Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ARE THOSE MY SPERMS
Sep 22, 2008

:f5h::allears::fh:
Loves You
So I need some music. I'm into many types of music, but my favorite has to be Indie/Folk, such as the following;

-Sufjan Stevens
-Neutral Milk Hotel
-Iron and Wine
-Fleet Foxes
-Andrew Bird
-Wolf Parade

Could I get some bands/artists that are similar to these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARE THOSE MY SPERMS
Sep 22, 2008

Loves You
I'm on a huge Beirut/Realpeople kick right now. Anyone got some stuff that's similar???

ARE THOSE MY SPERMS
Sep 22, 2008

Loves You

Zorodius posted:

havent heard Realpeople but for similar to Beirut try Devotchka, The Decemberists and Yeasayer. Maybe also Rufus Wainwright, Man Man and Gogol Bordello.

Realpeople is just the Beirut guy's Electronic side project. He just did a double release of Beirut and Realpeople called March of the Zapotec/Holland. March of the Zapotec being a Beirut release and Holland being a Realpeople release.

ARE THOSE MY SPERMS
Sep 22, 2008

Loves You

etard knievel posted:

havent heard Realpeople but for similar to Beirut try Devotchka, The Decemberists and Yeasayer. Maybe also Rufus Wainwright, Man Man and Gogol Bordello.

I'm liking devotchka and Man Man. Not sure I'm a fan of the way Yeasayer's music sounds... like, how the production values are.

Anybody have anything else?

ARE THOSE MY SPERMS
Sep 22, 2008

Loves You
I want some upbeat somewhat electric indie, that are similar to any of these bands:

Foster the People
Vampire Weekend
MGMT (such as the songs, Kids, Time to Pretend, or Electric Feel)
Passion Pit

don't be afraid to name whatever band, even if chances are very high that I've heard of them before... I've been without music for two years so chances are that I've forgotten bands or haven't heard of some band that was huge for a while in that time. thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARE THOSE MY SPERMS
Sep 22, 2008

Loves You

Davincie posted:

Is Tropical
Architecture In Helsinki (If you can stand twee-ish stuff)
Reptar maybe?
FM Belfast
Holy Ghost is somewhat more DJ like but still upbeat and electronic.
Imagine Dragons
Metronomy's newest album

These are a bit around the spectrum of indie electronic stuff, should be at least something in here that you like.

Hey! Imagine Dragons... i used to go to their shows when they had a female violinist and some other guy playing guitar... good stuff. I liked metronomy and is tropical.. thank you! (i also found m83 while looking at youtube videos? Sounds like they were big for awhile..)