Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
A lightroom question for any of you "power users"...

I do 100% of my editing on a PC desktop currently. My catalog is on a drive on my desktop for expediency and my raw photos sit on a NAS in another room of the house.

I recently purchased a laptop and would like to figure out the best workflow to use with it. I know Lightroom has a Mobile version if you pay for the subscription but as someone who bought the original Lightroom and has purchased every upgrade since then I don't feel like shelling out again or buying into Adobe CC.

My question is: Is there a way I can possibly share or sync my catalog with my laptop so I can review/edit photos remotely? I know I'd have to figure out how to point it to my NAS if I'm not on the network at my house but I'm just wondering if this is possible or if I should even bother trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Okay awesome, I have a synology 1513+ and I believe it has that capability but I'll have to look into it more. It definitely has a web interface. I should probably put it on a UPS if I end up doing that.

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland
Haven't encountered that yet but definitely good to know. Any idea which version it was introduced with? I'll try to avoid

MMD3
May 16, 2006

Montmartre -> Portland

Syrinxx posted:

Allow me to be the first to say gently caress all this cloud bullshit

this right here

• Locked thread