Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'd love if someone could recommend me something in the style of Air's "Moon Safari" album. Very soulful, downtempo, almost chillout electronic.

All the aggregator suggestions don't really seem to "hit" the same feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Definitely a big Portishead fan so I already delve into trip-hop, I think the thing about Air is that they have a quiet pop-ish sound to their downtempo stuff. It's so maddeningly hard to articulate what makes Air "Air" other than that. They're very French :haw: Other than that they seem to be the perfect mix of lounge, downtempo, ambient, and electronic.

Thanks for the suggestions, definitely checking some of those out. I've been meaning to check out Morcheeba for some time now so I think I will :)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

eithedog posted:

Tycho.

This hit the spot, as did a few of the others, thanks very much! Going to look into more of their material :)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

OK one more question.

Something similar to the Solaris soundtrack. Very ethereal, orchestral, ambient. Slightly electronic. Very sleepy. This soundtrack was basically perfect for imagining myself floating in space serenely with just a slight undertone of tension. Definitely no vocals necessary or even wanted.

An example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Qw9ANrbIg

Anything off the top of anyone's head? I'm not even sure where to begin looking for a genre on this one. It's not ambient in the electronic sense, it's not chillout, not lounge.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 29, 2011

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Delivered in spades, thanks! My wishlist grows every day.