Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Hi Everyone -

I'm new to post-processing, but I'm realizing that's what it's going to take to get my photography to the next level. I'm shooting with DSLR in raw, but my post-processing currently consists of importing into iPhoto and doing very minor enhancements.

I've read the first post but I'm wondering what you would recommend to someone in my position? I'm not sure running out and grabbing Lightroom/ Photoshop right now is my best option since I know nothing about using those programs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

aliencowboy posted:

No one knows how to use them until they learn. Get them.
So I've got the free trials of Lightroom and Photoshop installed. What would help me get started is:

1. Knowing what a typical "flow is"ie. "What are the basics that I should be able to in Lightroom and Photoshop"
2. What are the best video tutorials for walking me through some of these things?

Thanks again for the help!

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Hey everyone - I've posted in this thread before but I still don't quite feel satisfied with the answers I've received, so I'm going to try asking again.

I've got a DSLR and I want to be able to start post-processing photos but I really have no idea where to start. I've downloaded the trial of Lightroom (and I'm pretty convinced this is the program I should be using) but I still feel like the tutorials online are very specific, ie "Remove this power line from your landscape" or "cover up a pimple", etc. Other "basic" ones jump right into "If you want to adjust balance, then do this...".

I guess what I'm looking for are some high quality video tutorials (they don't have to be free) that will start me down the path of

1. Identifying what I need to do with my photos and
2. Tell me how to do it. For instance, "Look at your photo and decided if XYZ is to bright or dim, then do ABC..."

Sorry for the ramble, but I'm feeling a bit lost and just can't get my bearings. Thanks in advance for any help!

• Locked thread