Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Looking through my library, I realize my punk selection is 90% pop-punk and classic punk. What are some of good punk albums that came out in the past 10, 20 years?

I dont know much about punk but Against Me!, Reinventing Axl Rose and The Acoustic EP are really, really good.

Can anyone recommend me anything like System of a Down? I don't think their related artists on Last.fm fit very well other than the fact that all those bands got popular in the same timeframe. I also like Tankian's solo stuff, but I am scared to check out Scars On Broadway based on They Say, if that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

RotationSurgeon posted:

I love Baroness, and am really excited about the new album they are releasing in October. What do you guys have for me? A personal favorite song of mine is Teeth of a Cogwheel.

Mastodon is a probably a safe bet. Especially their latest album Crack the Skye, but all their albums are solid.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

I've asked this before and got no response, but I will try again. Does anyone know of anything similar to System of A Down? The similar artists on last.fm aren't at all similar besides they were popular in the same era. Serj Tankian's solo stuff is also good, but again the last.fm recommendations are just more SOAD side projects or crap that isn't similar at all. I've also listened to Serart and enjoyed it quite a bit.

The political lyrics aren't really what I'm looking for, it's mostly the wide range of vocal styles and frantic start stop nature of the songs. After thinking about why I like System and Serj I think of the same reasons I like Mr. Bungle and Mike Patton. If that helps at all.