Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

GWBBQ posted:

I'm not an expert, but I think I've spent more time using the clone tool than I have holding my camera and I never knew about it.

Yeah, I didn't know about it and I've been using photoshop since around 2003 (though back then it was for web design/signatures for forums, but I still did use the clone tool.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Evilkiksass posted:

Do you guys tend to enable lens correction by default? or do you only enable it when you see a photo needs it?

If I've been shooting with my wide angle lens then I apply the lens correction to every photo in the set, only on the basis that it's easier than picking which ones have been done at wider than 35mm and doing only those.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I wonder if SA has a user named "HDR" who wandered into the dorkroom one day because he likes taking photos, saw this thread and wondered why we hate him even though he's never posted here.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I have one gigantic LR library because I'm dumb with computers. On the bright side, when I decide to go back and re-edit a photo, it's pretty easy to just go back 2000 photos and find the approximate date that I took the photo in and then find it from there.

I also shoot in RAW 100% of the time. I've almost always got more than enough storage space and I like the flexibility it offers. I don't keep my RAWs of snapshots (except for the magic part of my computer that keeps them in my LR catalogue), though if I do a big trip/series/whatever that I think is important I always back them up before I do any post.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Suicide Watch posted:

How do I get rid of this awful vignetting? I've tried a circular gradient but it washes out the center of the photo... #wishingihadaNDgrad

DSC_0061 by wholesome_, on Flickr

Maybe try to dodge/burn either the vignette or the rest of the photo until it's even at an even exposure, then boost/reduce exposure and other settings accordingly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

EL BROMANCE posted:

* Is there a common reason why LR might decide one day to take an absolute age to import all of a sudden? Has done it with my last two batches. I'm 10 minutes into an import and it's still not moved anything (but it probably will eventually). Once it's done I'll give it a speed test in my Mac, and I'll also do a full format of the card in my camera. It's quite annoying though, this time it didn't even generate previews in the import pane.

Mine has randomly started doing this too, I just cancel the import and try again until it does it at a vaguely decent speed.

• Locked thread