Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunshinebusride
Jan 11, 2009
Hey y'all - i'm looking really specifically for what i'd probably best describe as 'smooth hipster indie with folk and/or electronica influence' - and the best examples i have would be on this playlist:

Sea Wolf – You're a Wolf
Yeasayer – 2080
The Sea and Cake – Weekend
Animal Collective – My Girls
Frightened Rabbit – I Feel Better
BSS Presents Brendan Canning - Hit The Wall
School of Seven Bells – Iamundernodisguise
Tortoise – TNT
Plants and Animals – Feedback in the Field

really, i'm intrigued by the 'scene' that this stuff comes out of (although i'm aware its not a geographic scene) - this effortlessly cool indie pop has really got me wanting more! anyone got some tracks/albums for me to listen to?

hope you guys can help me, as so far my normal ports of call are failing me. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sunshinebusride
Jan 11, 2009

Bean_ posted:

Eric Prydz - Call on Me:

great song.

there's one by a band called "Stardust" called "The Music Sounds Better With You" which isn't as epic, but is from a similar era and is also amazingly dance-catchy

sunshinebusride
Jan 11, 2009

Owen posted:

Some bands: Ruby Suns, Grizzly Bear, Deerhunter, Fleet Foxes, Beach House, Women, Department of Eagles, Panda Bear, Bon Iver, Caribou/Manitoba, High Places...

OR I could recommend Pitchfork.

hey thanks - i've actually played support to the Ruby Suns when they came through my town. :) I've added Women, Department of Eagles, and High Places to my rotation.

Anyways, more suggestions would be very welcome.