Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sativa dreams
Nov 28, 2006
i'm really an '03, i swear

GranoblasticMan posted:

I've been running out of music to listen to lately. I'm a metal/progressive fan, and with the softer bands like Muse I prefer their heavier sound ("Stockholme Syndrome" for example), Dream Theater ("Panic Attack/Constant Motion/Never Enough"). Something that has a more technical sound to it for lack of a better word. The vocalists in both examples are kinda soft, but a harder singer wouldn't turn me off from suggestions. Any good bands the thread could recommend?

While I'm at it, I've found the songs from Dethklok's Dethalbums to be amazingly good, even when Small's trying to be more serious in the second album. Any... whatever the hell the group's classified as that could be suggested?

Try these if you haven't already:

Symphony X - Paradise Lost & The Odyssey
Riverside - Second Life Syndrome & Anno High Definition
Pain of Salvation - Perfect Element & Remedy Lane
Into Eternity - Buried In Oblivion
And of course, any Opeth really. Except maybe Damnation and Deliverance (although Damnation is good in its own right)

sativa dreams fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Nov 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU