Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

Duckforce Alpha posted:

Unkle?
Go pick up Psyence Fiction.

Anyone have anything to reccommend in the vein of Peter Broderick and Max Richter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
I'd love to hear songs in the same vein as Underworld's "Ess Gee".

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

etard knievel posted:

well that song is basically just an electric piano solo which i'm sure there are a billion of but some stuff that has a similar vibe is Boards of Canada, Brian Eno, The Orb and The KLF, maybe Ulrich Schnauss
yes I already have all those artists I meant electric piano solos like that one specifically

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

Zorodius posted:

Looking for some good instrumental music that isn't too "happy" and conveys a lot of emotion. I really like Philip Glass and NIN's Ghosts, for instance. Post-rock isn't really what I have in mind here. Any suggestions along those lines?
This might actually be a terrible recommendation but have you tried Max Richter?

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007

KirbySSB posted:

I'm looking for more stuff that is sort of like Zero 7, Sia, Air, Bitter:Sweet, Rogue Traders. Downtempo / trip-hop / fashion pop???? I know it's not all exactly in the same genre but I'm trying to get that general feel.
Some of Cut Chemist's work might be up your alley.

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
I really enjoyed Matthew Robert Cooper's "Miniatures" even though I'm not such a big fan of his stuff as Eluvium. What are some other albums in that vein?

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
What are some prepared piano pieces along the lines of what Aphex Twin does in "drukqs"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
I really liked the soundtrack to the PC game Uplink, which was supposedly all demoscene tracks. Where do I go from there?