Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003
Well, I'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to post this but it seemed the most reasonable. I don't know how many of you will be interested in this, but I stumbled upon it accidentally.

I was trying to locate the theme used for Jack Sparrow in the movie "Pirates of the Caribbean" (the original), so I pulled up Amazon's soundtrack page and found the list of titles. I go here frequently when I hear a piece of music I like and want to preview it so I can make note to purchase it at a later point.

Here was the page. (Unfortunately I could not locate the Jack Sparrow theme):

http://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Caribbean-Curse-Black-Pearl/dp/B0000A1RJI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1235601843&sr=1-2

Not to be completely dissuaded, I pulled up the soundtrack for the sequel. There I found a similar theme, but not quite the one as played in the original film.

http://www.amazon.com/Pirates-Caribbean-Dead-Mans-Chest/dp/B000FTCF2M/ref=pd_bxgy_m_img_b

...So I started dicking around and clicking on random pieces from Soundtrack 2 and then Soundtrack 1. Surprisingly, I found in almost every case (but with one or two exceptions), when you overlay the tracks at random from Soundtrack 1 to Soundtrack 2, it produces some really good and interesting sounds. I guess this is what you get for having similar theme music, but it's pretty cool. So try it out. Open up page 1 and click on one track, then go to page 2 and click on another random track (at any point), and you will see they merge quite nicely and give you new pieces.

Mannequin fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Feb 25, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU