Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
Bored at work, need some more noisy punk/electronics stuff like Brainiac, Melt Banana, Six Finger Satellite, Adult, the Units etc. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
What's some more weirdo creepy dub like the early Pole stuff?

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

Ras Het posted:

"Creepy dub" = Rhythm & Sound! Particularly the instrumental records.

Thanks! I been jamming 'versions' all day, so amazing.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I'm a total scrub when it comes to anything metal related but lately I've been wanting to hear some really evil, unsettling music, and I'm betting there's black metal stuff out there I would really like. I like the more ambient-style stuff I've heard, ideally what I'm lookin for would sound like a mix of xasthur, sunn o))), lustmord, and I don't know, boards of canada maybe? Thanks!

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
What's some more good non-cheesy-but-still-epic drone metal like Jesu, Nadja, Boris' 'Farewell' etc etc etc?

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity

slowdave posted:

The Goslings if you can handle 'em

Yesss this rules thanks.

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I love everything Vatican Shadow's put out and there's a ton of dark electronic stuff out there (heard Silent Servant, Haxan Cloak, Raime, etc etc) but nothing that's as beat-driven and eerie...both in the music itself and the presentation. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bog savant
Mar 15, 2008

unending immaturity
I don't know anything about metal but I'm listening to the new Sigh album and its awesome, what are some other fast black-or-otherwise metal bands with really prominent melodies over all the sludge? Also really like the keyboards and electronics in the mix too, any more of that? The only Devin Townsend thing I like is Physicist if that gives you any ideas. Thanks!