Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Shaocaholica posted:

What exactly are these VSCO LR presets? Am I just buying LR/ACR slider values? Or are they more than that? I see they have camera profiles but I'm not sure how these are made and how accurate that method might be.

Are these guys actually shooting(and properly scanning) charts with real filmstock and creating profiles/lookup tables? And then applying that data to calibration data for all these different digital cameras?

Since there's no demo or anything this video walkthrough pretty much sums up the contents of the newest pack and how VSCO works in general:

https://vimeo.com/87537723

Also,

VSCO posted:

For two weeks only, VSCO Film 05 will be on sale for 25% off! If you currently own VSCO Film 01, Film 02, Film 03, Film 04 or VSCO Keys, receive 50% off VSCO Film 05, normally priced at $119. Don’t own VSCO Film yet? Simply buy any one pack for full price and receive VSCO Film 05 for half off. This offer is good thru March 11th, 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

BANME.sh posted:

Correct, though I am not sure how it works if you plug in an external drive, back it up, then unplug it indefinitely.

quote:

Unplugged External Hard Drives
Backblaze works best if you leave the external hard drive attached to your computer all the time. However, Backblaze will backup external USB and Firewire hard drives that are detached and re-attached as long as you remember to re-attach the hard drive at least once every 30 days. If the drive is detached for more than 30 days, Backblaze software interprets this as data that has been permanently deleted and securely deletes the copy from the Backblaze datacenter. The 30 day countdown is only for drives that have been unplugged. There is no countdown for local files.

If you are going on vacation for a long time, you can shut down your computer with the external drive attached. Backblaze does not detect that the external drive has been unplugged and won't start the 30-day countdown. You can then leave your computer off and unplug your external drive for six months, and Backblaze will still keep all your files backed up including those on your external drive. When you come back from vacation, make sure to plug your external drive back in BEFORE you turn your computer on.

When an external drive is plugged back in, it may take Backblaze a minute or two hours to schedule the files on the external drive to be backed up online.

source: http://www.backblaze.com/edrive.html

• Locked thread