Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Beerios
May 9, 2006

by T. Mascis
honestly, i'm surprised conservapedia doesn't have more kjv-only nutjobs
1611 nevar forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerios
May 9, 2006

by T. Mascis

Digiwizzard posted:

ahaahaha holy poo poo they're trying to reverse "thou shalt not kill"

to be fair, i thought "thou shalt not murder" really was a more accurate translation of the hebrew, especially considering that the very next chapter of exodus is mostly about the various circumstances in which the death penalty should be used

Beerios
May 9, 2006

by T. Mascis

mtwieg posted:

okay which one of you did this

is that from somewhere on rationalwiki? because i know that first link is the exact title of an article they have up there. also, they're a pretty good source in general to check out the best of the utter insanity that is conservapedia:
http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Category:Conservapedia

Beerios
May 9, 2006

by T. Mascis

mtwieg posted:

yeah it's the second link in da OP
http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Conservapedia:Bible_rewriting_project

whoops, somehow missed that. i think my brain just started to shut down after reading the conservapedia page and i didn't really notice the rest of the op

Beerios
May 9, 2006

by T. Mascis

VideoTapir posted:

It's a way out, and they at least attempt to undo some of the damage of bad parenting.

also, if they show up to basic training broken and ready to obey anything, the army's got half its job done for it already, so it's really a win-win situation