Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
I really like the sound of Russian in song, but the only thing I've listened to (and what hooked me in the first place) has been traditional stuff - Katyusha, Kalinka, Ochi Cernye, etc. This might have skewed my tastes toward the orchestral/vocal, but I'd like to see what else is out there. The only other example I've heard a little of is Kraski, which pushes the limits of my tolerance of synthy production, and while her beats tends to be too bubbly for me I like her voice and the cadence.

Can anyone tell me what's hot on the Russian scene these days, or maybe a few of your favorites, if only to give me some more reference points? I can read the alphabet okay, so band/song names in Cyrillic are fine, but if I need to go much deeper than that I'll probably be lost.

edit - It might help to clarify my tastes a little, though they're pretty broad: I like classic rock from ACDC to ZZ Top, especially the softer or more melodic stuff like Rolling Stones and Jethro Tull (probably my favorite band). The goofier varieties of metal are a guilty pleasure (Iron Maiden, Rhapsody, Dragonforce), but the harder grindy-screamy stuff turns me off. I am ignorant of hip-hop but I guess I'm open to it :shobon:

Epoxy Bulletin fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Feb 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU