Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Duuk posted:

Also last I checked, the energy of a round doesn't really get lost - if you shoot someone in full armor with hollowpoints, they can shrug it off but the armor will get ripped to all hell eventually. Basically if all you have is HP, just spray and pray and they'll go through sooner or later.

The armor will get ripped to all hell after a few shots AND they still take stamina "damage" with every shot, so it's not entirely worthless as they will probably be down on the ground by the fourth or fifth round anyway.
Of course, AP ammo will probably kill them by that time, so that's usually the better way to deal with an armored target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.

Burning Mustache posted:

The armor will get ripped to all hell after a few shots AND they still take stamina "damage" with every shot, so it's not entirely worthless as they will probably be down on the ground by the fourth or fifth round anyway.
Of course, AP ammo will probably kill them by that time, so that's usually the better way to deal with an armored target.

Yes. In addition to killing faster, I find it preferable that the armor stays intact if at all possible - In case someone needs to use it.

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the week long repairing sessions that come with larger portions of new and exciting loot (case in point being the CA).

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Duuk posted:

I'm sure most of you are familiar with the week long repairing sessions that come with larger portions of new and exciting loot (case in point being the CA).

Hiring Gasket and using him and Dimitri to have them repair all your gear 24/7 works pretty well for this by the way.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Psion posted:

I can't wait until Zigmidge comes back after his first experience with one of the .338 rifles. :D

Man, it sure is great you have this in-depth knowledge of how the game works and how the enemies will distribute themselves among the city, just like a first-time player who's still grappling with how to play the game and learn the equipment and tactics and entire gameplay structu---oh, wait. If you'd just stuck with "It's not so bad if you let them take the town and then you can take it back piece by piece" I don't think you'd see people jumping all over you. Or admitting that maybe you're still assuming a new player has a greater grasp of the basic gameplay fundamentals that early in the game than most would, even turn-based GAME MASTERS or whatever.

I actually went and outfitted myself a team of mercs complete with commando toques and famas rifles but thanks I think I will go try a 338!

As for the attacks, it turns out I have no choice! The INI editor refuses to run on any of my machines and editing the file itself in the 113 data folder doesn't seem to actually do anything.

Took me all night but it seems that the attacks have finally settled down. I had to restart twice to figure out a good course of action but what I ended up doing was going straight for the mining sector so that I could start earning some cash asap so that I could afford to keep a few AIM mercs on retainer while I defended the mine from wave after wave of Diedrannas men training militia in between every attack. Eventually I managed to max out the militia and used them to attack the adjacent sector. Rinse and repeat. I've now got the whole town, my little AIM squad outfitted (I spent 3 hours last night just outfitting them. Tons' O Guns is absolutely insane in Bobby Ray's), enough militia to let me leave and enough income to support an AIM merc with 87 leadership to leave as garrison so that he can retrain any lost militia.

And it's only day 37!

Sure wish I could have turned off those counterattacks.

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I've been playing this game a lot lately, although i'm not very good at it. I struggled to clear Drassen, and I eventually did it with Lynx, Fidel, and my IMP guy. However, to save cash I only rented them for one day. Now i've got all of Drassen, but i'm kind of low on ammo. Drassen seems to get attacked by squads of guys in red shirts pretty often even with Drassen Counterattack set to off in the .ini editor.

I read that I should train militia, but what's the best way to do it? I tried using Ira but Drassen gets attacked and I get overwhelmed while I wait around.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MMOs & Welfare posted:

I read that I should train militia, but what's the best way to do it? I tried using Ira but Drassen gets attacked and I get overwhelmed while I wait around.

Helps to have some other helpers like Hitman or Wolf in order for your sectors to keep on cranking out guys.

You also need to launch preemptive strikes to clear out roving enemy squads until you lock down the town.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

MMOs & Welfare posted:

I've been playing this game a lot lately, although i'm not very good at it. I struggled to clear Drassen, and I eventually did it with Lynx, Fidel, and my IMP guy. However, to save cash I only rented them for one day. Now i've got all of Drassen, but i'm kind of low on ammo. Drassen seems to get attacked by squads of guys in red shirts pretty often even with Drassen Counterattack set to off in the .ini editor.

Your first attack or two are going to be sans militia no matter what you do. There's no way you can train them up by the time the first wave arrives. Your best bet is to save and figure out which side they're attacking from and pre-emptively taking up residence in a house or building with 1 entrance. When the battle starts, set your team up (Even if it's just you and Ira) so that they can cover the front door and just make as much noise as you can to get them to come in. It will take some time to clear out most of them like this, but eventually you can leave to mop up the one or two stragglers that refuse to come inside (AI pathfinding loving sucks in this game).

