Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO
On my previous play through in JA2 1.13 I pretty much ignored HP bullets, believing that AP is pretty much more useful in any situation...well now do I regret not having used a HP round with the last shot I fired.

Ivan, with his trusty AKM takes aim at a hostile that suddenly turned the corner, a single shot was fired, the round hit its target, leaving the soldier wounded. The bullet having already run itself through an armored body then proceeded to travel through a wall and was finally halted by the body of some innocent child bystander. If only Ivan knew what he had done... :suicide: "bye bye"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO

Nordick posted:

I probably have to kick up another squad, I have so much cool poo poo I wanna try shooting things with.

That is a problem I get when playing these sorts of games... I get an acute case of stockpile syndrome. I think I currently have a Merc who is sitting on an armorys worth of RPG heads that I am too reluctant to use.

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO
I spend more time modding then editing the mods to my liking with this game than I do playing it... :smithicide:

UC1.13AFSv4.42+ a bunch of my own edits of both XML and ini files.

Overheating guns... dirt build up... Militia and enemy troops dropping weapons depending on their rank. And so many variants of the AK, oh and zombies if you must...

But let me tell you the fun I went through... adding around 900 firearms to the enemy and militia drop tables. Having to manually put them in via their item ID without any errors took me something like around 6-8 hours.

Urby
May 31, 2011

MADE IN MEXICO
Only problem is the drop tables will only work if you are running one of the recentish versions of AFS, which mind you is a pretty rad 1.13 mod seeing as AIMNAS has some private test thing going on.

But hey, if anyone wants the tables I've done up, just send me a message or something. The set up is pretty much this

Admin enemies progress from mixed civilian weapons (22lr hunting rifles and stuff) up to late game where they expand to WWII equipment with older AK variants thrown in.

Regular enemies start with WWII stuff and progress to regular military gear.

Elite troops start off with regular military gear and progress their way to exotic east weapons and prototypes.

The same happens with militia except using NATO weapons.