Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Sjoewe posted:

Why so? Don't expect much of the MIDI setup, it doesn't work properly. For instance in midi-mode there are just 128 steps on the entire pitch fader. That is a resolution of 0.125%, from the company that sells its CDJ's by promoting the 0.02% pitch resolution. It's a bitch to get both soundcards to work together, the jogwheels feel like they have been bought of Fisherprice and anything larger than a 4gb memorystick will take ages to load. Bite your teeth, save some more and buy 800's, it will be the best thing you'll ever do. Trust me.

Ughh... I would never buy 800s because they are only 0.05. Mixing trance is just too big of a pain in the rear end at anything more than 0.02% (not saying I can't do it, im just used to 0.02 at this point)

I'll probably just stick to 200s. Maybe if in half a year or so after I start making $$ after I graduate I will just get 1000s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

Sjoewe vs. Rivfader - "Minimal-techno, because electro is defective"

Info

Genre: Tech-house, (Minimal)-Techno
Length/Quality: 1h 35m / 256KB/s
Size: 220 MB
Gear: 2x CDJ-800MKII, Ecler Nuo-5 & Traktor Scratch Pro

Downloadlink: Click here, do it now! (or left click, save as)

Tracklist

Not specified yet (because Traktor didn't keep a log and we're too awesome to look it all up.) ;)

Includes tracks by:

Quivver
Egostereo
Umek
Nathan Fake
Remute
Tiefschwarz
Autistic
Pig & Dan
Perfect Stranger
Misc.
D-Nox & Beckers
Nikola Andreev
Trainwreck-end

...and a lot more. For specific tracknames PM or e-mail.

Enjoy and feedback appreciated. :)

Dance Move Burglar
Oct 2, 2005

by Ozma

jonmitz posted:

Ughh... I would never buy 800s because they are only 0.05. Mixing trance is just too big of a pain in the rear end at anything more than 0.02% (not saying I can't do it, im just used to 0.02 at this point)
The 200s are 0.02 and the 800s aren't? Are you sure? Are you sure it's all 800s and not just the old ones?

Also, My CD setup is 0.1 and it's only slightly irritating, but then again I'm so clumsy that I probably wouldn't be able to make 0.02 adjustments anyway.

JohnnyRed
Aug 19, 2004

by Ozma

ShoodZ posted:

A full-on minimal mix I did the other day. The tunes are all intended for the peak of the party. Turn it up loud or it won't sound good.

I'll post the tracklist on request but it's a bitch to figure out what I played, as most of the tracks are quite fresh

http://www.zshare.net/audio/54659775b49425e2/

This is pretty fuckin hot. I'm not the biggest techno guy, but I love minimal techno, and this is really great. The transitions are real clean and selection is nice.

What is the track that plays at 8:00 ? That poo poo is ridiculous. I'd love to get some great minimal techno that was pressed at 45 so I can play it slow. If you got some good recommendations on 12-inch minimal techno pressed at 45, please let me know!

ShoodZ
Nov 20, 2002

Icept is my bitch

JohnnyRed posted:

This is pretty fuckin hot. I'm not the biggest techno guy, but I love minimal techno, and this is really great. The transitions are real clean and selection is nice.

What is the track that plays at 8:00 ? That poo poo is ridiculous. I'd love to get some great minimal techno that was pressed at 45 so I can play it slow. If you got some good recommendations on 12-inch minimal techno pressed at 45, please let me know!

Thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciate it!

The track in question is "Spektre - Deal With It - Kanio Remix" a loving classic. Pressed at 45...hmm...not on the top of my head

Dance Move Burglar
Oct 2, 2005

by Ozma
minimal techno... SLOWER? it already ranges 120-130, how much slower do you want to play it?

JohnnyRed
Aug 19, 2004

by Ozma

Dance Move Burglar posted:

minimal techno... SLOWER? it already ranges 120-130, how much slower do you want to play it?

Dude you have no idea my mad scientist masterpiece in the works. I've been obsessed with Screw tapes, where he's playing hip-hop super loving slow. So I'm experimenting with that poo poo in all genres. I've been lots of stuff in the 130-140 range, slowed down, and it works GREAT. I'm mainly a hip-hop guy, so figure I've got a lot of tracks in my crates that are like 80 bpm!