At least, that's how I did it.

*edit* Somebody was going on earlier about how MERC sucks but it seems to me that their low stats combined with super low rental price indicate that they're purely for garrison purposes. I made a squad of 4 and have them all in Drassen practicing skills and they're going to stay like that until they're at a comparable level to my AIM mercs at which point I can just gladly fire the expensive guys.

I can see two things wrong with this though: First is that their price will go up with their skills and two is they won't ever become useful before I beat the game. Input?

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 16, 2009

Ion Mage
Dec 21, 2006
MERCs are in fact not bad garrison. At any rate, I usually pick up gasket for doing repair work, and someone else as a 'representative' to visit the various taverns to check and see if the travelling NPCs are around (though they dont seem to move around much anymore, did 1.13 change their movement habits? I'm talking of course about Carmen, Micky, and the bounties), since my main crew is usually too busy elsewhere to check for something that -might- be there. I usually pick flo for the job, as she isn't psychotic (like razor) and doesnt piss off everyone (biff seems to piss everyone off in my experience).

To add to that, paying for them helps MERC get its better characters available, though the only one I've ever used is Stogie.

Also, Gumpy can be trained to be decent enough if you expect your campaign to last a looooong time, just have him sit somewhere secure and practice marksmanship. My last campaign lasted 90 days and he was only at 75 or so, which made it hardly worth it. But its been done, supposedly.

Also, characters only get more expensive if their levels rise. Raw stat growth has no effect. Sometimes raw stat growth CAN cause a levelup, but thats rare as it seems that genuinely sending people onto the battlefield does things a lot faster.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Zigmidge posted:

As for the attacks, it turns out I have no choice! The INI editor refuses to run on any of my machines and editing the file itself in the 113 data folder doesn't seem to actually do anything.

There's no "INI editor" as far as I'm aware.
All you need to do is edit the "Ja2_Options.INI" file in your Ja2\Data-1.13\ folder with a regular text editor like notepad and set STRATEGIC_EVENT_SEND_TROOPS_TO_DRASSEN = FALSE.
Be aware that for this to have an effect, you will need to start a new game after editing the file.
Also, setting this to FALSE does not mean that you won't get a few patrols attacking Drassen at all after you took it for the first time. I just started a new game on experienced and got 2 waves of about 10 - 15 soldiers attacking within something like 2 or 3 days.
This is nothing compared to the ~60 enemies (including elite troops with grey shirts) you will get attacking within one day if it's set to "TRUE", however.

EDIT:
As for the MERC discussion:
Real men play the game with the following (psycho) squad only.

IMP Merc with auto weapons skill and psycho personality trait
Haywire
Razor
Fidel
Maddog (as soon as you find him)

Burning Mustache fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 16, 2009

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Victorious, he returned to us, claiming that he had slain the drought where even Orlanth could not. The god-talkers were not sure what to make of this.

Zigmidge posted:

Your first attack or two are going to be sans militia no matter what you do. There's no way you can train them up by the time the first wave arrives. Your best bet is to save and figure out which side they're attacking from and pre-emptively taking up residence in a house or building with 1 entrance. When the battle starts, set your team up (Even if it's just you and Ira) so that they can cover the front door and just make as much noise as you can to get them to come in. It will take some time to clear out most of them like this, but eventually you can leave to mop up the one or two stragglers that refuse to come inside (AI pathfinding loving sucks in this game).

At least, that's how I did it.

*edit* Somebody was going on earlier about how MERC sucks but it seems to me that their low stats combined with super low rental price indicate that they're purely for garrison purposes. I made a squad of 4 and have them all in Drassen practicing skills and they're going to stay like that until they're at a comparable level to my AIM mercs at which point I can just gladly fire the expensive guys.

I can see two things wrong with this though: First is that their price will go up with their skills and two is they won't ever become useful before I beat the game. Input?

Oh, I find MERC cheapies to be vey useful actually. I regularly hire Gumpy for the main team and Flo for the trailing squad for their high wisdom which really does skill them up really fast. Also, since they are so cheap, they remain cheap even with the levelup payrises. I have never been able to justify the thousands of bux for some AIM top notch guy when a lvl 5 Gumpy might just kick his rear end and costs five-six times less. Plus he's been along for the whole ride, got to give the little guy some credit.

