Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rigeek
Jun 12, 2006
@kin: I like the first one, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rigeek
Jun 12, 2006

kefkafloyd posted:

First, hey rigeek, good to see you. ;)

Ditto! I've been following along in here, but haven't posted much. Great tutorial for sure .. thanks for taking the time to posting it.

rigeek
Jun 12, 2006

Zoowick posted:

I made a tutorial today, some of you might be interested in it.

Straight out of camera.

After processing

How to video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5V1h0u5Dow0

Dude, awesome, please please keep these coming!!

rigeek
Jun 12, 2006

Zoowick posted:

I've noticed on tutorials that I've watched even if I hate the final outcome there is usually some cool information or a little trick I pick up that makes the tutorial worth it to me.

For what it's worth, I feel the tutorials are very useful - Not all of us are PS wizards, and this really helps to see how it's done.

rigeek
Jun 12, 2006

A5H posted:

I'd like to thank all you guys for writing this stuff up. I've been reading it for the past few days and the amount of stuff I've learned is absolutely mind boggling. I know I will not remember hardly any of it, so I will definitely keep coming back to a lot of the tuts, and I still don't understand colour profiles haha!
I just bought lightroom too because you guys make it look and sound like an excellent tool to go along side photoshop! I look forward to trying to learn it, do you guys have any places to start with it? Or just play around and see what happens?

This.

And for all the Zoowick haters, gently caress off. The guy is taking time out of his busy schedule to try to help everyone here, and all you do is poo poo on him. If you don't like the tutorials he posts, nobody forces you to watch them, GTFO.

rigeek
Jun 12, 2006
It's easy to over-use the Topaz / Lucis filters .. but when a properly lighted photo is processed with one of them correctly, the end result is usually pretty good, Dave Hill or not. I'll be the first to admit sometimes stuff looks over-the-top, but bottom line is, and I'm sure Zoowick will back me up here, that's what certain types of clients want these days .. they want over-the-top, larger-than-life type photos. Bands, HS seniors, etc. Gotta give 'em what they want!

Now not to derail, a question .. been doing Google searches with not much luck .. where to find some good textures for Photoshop? Inspired by Zoo's latest tutorials, never really thought of using textures and overlays in processing, but I have a few shots it would work well with .. don't mind paying for them if reasonable but free would be better.. anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rigeek
Jun 12, 2006

Shannow posted:

I used to use http://www.sxc.hu/ , tend to just shoot/scan my own these days though, though I seldom use such things at all anymore.
If i was more organised, I'd have folder with all the stuff i specifically shot with the purpose of using as textures somewhere.

It never dawned on me to shoot / make my own .. I just figured there were tons of them freely available out there.. which I'm sure there are, but I guess you've got a good point, I'll have to keep an eye next time I'm out shooting for shots just to use as textures.

• Locked thread