I need to get a set together, but I've been super busy with gigs lately...

JohnnyRed fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 3, 2009

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

JohnnyRed posted:

Dude you have no idea my mad scientist masterpiece in the works. I've been obsessed with Screw tapes, where he's playing hip-hop super loving slow. So I'm experimenting with that poo poo in all genres. I've been lots of stuff in the 130-140 range, slowed down, and it works GREAT. I'm mainly a hip-hop guy, so figure I've got a lot of tracks in my crates that are like 80 bpm!

I need to get a set together, but I've been super busy with gigs lately...

I did a radio show with slowed-down music some years ago, and there are a lot of tunes that really gain a lot from that treatment, many goa and schranz records sound just brutal at slower speeds.

Cowboy.
Jan 13, 2004

Rivfader posted:

Pig & Dan

Wicked drop with Terminate, what's the track after it? I know I've heard it listening to samples from Juno, is it D-nox and Beckers?

As a question, for sets and track selection, do most people have a pre-fabricated set they play out or is it all impromptu? I'm still trying to get beat matching down to second nature and my key matching is non-existent off the cuff.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Cowboy. posted:

Wicked drop with Terminate, what's the track after it? I know I've heard it listening to samples from Juno, is it D-nox and Beckers?

As a question, for sets and track selection, do most people have a pre-fabricated set they play out or is it all impromptu? I'm still trying to get beat matching down to second nature and my key matching is non-existent off the cuff.

For me, non-live mixing is pretty much set in stone before I actually mix. The process I go through when I make a mix is very, very long. I would say each mix probably takes a minimum of 6 hours for me from start to finish. I've made some without very much prep. My mixes are a mixture of non-live and live mixing. Some transitions are too dificult to do with my setup (such as playing 3 or 4 tracks at once or layering/sampling for example. I dont have a sampler).

Live mixing is almost 100% on the spot. I prefer live mixing.. it's much more fun (for obvious reasons). It's hard to get hired in LA, though. I am making progress, however, and I think I might start getting hired regularly.

In the future I have some plans for live mixing that I don't think very many DJs do. It's going to stay my secret though :)

Also, I DJed at a party this past friday and invited Vernacular to come along as well. He played a set, then I played a set, then we did a versus set.

The cops got called on the party and their house was structurally damaged (people were dancing so hard that the in-floor heater broke off it's support and broke a gas pipe and fell through the house)

:)

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Feb 3, 2009

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

Cowboy. posted:

Perfect Stranger - Easy

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

jonmitz posted:

The cops got called on the party and their house was structurally damaged (people were dancing so hard that the in-floor heater broke off it's support and broke a gas pipe and fell through the house)
drat, that's pretty hot! Would've been cool if the house blew up at a massive drop. Would've made you a dj legend.

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008

ManoliIsFat posted:

drat, that's pretty hot! Would've been cool if the house blew up at a massive drop. Would've made you a dj legend.

That reminds me of this party at a squat, were this one guy actually fell through the floor as it gave way beneath him, landing one floor down.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004

jonmitz posted:

Also, I DJed at a party this past friday and invited Vernacular to come along as well. He played a set, then I played a set, then we did a versus set.

:)

Haha did it really? I had no idea, that's awesome :)

It was a great party. People were really digging our versus set.

Sigmund Fraud
Jul 31, 2005

My laptop's the only source of music at most parties, so figured it'd be nice to beatmatch songs together (and perhaps other basic stuff). I kinda figure I need another sound card since my built-in only got a single channel out. What kind should I get? I have an L-shaped ExpressCard slot, but I guess using a USB port would work fine too. Does the sound card need two outgoing channels or could I use my laptop's built in without any problem? Should I get a cheap or expensive sound card? If I get an expensive card (which for me would be anything over 50€ :)), it'd be nice if it was an ExpressCard since my built in has pretty poor sound quality and then I keep it plugged in for watching movies on the bus and whatnot.

My laptop's about a year and half old, scoring straight 5s in Vista's built-in testing.

Got any suggestion for software? I've been recommended Tracktor, but it looks quite complicated.

I really don't know anything, so please tell me other stuff I should think of.

I made an A/T thread without knowing this one existed, and was directed here.

