Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M4dM0nk
Aug 18, 2000
Forum Veteran
My experience: 11 years in MIS. Mainly MS environments with supplemental *nix. Extensive AD and Exchange knowledge (clusters, redundancy, 24/7 environments). Way too much SOA experience via Salesforce and other SaaS products. Considerable knowledge of RDBMS including MS-SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL. Non-Web C#/.NET development (Integration and automation support)
What I'm looking for: A chance to make a difference at a company I respect. I value automation and creating efficiency; It's a beneficial business quirk. I also haven't worked with a goon in a few years, and that would be neat.
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything mundane or monotonous.
Where I live: RTP, NC.
Where I'm looking: Yeah, gonna be here for a while.
When I can start: Employed and mostly happy, but motivated.
Requirements: Widely varied. Money is no longer a #1 concern to me.
Can be reached via: m4dm0nk at yahoo dot com, this it my supa sekrit addr plz. only 4 biznes cntct ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar posted:

Who we are: SironaHealth, Inc.
Job Title: System Engineer II
Job Posting (Apply here): http://www.jobsinme.com/seek/resultdetail.aspx?jobnum=485553

this has been filled. thx

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
~

Wells fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 8, 2015

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My experience: 5+ years QA for various software developers, 2-3 years IT support for (<50ish users) offices working with co-located linux dns/firewall/web servers and in-office windows based database/exchange/domain/VOIP servers.
Employment Status: Currently doing freelance support on a contractual basis.
What I'm looking for: Preferably a job with a small company with room for advancement and some cool yet professional people.
What I'm NOT looking for: Entry level help desk
Where I live: Los Angeles, California (possibly willing to relocate)
Where I'm looking: Southern California, Los Angeles metro area if possible
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: N/A
Can be reached via: AIM, Email, PM

Daemonus
Jun 23, 2005

So far, so good...
My experience: 7+ years as system/network admin (150ish users, dozen servers, multiple sites (one in china). 2 years projects/consulting services tech firm. 2 years helpdesk/network support.

What I'm looking for:: A job performing IT-related tasks. I don't have any problems wearing more than one hat. I enjoy multitasking and being exposed to new things. I love to teach and to be taught.

What I'm NOT looking for: Unemployment- already have plenty of that.

Where I live: East of Cincinnati, Ohio area.

Where I'm looking: Potentially anywhere in the US/Canada.

When I can start: Immediately.

Requirements: Stability, room for growth. Goals. Good people. I like making a difference or contributing to a greater cause, such as hospitals, crisis centers, non-profits (Donated a lot of time/resources over the years).

Can be reached via: This thread, PM, daemonus at gmail dot com

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Next to almost everyone in this thread, I'm going to look like a complete runt.

My experience: 1 1/2yrs IT Tech Support (telephone, email, internet), 6 months IT Tech Support (on site) - total 2 years general tech support, but I've been toying with computers my whole life.
What I'm looking for: With this economy, pretty much anything.
What I'm NOT looking for:
Where I live: Montreal, QC
Where I'm looking: Montreal Metropolitan or South Shore area (somewhere relatively close to a metro preferred). Wouldn't mind working over the Internet either.
When I can start: When do you want me?
Requirements:

This is probably going to be a major deal breaker, but I would prefer not to have to speak too much French as my French sucks. My only real exception for this would be if it's an internal IT job (I prefer speaking French face-to-face with people while I learn, not over the phone).

A job that encourages learning, and not afraid of teaching me new things. While not really technologically as knowledged as some people in this thread, I am a very fast learner when it comes to computers.

Can be reached via: This thread, PM, migishu [at] gmail

Yeah, not expecting anything, but worth a shot.

Pantology
Jan 16, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Can't hurt, right?