You are hired to do a job after all. Better hoard that profit :P
(I'll fire up the desktop tomorrow and see if I have a save with a Powergumpy for further discussion)

I haven't usually hired Gasket although I seem to remember he's pretty good at fixin'. Dmitri and Maddog (or was it some other free merc that was good at this? I think it was Maddog) tend be OK for my day to day fixables and with major repair time I'll give everybody wrenches anyway.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Zigmidge posted:

Eventually I managed to max out the militia and used them to attack the adjacent sector. Rinse and repeat. I've now got the whole town, my little AIM squad outfitted (I spent 3 hours last night just outfitting them. Tons' O Guns is absolutely insane in Bobby Ray's)

Bobby Ray's + tons of guns is what drove me to make custom guns in the first place. So many choices and why can I not combine this gun with that and and and oh gently caress it I'LL MAKE MY OWN BALL AND BRING IT TO THE PLAYGROUND

That and I loving love Noveske rifles and hey if that goofy rear end Magpul PDR was in then by god I was adding a 14" Noveske :colbert:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Zigmidge posted:

I actually went and outfitted myself a team of mercs complete with commando toques and famas rifles but thanks I think I will go try a 338!

The bolt-actions are kind of annoying since you need to work the bolt every time you shoot for 7-ish AP, but holy crap are they fantastic for delivering a one-shot headshot kill across the entire map.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more

Burning Mustache posted:

EDIT:

Haywire
Razor
Fidel
What about Dynamo!?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Burning Mustache posted:

All you need to do is edit the "Ja2_Options.INI" file in your Ja2\Data-1.13\ folder with a regular text editor like notepad and set STRATEGIC_EVENT_SEND_TROOPS_TO_DRASSEN = FALSE.
Be aware that for this to have an effect, you will need to start a new game after editing the file.
Also, setting this to FALSE does not mean that you won't get a few patrols attacking Drassen at all after you took it for the first time. I just started a new game on experienced and got 2 waves of about 10 - 15 soldiers attacking within something like 2 or 3 days.
This is nothing compared to the ~60 enemies (including elite troops with grey shirts) you will get attacking within one day if it's set to "TRUE", however.

EDIT:

Haywire
Razor
Fidel

It's also nice that psycho trait gives a bonus to full-auto fire hit chance so there's some payoff for going through more ammo.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I'm already planning future playthroughs. This game is a real winner and a classic and so much from this is borrowed for other games. Note I'm not even near finishing yet.

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Is there a special trick to using sniper rifles? I tried using Scope and I noticed that after her first shot during combat, the ap cost to chamber another round or whatever is like 4 AP higher than the max she can get while uninjured and not exhausted. I had similar results when I bought a sniper rifle and the correct ammunition for it from that website.

Mathemagician
Aug 21, 2003

tell me some more
What rifle was it? Also was she carrying way too much EQ?

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Mathemagician posted:

What rifle was it? Also was she carrying way too much EQ?

No, when I tried it with Scope, it was her default loadout. I fired one round at the first enemy I saw in Omerta, and the AP cost to fire another shot was too high for the rest of the time she was in combat. The clip of the sniper rifle wasn't empty, it was 4/5.

edit: She starts with an M82 sniper rifle.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

MMOs & Welfare posted:

No, when I tried it with Scope, it was her default loadout. I fired one round at the first enemy I saw in Omerta, and the AP cost to fire another shot was too high for the rest of the time she was in combat. The clip of the sniper rifle wasn't empty, it was 4/5.

edit: She starts with an M82 sniper rifle.

Most sniper rifles only allow you to get off one, maybe two shots per turn, especially the bolt action ones. Although the m82 isn't bolt action. For how long has Scope started with an M82? I recall her starting with a much shittier rifle.

MMOs & Welfare
Jan 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Most sniper rifles only allow you to get off one, maybe two shots per turn, especially the bolt action ones. Although the m82 isn't bolt action. For how long has Scope started with an M82? I recall her starting with a much shittier rifle.

The problem isn't that I only get one shot per round, it's that after the first shot with all the sniper rifles i've tried, (the M82 and the Steyr Scout) i'm unable to fire again at all. In both cases the AP cost goes up to 28, which is higher than any of my mercs have at maximum.

This is 1.13, on the setting just above novice, with tons of guns selected. No mods or anything.

Joe Der Maus
Mar 19, 2007

mouseketeerous rex

MMOs & Welfare posted:

The problem isn't that I only get one shot per round, it's that after the first shot with all the sniper rifles i've tried, (the M82 and the Steyr Scout) i'm unable to fire again at all. In both cases the AP cost goes up to 28, which is higher than any of my mercs have at maximum.