Dance Move Burglar
Oct 2, 2005

by Ozma
Traktor is about as simple as it gets.

vanilla slimfast
Dec 6, 2006

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the Angry Dome

Sigmund Fraud posted:

I made an A/T thread without knowing this one existed, and was directed here.

This is a thread for people to post mixes. Where you actually want to be is probably the weapon of choice thread, where hardware/software/etc is discussed: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2694790

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
If anyone in the LA area wants to come see me play on Valentines Day, i'll be at circus (2am-4am). It's free admisison and a free drink ticket if you get there before 11. DJ Micro is headlining.

Let me know if you want to come out. If anyone in the LA area is interested in playing at circus, start coming out and get to know me/other people at circus and in the future I might be able to push for you to get hired.

Candleshire
Dec 16, 2003

weird beard laffo

jonmitz posted:

If anyone in the LA area wants to come see me play on Valentines Day, i'll be at circus (2am-4am). It's free admisison and a free drink ticket if you get there before 11. DJ Micro is headlining.

Let me know if you want to come out. If anyone in the LA area is interested in playing at circus, start coming out and get to know me/other people at circus and in the future I might be able to push for you to get hired.

what genre?

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic

Candleshire posted:

what genre?

I am going to (required) play Trance in that room on that night. Maybe Psy-Trance if there are enough people

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

My effort for the month...it's a mixture of prog house and tech house for the first half which gives way to techno the second half. With a couple breaks tracks inserted along the way. Hope you like.

1. Tobias Hoppe - Dancing On a Cloud (Original Mix)
2. Tobias Hoppe - Dancing On a Cloud (Facundo Romano Mix)
3. Moonbeam - Nature
4. Gonno - Gagak
5. Roberto Rodriguez - Camera Obscura (Timewriter Remix)
6. Shonky - Coco Feel & Love Shonk
7. Dan Curtin - Beat Fiend
8. Shonky - Doctor Slump
9. Guy Gerber - Guilty Pleasure
10. Yura Popov - Cycle
11. Spektre - A Glimpse Outside
12. Thomas Schwartz & Fausto Fanizza - Jambe Myth
13. Derek Howell - It's All Gravy (Coalesced Remix)
14. The Martinez Brothers - Where's Mr. Brown?
15. Jerome Syndenham - Darkroom
16. Josh Wink - Hypnoslave
17. Rolando - Where Were You? (Dub)
18. Rolando - Where Were You? (Original Mix)
19. Adam Beyer - Stimulated Usage
20. Spektre - Pacemaker
21. Chris Liebing - Turbular Bell
22. Alan Stenback - Red Skye
23. Pole Folder - The Way (Spooky Remix)

Length: 1:55:12
Size: 158MB
Link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EG7GAAOT

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

Rivfader posted:

Sjoewe vs. Rivfader - "Minimal-techno, because electro is defective"

Info

Genre: Tech-house, (Minimal)-Techno
Length/Quality: 1h 35m / 256KB/s
Size: 220 MB
Gear: 2x CDJ-800MKII, Ecler Nuo-5 & Traktor Scratch Pro

Downloadlink: Click here, do it now! (or left click, save as)

Tracklist

Not specified yet (because Traktor didn't keep a log and we're too awesome to look it all up.) ;)

Includes tracks by:

Quivver
Egostereo
Umek
Nathan Fake
Remute
Tiefschwarz
Autistic
Pig & Dan
Perfect Stranger
Misc.
D-Nox & Beckers
Nikola Andreev
Trainwreck-end

...and a lot more. For specific tracknames PM or e-mail.

Enjoy and feedback appreciated. :)

Solid mix this, currently listening for the second time while preparing to go out. Good job.

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
so much techno

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
Europe techno hub

Sjoewe
Nov 30, 2008
-double-

Steve Evets
Feb 6, 2006

More House + Techno for your listening pleasure

La Pena - Keep Movin
Dyed Soundorom feat. Aaron Carl - Naked
Sideshow feat Paul St. Hilaire - If Alone (Flight Dub)
Actor One - Popcorn
Unknown - Unknown
Spektre - Neon Drift
Samuel L Session - Another Day (Rain Mix)
Synaptic - Pressure
Pole Folder - The Way (Spooky Remix)
Radiohead - Reckoner (Henry Saiz Vocal Mantra Remix)

59 mins
80MB
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HN0U4QX8

Anti-Derivative
Aug 12, 2003
Beware of Squirrel

I haven’t put a mix together in years so it’s about time I made one. Here’s all the fun hipster poo poo i’ve been listening to lately.