My experience: Nine years of enterprise IT operations experience doing server stuff, the last three and a half focused on VMware. Proposed, designed, and deployed a 40-host, 500 VM VI3.5 environment spanning six domestic and three international sites.
What I'm looking for: A consulting, pre- or post-sales gig focusing on virtualization
What I'm NOT looking for: Another enterprise operations role. Would consider smaller organizations.
Where I live: Chicago, IL
Where I'm looking: Chicago, IL. Willing to travel excessively or telecommute, but need to be based in Chicago.
When I can start: Two weeks after an offer letter is signed.
Requirements: Negotiable
Can be reached via: Here or PM

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

d3rt posted:

My department is looking for a Snr. server admin - https://corporate-perquest.icims.com/jobs/3994/job

We're a small team but we're a cool bunch (not goony) and the Director of IT is a nice guy.

Downtown Oakland, CA

Our prime candidate fell through so we're still looking. Something not mentioned in that advertisement is they're really interested in someone that is not only technical and happy to do all the technical stuff but also able to lead and fill in the Director's shoes when he is absent (vacation or at the remote hosted location). If you want to be a server dude but also be a leader then you might be our person.

BrotherNumsey
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
x

BrotherNumsey fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jan 7, 2020

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Edit : Got a job - Thank you thread :)

Same Great Paste fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Aug 21, 2009

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My experience: BS in Computer Science, 1 year of professional experience writing applications with PHP, Javascript, SOAP, et cetera. Been running Linux on my desktop for about 8 years, so I'm no stranger to that, either
What I'm looking for: Developing software, probably web applications, preferably with a team.
What I'm NOT looking for: Web design. I'm not an artist!
Where I live: Mesa, AZ
Where I'm looking: Anywhere around Phoenix
When I can start: Immediately
Requirements: Health insurance
Can be reached via: PM, royallthefourth@gmail.com

demonhalo
Feb 10, 2005
wtf
Software Developer III

What we do:

Associa is the nation’s undisputed leader in community association management. Serving nearly three million members in associations across the United States, Associa is proud to represent our clients with a personal and professional touch, while providing the strength and resources of a national company.

We need someone who can and will:

• Be an expert in Microsoft programming technologies
• Own the technology side of a complete web-based application
• Be hands-on doing application design and development primarily focused on a single application
• Work directly with the management staff, developers and testers, architects, and SMEs
• Decide and justify both strategic and tactical software design and development decisions, and implement those decisions in a timely manner
• Know and implement software development best practices in a high-production environment
• Work both smart and hard, and will think creatively and produce diligently
• Bring as much to our team as it brings to you
• Work in an Agile development environment
• Have expertise designing and building multi-tiered web-based applications

A Software Developer III is:

The Lead’s role is to design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Lead will also oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required. Software Developer III will also mentor junior Developers and provide support and guidance where necessary.

We will be looking for someone who has:

• Superior communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Hard-working and diligent
• Attention to detail
• Ability and experience working in a “Microsoft shop” with Microsoft technologies
• 8+ years developing multi-tier web applications
• Ability to lead the technical direction for a single product line
• Strong foundation in technology-neutral programming concepts
• Experience/ability to mentor junior developers
• Master of the following technologies:
o ASP.NET 2.0+
o C# 2.0+ (3.0+ preferred)
o JavaScript
o AJAX
o HTML/XML/XSLT/CSS/etc.
o Visual Studio 2005 and 2008
o SQL Server 2000, 2005, and knowledge of 2008
o Some use of Flash/Flex and/or Silverlight
o Bonus: experience with SharePoint
• In-depth knowledge of web security fundamentals
• Web Services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design and development
• Agile software development using Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques
• Application of Software Design Patterns in a production environment
• Microsoft (or other) certifications a plus (e.g. MCTS, MCPD)
• A 4+ year university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or computer engineering, or equivalent experience
• Bonus: experience writing ecommerce or ERP (CRM, Financial, etc.) systems a plus
• Be able to prove all of the above

You will want to work for us because:

• We use the best and most current technologies
• We use top-notch computers for our technology talent (including multi-core machines with 4GB RAM, RAID1 HDs, and dual widescreen monitors)
• We provide free sodas
• We have a flexible work environment
• We supply aggressive product goals and then provide the freedom to achieve them
• We have great benefits like medical, dental, vision, 401k, etc.
• We have a fast-paced and exciting work environment

The position is located in our corporate offices in Dallas, TX. This position reports directly to the software development manager at Associa.