This is 1.13, on the setting just above novice, with tons of guns selected. No mods or anything.

I had a similar problem when I tried to update my svn to the newest version. I was getting 20 AP to reload an MP5. I assumed that it was because I was using the HAM mod, but you say that you aren't using any mods, which leads me to believe that something else was the culprit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it other than reverting to a previous version.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

MMOs & Welfare posted:

Did you specifically disable the 100 AP setting? The latest version of 1.13 defaults so 100AP is the new max instead of 25. It sounds like there's some kind of weird conflict somewhere where some weapon settings are adjusted for 100AP but some aren't, and your characters have the old max of 25. I'm not sure how you'd fix this, but I suggest backing up your saves, and doing a clean reinstall of JA2 and installing just the mod in the OP and seeing if that works.

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008
So whenever I alt left click an item on the sector inventory screen it just picks the item up. I have the CAN_SELL_ALT_LMB set to true. lame...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Did you specifically disable the 100 AP setting? The latest version of 1.13 defaults so 100AP is the new max instead of 25. It sounds like there's some kind of weird conflict somewhere where some weapon settings are adjusted for 100AP but some aren't, and your characters have the old max of 25. I'm not sure how you'd fix this, but I suggest backing up your saves, and doing a clean reinstall of JA2 and installing just the mod in the OP and seeing if that works.

Yeah, it seems like the AP costs are the 1.13 ones but the merc's AP is the one from 1.12.

Jinx
Sep 9, 2001

Violence and Bloodshed

MMOs & Welfare posted:

Bolt action rifles require the merc to work the bolt to fire again. For example, using a steyr scout you fire first round using say 68 APs (out of 100). Then you work the bolt using another 28 APs (that'a guess but shouldn't be too far off). Next round you should be able to fire (you'll have less than 100 APs but enough to fire again), but you may not be able to aim as much as you like, especially if you do anything other than move.

Snipers are meant to be stationary long distance killing machines, not run and gun ninjas. Put your sniper on a roof somewhere, and then get a merc with stealth and camo to spot for him/her (the spotter can use binocs for added effect). Just be aware that even for rifles with 70+ range and a sniper scope you won't be getting headshots from too far away.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

AET = Advanced Energy Transfer

hosed if I know what that means in real life that's just the term that was thrown around the 1.13 forums forever.

also real men disable everything but rocket launchers and up explosives damage.

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Tommofork posted:

AET = Advanced Energy Transfer

hosed if I know what that means in real life that's just the term that was thrown around the 1.13 forums forever.

also real men disable everything but rocket launchers and up explosives damage.

I firmly believe that the true test of manhood is a battle with naught but knives.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Throwing knives are for night ops pussies.

Turn drop all off, turn the drop rates on everything but ammo way down and make it so you can scope the loadout of an enemy from ages away. Knock those cunts out and steal their poo poo if you want it.

edit: this mod is loving great for insane challenge modes.

Eediot Jedi fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 16, 2009

Duuk
Sep 4, 2006

Tommofork posted:

Throwing knives are for night ops pussies.

Turn drop all off, turn the drop rates on everything but ammo way down and make it so you can scope the loadout of an enemy from ages away. Knock those cunts out and steal their poo poo if you want it.

edit: this mod is loving great for insane challenge modes.

I said nothing about throwing or night ops. :ese:

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Burning Mustache posted:

EDIT:

Haywire
Razor
Fidel
Buzz

I made a minor adjustment. She is not there to be maternal, she is there to make sure they do the psycho thing right.

Razor is the gem in that group. Do not let those stats scare you away, I have used him in every game and there is some underlying stats that are hiding because he levels quick, shoots better then his skill might suggest, even when not psycho, and never ever gets tired.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Parias posted:

Woa, hold up - what's the story with this thing having multiplayer all of a sudden? Is this something I could now take over to a LAN party to engage in an all-day co-operative bash through the game's campaign mode, or is it currently limited to independent, session-configured engagements?

Can someone explain how to setup multiplayer? I see no option in it for the main game.

Thanks!

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive
I haven't played 1.13 since about 8 months ago, looks like it's time for another playthrough. In re: tunnel of death defenses, I found that a hand-to-hand or knifing character can add alot to the defense as well as giving opportunity for more rarified skill ups. Just put him behind the door. I remember one SAM site defense that left Flo and Biff bled out on the floor, Gasket dead by the toilet, and only a badly wounded Buns and a defiantly proud, machete-wielding, blood-drenched Bubba still alive. Glorious.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Burning Mustache posted:

Check your JA2 folder. It was there even in the ancient versions.

