Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
McNerd
Aug 28, 2007
Quick question: I haven't seen many screencaps. How goes the effort?

Hope it hasn't died or been sidetracked by Bill's visit to SA. It's all family here and we want him to get the $10 of gay jpegs he paid for, but business comes first right? Or are his legal threats too powerful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNerd
Aug 28, 2007

Mike the cleaner posted:

Hi folks,

I am Mike the cleaner. I am cleaning up things, because somebody has to do the dirty work.

This is a long post, sorry. It has pretty interesting screenshots, too.

I don't know. I tend to agree with your interpretation of the chat and everything else you posted. But is the inappropriateness clear-cut enough to spread doubt among hardcore supporters? If not, what's the goal here? Pissing off Ralph? I may be overestimating the level of denial on teamsarah, especially since I have no firsthand experience of it. But do you think "freedom fire" will come as a shock to the average member the way "BILL COLLIER OWNS A DILDO EMPORIUM" did?

It seems like it can easily be brushed off with "That's not what they meant," and the reader won't spend the time reading to decide what they DID mean. I don't think there's any other interpretation, but to reach that conclusion you have to expend effort reading the screenshots, suggesting alternative interpretations, and realizing they don't make sense. I don't think people will put forth that effort, when they already feel certain of the result.

(Also, why does the dildo emporium sentence still make me laugh, every time?)

McNerd fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 9, 2009