Genre: I dunno...Electro-pop?
Bitrate: alt-preset-extreme
Length: Around 2 hours
Size: 204MB

02.07.09.zip (204 MB ZIP) Zip file because i was kind enough to track split the songs.

Tracklisting:

01 - DatA ft. Sebastien Grainger - Rapture
02 - Futurecop! - Class of 1984 (Anoraak Mix)
03 - Passion Pit - Smile Upon
04 - Hot Chip - Hold On (D.I.M. Mix)
05 - Groove Armada - Drop the Tough (Van She Mix
06 - Midnight Juggernaughts - Into the Galaxy (Danger Mix
07 - PNAU - Baby (Breakbot Mix)
08 - YukSek ft Chromeo - So Down
09 - The Black Kids - Im not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance (80Kidz Mix)
10 - Lets Get Invisible - The Spices of Love Chesty (Namedrop Mix)
11 - Rockwell - Somebodys Watching Me
12 - Vampire Weekend - The Kids Dont Stand a Chance (Chromeo Remix)
13 - Does it Offend You Yeah - Dawn of the Dead (Station X Club Mix)
14 - Coeur de Pirate - Comme Des Enfants (Le Matos Andy Carmichael Mix)
15 - Cut Copy - So Haunted (Knightlife Mix)
16 - Cansei de Ser Sexy (CSS) - Left Behind (80Kidz Mix)
17 - Heloise and the Savior Faire - Illusions (Modus Vivendi Remix)
18 - Deadmau5 - Slip (Sebastien Leger Mix)
19 - College - Fantasy Park (Moulinex Remix)
20 - Friendly Fires ft Au Revoir Simone - Paris (Aeroplane Mix)
21 - Van She - Kelly (Lifelike Mix)
22 - Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream
23 - College - The Energy Story
24 - M83 - Kim and Jessie

Hopefully Optimus Prime, Stallone, and friendly otter can defeat David Lo Pan and his evil henchotter.

Anti-Derivative fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 9, 2009

Symptomless Coma
Mar 30, 2007
for shock value
I made a new mix and I'm really really happy with it

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?duczhzmy03n

---
Cotti – calm down
D1 – instep
Unknown (brandy) – wanna be down
Benny page – swagger
Babylon system – examination of time VIP
>>liquid – sweet harmony
underworld – born slippy
DZ – break it down
>>Daft Punk – Revolution 909 (revolutionary war mix)
rusko – my chips
>>diplo – wassup wassup (dj sega remix)
benga – crunked up
>>the count & sinden – hardcore girls
caspa – cockney flute
>>onephatdeeva – in and out of my life acapella
geiom – remenissin
shut up and dance – epileptik (martyn’s no strobe mix)
roger sanchez – needin’ U
---

This is the weirdest poo poo I've ever tried. Beware!

Bomb Rickles
Dec 28, 2008
Reporting in from Detroit (you can put me on the list as we lack representation right now). Despite its rep as the Techno motherland, Funk night is all the rage at the moment here in the D.
Heres a Disco and Rare Groove mix for your enjoyment. It is my first mix using music that has non electronic drums, tell me what you think.

Pointer Sisters - Happiness
Patrice Rushen - Music of the Earth
Tom Browne - Funkin for Jamaica
Salsoul Orchestra - Burning Spear
Nytro - High On Disco
Instant Funk - I've Got My Mind Made Up
Salsoul Orchestra - Ooh, I Love It! (Shep Pettibone 12")
China Burton - You Don't Care About Our Love
TJ Johnson Band - I Can Make It Good For You
Billy Ocean - Stay the Night

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d3e8bcdeef0b9c97bda4076e811714c8e04e75f6e8ebb871

