Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Should I also get Unfinished Business and/or Wildfire from GoG? I've also never played the original JA2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
The tip in the OP- "If you want to reduce the scope minimum range penalties to something more realistic"... Does this increase or decrease the difficulty? The logic in my brain is inverting several times over the line "This reduces the minimum effective ranges..."

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Can you use rocks for throwing or something in 1.13? Cause my guy just went Whats that?! & a rock highlighted

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Any tips for a beginner? I've tweaked 1.13 as per the OP, but I'm getting my rear end handed to me in Drassen airport.

I'm trying to step out, shoot, then back into cover as best as I can. However enemy pistols seem more effective than my MP5K

If I use a firstaid kit on someone during a firefight, should I perform surgery as well?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Gyoru posted:

In BIA, Fox has a new trait called Nudist where her morale gets a boost when she isn't wearing any clothes.
Ugh please tell me you're joking
:ughh:

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I did the same thing not 2 hours ago. Managed to take Drassen airport taking only minor hits. Patience & not trying to do too much per turn really pays off

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Just curious how many red shirt enemies there should be at Drassen Mine? I killed 11, and 9 more just piled out of 1 building as I swept around some more :stare:

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Is there anyway to turn down the difficulty in 1.13 after starting a game? I need novice mode

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

signalnoise posted:

Here's hoping BiA gets the Temple of Elemental Evil treatment
What happened to ToEE?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I've taken Drassen & trained up some militia. Whats a good next town/area to assault?

I've got Dimitri on his way + 3 other mercs. Should I be splitting into more than 1 group?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I'm at day 15 & I've only taken Drassen and the far West town. Now I'm getting emails about being too slow, and Drassen mine is about to dry up in a few days. I'm also kinda low on cash. Am I hosed?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Sistergodiva posted:

Ok, so I've taken Drassen. What's the best way to keep it? They just seem to eat my milita. Do I have to equip them or something?
I spent a few days training all 3 squares to at least half blue status. For one of the counter assaults I had 2 mercs in that particular square, so that helped reduce militia casualties & improve their experience.
After getting all 3 squares to at least some blue levels they should be able to take care of themselves.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Welp I just got addicted to this game. I managed to take down a small ambush of only 6 enemies, but they were armed to the teeth with ARs with attached grenade launchers, laser sights, and much better armor. Now I'm upgrading my trusty MP5Ks to ARs & it rules

edit: question- how do you combine half empty ammo in the sector inventory?

dud root fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 18, 2012

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Do I need to micromanage repair for the entire squad by shuffling weapons, or can I just set 1 guy to repair, whilst the others stand around?

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

membranoid posted:

Anyone ever had one enemy left in a sector and not been able to find him? I've been looking for half a drat hour. Think its bugged.

In this scenario I recommend:

quicksave,
use the cheat to display all enemies Ctrl-gabbi, then Alt-E
quickload

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Alt-R doesnt work for me either in 1.13, so you have to do it manually from inventory

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Is there a jeep in JA2 1.13? Saw one in the LP thread & am wondering if I missed it

lol where can I find the icecream truck?
\/\/

dud root fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 2, 2012

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Did you stand up? Made a big enough difference from memory to warrant the risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
I've turned on drop everything, but not every dead enemy drops their gear. If its working correctly I dont think it will break the game flow