't have a Sexbox just yet.

I do have a Gaystation and a Wii if this helps though

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang

Toastershark posted:

oh snapple you missed click on the yix

dont post this poo poo there either

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

sexbox 369

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Megalixir posted:

Sorry, can't help. I don't have a Sexbox just yet.

I do have a Gaystation and a Wii if this helps though

It's awesome that wii requires no modification to suit your purpose.

hoju22
May 3, 2006

Easy. You just don't lead 'em so much.

beanies on what?

Tin Can Hit Man
Jul 30, 2003

try to catch him if you can

sexbox? what the hell are you talking about? I don't get this thread

edit: oh wait! I get it! hahahahahah!

edit2: actually it's not really that funny

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

did you mean to make this thread in YCS then ninja edited in a serious question when you realised you hosed up or something

If you're honestly asking this then find out how much MS will charge to repair the drive. If it's like $150 like it was for one friend of mine then just buy a new arcade. Hell probably just do that anyway if you can afford it, you'll get better quality and a HDMI port too.

ThePriceIsRight
Sep 22, 2008

Warezd Quake posted:

My old xbox has a ton of dust on it and its stuck in the cracks! I havent played it in years and its in my closet what should I do.

Dispose of it. The xbox probably resents you for hiding it for so long, it will try to kamikazi and blow up causing horrible injuries to you.

Bigopinion
May 26, 2006

EAT THE HEART TO
GAIN ITS POWERS

I have a small family of mice living in my 360 should I send it to Microsoft?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

No, that's perfectly normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

by Peatpot

better neat than clover

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

«2 »