Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I am trying to find some Francophone music that is nice and kind of mellow. An example would be Carla Bruni maybe mixed with the Amelie soundtrack. Thats a bad description, but essentially something light, maybe some accordion, and a nice smooth voice or voices singing in French. I tried using lastFM to find similar artists but the results returned were all anglophone.

My purpose is two fold: Firstly, I want some nice background music that I can write papers to without distracting me because I can't understand the language. Second, I will be taking up French soon and it would be nice to have something that, when I am ready, I can start to pick out words from in a language I will be learning. Anyone have some artists I should be on the look out for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Thanks for the two French recommendations, I checked them both out and they are pretty close to what I am looking for.