As we mentioned level a few times, here's what going up in experience level actually does.

quote:

Increases Doctoring rate.
Increases Repair rate.
Increases Militia Training rate.
Increases priority for character's items to get repaired first in the squad.
Decreases chance for the squad to be ambushed by enemies.
Increases chance of merc to go on another assignment, or to get another contract before his service to you is done.
Increases chance of merc to gain points in skills, through experience or practice.
Decreases chance of merc to improve his skills while available for hire (I.E. not working for you or for someone else).
Decreases chance to get killed while working for someone else.
Decreases chance to fire unwanted "extra" bullets in autofire mode.
Increases the difficulty level of this merc's planted bombs/mines.
For enemies and militia - increases chance to carry Heavy Weapons (like rocket launchers, mortars, GLs).
When the merc dies or is captured, a higher Experience Level means a more severe hit to the player's reputation.
Above level 3, the merc's hearing range is increased by one tile.
Helps reduce noise made while moving.
Increases resistance to Suppression Fire.
Increases chance to pick locks (both electronic and normal).
Increases chance to succeed in planting bombs.
Increases chance to succeed in disarming traps.
Increases chance to notice an enemy firing (silent) darts at the merc (assuming you haven't been hit and passed out! ).
Increases chance to succeed in attaching together electronic items (Not sure which items those are).
Increases chance to detect traps.
Increases base APs to spend per turn.
Decreases noise made when screaming due to bomb explosion. Means the enemy is less likely to hear you stepping on mines
Increases medical skill when bandaging wounds.
When using the Soldier Tooltips - increases the range at which you can view enemy soldier tooltips.
Increases chance to interrupt enemy.
Increases chance for merc (if holding the robot remote control) to make the robot interrupt enemies.
When attacking an NPC that is not currently hostile, helps your merc be able to shoot first.
Increases CTH with rocket-launchers.
Increases maximum attainable aiming bonus from extra aiming APs.
Increases chance to Dodge Bullets (Yes, dodge bullets. This effectively decreases the CTH of the attacker... but not by much).
Decreases enemy's chance to dodge bullets (Errrr....)
Reduces the penalty to CTH caused by injuries. (That's a good thing)
Increases base damage with Melee attacks.
Increases CTH with Melee attacks.
Increases chance to dodge Melee attacks.
Increases chance to steal.
Increases chance to prevent stealing.
Increases CTH with high-arc launched weapons (Mortars, high-arc Grenade Launchers)
Reduces the penalty to CTH of Thrown/Launched weapons caused by injuries. (That's a good thing)
Increases profile - enemies will want to shoot at a higher-level merc first.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
Random Question, i am going through a sort of cheating all guns blazing playthrough.

Whats better XM-8 Sharpshooter or FN SCAR-H SV?

The XM8 has lower AP requirements, and looks cooler :) But the FN SCAR has a much better range (670 vs 400) and does more damage. :)

Is there any side affect from cheating too?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

UberJumper posted:

Is there any side affect from cheating too?

Your save games will have the cheater Tag. But that's it.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
How much does range attribute on guns factor into the game?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
Where does Jagged Alliance put save files?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

UberJumper posted:

How much does range attribute on guns factor into the game?

You get a massive penalty to CTH when you try to shoot a guy outside a weapon's range, so it's a pretty big factor. You can see this with pistols at the beginning easily enough. Try to shoot a guy that's just outside your range, and you'll likely get no higher than a 33% chance to hit. Move up one tile and all of a sudden it goes up to 66% or more.

Treylis
Jul 8, 2004

As an American, I realize that my primary advantage lies in being as well-armed as possible at all times.
Gah, I was able to use medic/first aid LBE before but now equipping it or looking at it causes an instant CTD, glanced at the forums but don't see any fixes, just some guy with SAW LBE having the same issue--that stopped for him mysteriously. I would assume it's something to do with the common syringe pockets but after waving a dead chicken at it in a few various ways I can't seem to get around it.

Rex Deckard posted:

Razor is the gem in that group. Do not let those stats scare you away, I have used him in every game and there is some underlying stats that are hiding because he levels quick, shoots better then his skill might suggest, even when not psycho, and never ever gets tired.

Yeah, mercs have a "need for sleep" attribute you can glance at in proedit, Razor has the lowest value of any merc in the game. He also does seem to skill up way faster than his wisdom would suggest--I had him strength-training folks and his leadership just skyrocketed. Considering his dirt-cheap price he's an excellent option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
I loving hate vista! I think its destroying my saves.