Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Blast Fantasto posted:

What are some other good bands/artists like Public Image Ltd? Early post-punk I guess.

Edit: Oh and the more nihilistic the better. And I already love Joy Division, forgot to mention that.

If you want nihilism, I don't think there's a bigger concentration of dirges than Sleep No More by The Comsat Angels. Later works are for fans only, and typical attempts to become radio/tv friendly.

Second the Pere Ubu suggestion--try Ray Gun Suitcase, which splits the difference accessibility and noise. Accessible noise, I guess. Give it time.

If you do end up liking G4's barbed wire guitar sound, I recall this being borrowed to good effect on The Slab by Hunters and Collectors. A bit less serious, though. Shame no one's returned the favor and stolen that bass line.

Happy hunting. And collecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Franchescanado posted:

The Bonzo Dog Band...They're weird, all over the place...
I was watching Magical Mystery Tour a few months ago, which has oddly become more watchable over time, and these guys show up in one scene. I remembered them from the credits on Elton John's Honky Chateau. However, I was not prepared for them to sing a song called Death Cab For Cutie..