Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

That Wicked Walrus posted:

New mix, horrorstep and drumfilth. I mean, gently caress. My bad, it's rap and funk and boogie.

click here for soundcloud

Just wanted to pop in and say I really enjoyed this, definitely gonna be listening to this again, be it in the car or in the livin' room. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
http://soundcloud.com/eatinskullz/mix-try

So goons, do I have an ear for this? Try not to pay attention to the atrocities made with filters and effects during the songs, I just wanna know how my transitions worked out.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mitztronic posted:

What equipment do you use? I will go through and give you play by play suggestions if you want. Do you have PMs? :)

A cursory comment is that the transitions are really sudden. Usually cuts (transitioning from one song to another instantly or near-instantly) is usually used with dubstep or drum and bass, sometimes breaks (which isnt to say it can't be used elsewhere). Do you know how to beatmatch yet? For starters try to layer the songs. Practice that for a while. Do you know about phrases?

Sorry, no PMs, but if you like you can email melikeblazers11@hotmail.com

You're right, this isn't exactly the genre to being doing instant cuts with. Really the only transition I'm proud of is from 22:00-22:40 because I actually counted back like 32 measures to get that first bass note to play right on time (I think that's what phrasing is, right?). I also liked my last transition from Indigo to Now We Are, but the one in between, from It's A Crime to Indigo, sounds like a shoebox full of nails being tossed around. v:shobon:v

From what I can tell beatmatching in a basic sense is matching some part of the percussion (like the hi-hat) to the other track and adjusting the tempo of the incoming track to match. In any case I will definitely keep practicing layering songs. :)

Jedi Knight Luigi fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 21, 2012

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I forget who posted the "Slow Your Roll" 5 hour mix, but thanks to whoever you are. Really is the bee's knees.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Kontour posted:

So I made this: http://soundcloud.com/kontour/not-sure-what-the-gently caress

Deep House/Disco I guess

Listen and tell me what you think.

This is my kind of poo poo. You sure took your time transitioning from "Can't Sleep" to "Dayz" though. (the latter being my favorite track on the mix)

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

chrix posted:

Thanks! I was beginning to think it got looked over in favor of some of the other mixes. I appreciate you checking it out!

Sup fellow Indy goon. Do you know any good EDM venues around town, maybe some places you spin at?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Spam Man posted:

Let me blow the dust off of my account for this special occasion. Ive completed what I find to be my best mix to date. A tasteful mix of Classic Chicago House from the 80s.

To listen:

http://soundcloud.com/djphiction/dj-phiction-presents-jack-a

Tracklisting:
[snip]

Enjoy goons!

This is a must-listen for anybody getting into house, myself included. I first started getting into all manners of house (electro, tech, deep, ambient, ghetto) about a year and half ago when I was 20 and I'm happy with recognizing just about 1/5 of the tracks; I'm always willing to learn more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Love me some Tribe :cool:
Can't wait to listen to it later.

• Locked thread