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I've got a new mix airing on Proton next week and I'll be sure to post it after it airs. I almost hosed up and uploaded it now. :v:

eller
Jan 9, 2004

Reppin' Tdot:

http://www.anal0g.org/dj_testosterone/020809-dj_testosterone-change_isn%27t_just_a_jingle_in_your_pocket.mp3

minuit - The Sum Of Us
milosh - you make me feel
sven brede - streberry hills feat. ela
ben clock - before one
youANDme - falling
nick the kid, lee H. - gettin harder (cargos flip the switch remix)
cyro - afrodisiac
ladies on mars - sex machine 2008 (dj daw remix)
9lives - planet earth (club mix)
memo, but - let it go (arp mix)
sian - domina
delete (aka sergio munoz) - where is my moustache?
rework - gogging beat (roman fluegels tender feet mix)

SynthesizerKaiser
Jan 28, 2009
BOOSTER JUICE
Would someone please suggest what even comes close to being exciting enough to play after (or even before) this track? It's Noisia - Gutterpump and it's awesome. I love to play it. It's got quite an intro and sounds great for getting started. At 128 bpm I'm usually playing something electro / funky, but nothing in my library comes close. :( Suggestions?

SynthesizerKaiser fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Feb 9, 2009

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

SynthesizerKaiser posted:

Would someone please suggest what even comes close to being exciting enough to play after (or even before) this track? It's Noisia - Gutterpump and it's awesome. I love to play it. It's got quite an intro and sounds great for getting started. At 128 bpm I'm usually playing something electro / funky, but nothing in my library comes close. :( Suggestions?

I used to play it with one certain track almost exclusively but it's not coming to me at the moment. I'll dig around my folders and let you know. One I can think that might work tho is kid cremes voodoo mix of 'the game'.

Dance Move Burglar
Oct 2, 2005

by Ozma
I have a mix with that track in it and the following track is "Fearless Funk" by Hustle Athletics

JohnnyRed
Aug 19, 2004

by Ozma
I just tried with Kraftwerk - Aerodynamik Alex Gopher Remix and it was super fun. I'll upload a test blend later tonight

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Dance Move Burglar posted:

I have a mix with that track in it and the following track is "Fearless Funk" by Hustle Athletics

Thank you! The track I used to use was by Hustle Athletics (which is a Noisia alias) and the track name is San Francisco.

SynthesizerKaiser
Jan 28, 2009
BOOSTER JUICE
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I hadn't heard some of these before.

For content, here's a mix from last November with a bunch of darker sounding trance tracks I'd been saving. I don't know if it's all in key since I only recently started hearing how important it is, but most of it should be.

Duration: 1:17:43
Bitrate: 192kbps

01. Jolly Harbour (???) - The Beauty (Martin Roth Atmospheric Remix)
02. Mike Foyle - Pandora (The Blizzard Remix)
03. Matt Cerf and Envio feat Jaren - Walk Away (Lange Remix)
04. Cerf, Mitiska and Jaren - Silently (Chad Cisneros Remix)
05. PAFF - From King to Finch
06. Martin Roth & Alex Bartlett - Off the World (Gareth Emery Remix)
07. Blank & Jones feat Bernard Sumner - Miracle Cure (Martin Roth Nu-Style Dub Remix)
08. 4 Strings - Catch A Fall (First State's Dark Remix)
09. Van Riel & Geert Huinink - Minimal Symphony
10. Sied van Riel - Sinner In Heaven (Original Mix)
11. Ferry Corsten - Into the Dark (Ferry Fix)
12. Ernesto vs Bastian - Super Jupiter (Original Mix)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OA9L4GRF

edit: changed to a non-terrible host.

SynthesizerKaiser fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 11, 2009

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Will download your mix because it's the first trance mix other than my own that I've seen posted in almost a year.

edit: well I tried to download it, but that server has a maximum speed of 20kb/s so I gave up. It was going to take like 2 hours. Can you rehost it

edit 1: We were asked to customize our fliers, so ... :smug:

mitztronic fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 11, 2009

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One
I'm doing a livestream right now. Minimal-techno / tech-house etc.

Will probably last about 1 hour or for as long as I feel like going. There's a maximum number of listeners unfortunately. :(

EDIT: No More. :(

Rivfader fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Feb 12, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesizerKaiser
Jan 28, 2009
BOOSTER JUICE

jonmitz posted:

Will download your mix because it's the first trance mix other than my own that I've seen posted in almost a year.

edit: well I tried to download it, but that server has a maximum speed of 20kb/s so I gave up. It was going to take like 2 hours. Can you rehost it

Changed to a new host, sorry about that!

• Locked thread