Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening.
-Greta Garbo

quazi posted:

PTLens. It's not a Lightroom plugin, but it has a database of cameras and lenses, and claims to* correct barrel distortion, pincushion, and even moustache distortion.

* - I haven't used it yet

I've used it, it works as advertised. It's not perfect out of the box but it's very close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening.
-Greta Garbo
Yeah the Bridge improvements in CS4 are pretty good, it's at least worth a second look for certain things (or for people who don't have Lightroom for some reason).

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

-Greta Garbo

Mannequin posted:

How is Bridge like Lightroom? You mean organizationally or in that you can apply curves and sharpening, etc? Because my version of Bridge is strictly an organizational tool. Sorry to rant so long about Bridge, I feel like I'm derailing the thread here.

As an organizational tool. Obviously much more lightweight than Lightroom but the improvements have made it a lot more tolerable/useful for those without LR. It's also quite a good product for all of us Adobe users who have workflows related to a lot more elements then just photography (I'm in this thread because I prep images as part of my duties as a print designer and photographers know good tricks).

mcsuede
Dec 30, 2003

-Greta Garbo
You can also find the "straighten" tool as part of the Lens Correction filter in photoshop (which also has the ability of correcting for perspective to some extent, though nothing to rely on when shooting but it will correct small perspective shifts).

• Locked thread