Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Gambl0r posted:

I wrote a how-to on the steps I take when I do HDR processing a while ago. If it's ok, I'll just paste it in here. The photo I used as an example is this one.

The following may not be new to a lot of you, but I think it serves as a good reminder that a HDR photo is not necessarily 'done' right out of Photomatix. I spend a lot more time editing the results from Photomatix than I do during the actual tonemap.

Great processing on that image. I follow a pretty similar work flow for HDR-ish shots. I usually HDR and tonemap one image and layer it with a few extra adjusted RAW exposures to fix any blown or dropped parts and erase out most of the HDR< leaving the parts that I think add to the shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

Toupee posted:

Also, could someone do a write up on the chromatic aberration correction sliders and the edging?

Yeah I would like to know a good anti-CA technique as well. My method of sponge tool and strained wrist is not sufficient.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008
^ Thanks. Without sounding too lazy, what are the big advantages of using Lightroom over Bridge->PS ?

• Locked thread