Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007
Recommend me grunge. Any grunge. I don't mind if it's your local grogged up band that played 3 shows down at Shooters in '94 (as long as I can reasonably get a hold of the music, that is).

Bonus if you give opinions about the style of the band, their best albums, what to avoid, etc. Comparisons are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally Sprodgkin
May 23, 2007

Strange Cares posted:

I got into Warren Zevon recently and I've pretty quickly gotten through most of his discography. Is there anyone else that blended weird, kind of literary lyrics with that sort of honkey-tonk, layered instrumentation you can dance to?

Also, been dipping my toes into some 1970-1980 Japanese jazz fusion stuff like Ryuichi Sakamoto, Kazumi Watanabe and Shigeharu Mukai. What else is out there? Who should I check out?

Give 3D Country by Geese a go. It’s a 2023 album but the singer gives huge Zevon vibes. Great album