Contact me via PM or send your resume to mha at associaonline dot com.
Please put first name/last name: Title of position in the subject line of your email.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

demonhalo posted:

The position is located in our corporate offices in Dallas, TX. This position reports directly to the software development manager at Associa.
Finally a job showing up in Dallas, and it's programming. Bummer for me :(

Ethangar
Oct 8, 2002

Positions at my company have been filled/closed, non-goon.

Sarcasmboy1
Nov 4, 2004
Awesome
My experience: I'm currently a consultant mostly doing web development as well as penetration testing. I have previously worked for a couple of years as a software engineer doing web development as well as working on process control systems. I also spent a 6 month co-op as a hardware engineer
What I'm looking for: A job that does not involve web development. I preferred the more challenging environment of system level programming.
What I'm NOT looking for: Web development
Where I live: Philadelphia, PA suburbs
Where I'm looking: Philadelphia, PA, suburbs(King of Prussia, New Jersey) or Northern Delaware
When I can start: Anytime, with the requisite two weeks notice
Requirements: Health insurance, full time (not contract or temporary)
Can be reached via: This thread, PM, Alexander.Rines@gmail.com

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0
Dec 23, 2002

by T. Butt
Thanks but I'm good now

BUSINESS CATTE 2.0 fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 1, 2009

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Looking to hire 3 people in the Indianapolis, IN area

Who we are: LightBound/IQuest, a local ISP/Telco.
Location: For this job, close to downtown Indianapolis about 2 blocks from the new stadium.
What we do: Colocation, Dedicated Internet Access, VoIP (we're an Indiana CLEC offering business services), and we're currently getting into managing other people's monitoring systems- which is the reason we're hiring on the new people.
When: Hiring immediately.

The position is for shift work, 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours on, 12 off. You'll be working with at least 1 other person (we already have 4 people working this rotation) + additional staff during daylight hours.

Requirements: Be familiar with how the Internet works, you don't need to know the nuts and bolts of BGP, OSPF, or the internals of the TCP or IP headers (although any and all of those are a plus), but at least be familiar with the difference between a router and a switch, TCP and UDP, and how many addresses there are on the internet- or at least have enough knowledge that you could figure it out if you sat down with a calculator. High school degree is fine, college degree not required as this is an entry level position.

If you're interested, submit a resume to jobs at lightbound.net
(I'm not directly involved in hiring, but if you have any other questions my AIM/ICQ are in my profile)

Plus you'll get to sit at our fancy new desk:

vvv There's two more monitors above the camera. Sadly the 6 on the lower tier are windows workstations so I couldn't make them turn on/off at will with my handy matrix.sh script.

ragzilla fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Aug 11, 2009

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Please tell me that is the Matrix screensaver running on all *counts* 16 monitors.

Wow.

brc64
Mar 21, 2008

I wear my sunglasses at night.

ragzilla posted:

Looking to hire 3 people in the Indianapolis, IN area

Who we are: LightBound/IQuest, a local ISP/Telco.
Location: For this job, close to downtown Indianapolis about 2 blocks from the new stadium.
What we do: Colocation, Dedicated Internet Access, VoIP (we're an Indiana CLEC offering business services), and we're currently getting into managing other people's monitoring systems- which is the reason we're hiring on the new people.
When: Hiring immediately.

The position is for shift work, 4 days on, 4 days off, 12 hours on, 12 off. You'll be working with at least 1 other person (we already have 4 people working this rotation) + additional staff during daylight hours.

Requirements: Be familiar with how the Internet works, you don't need to know the nuts and bolts of BGP, OSPF, or the internals of the TCP or IP headers (although any and all of those are a plus), but at least be familiar with the difference between a router and a switch, TCP and UDP, and how many addresses there are on the internet- or at least have enough knowledge that you could figure it out if you sat down with a calculator. High school degree is fine, college degree not required as this is an entry level position.

If you're interested, submit a resume to employment at lightbound.net
(I'm not directly involved in hiring, but if you have any other questions my AIM/ICQ are in my profile)

Plus you'll get to sit at our fancy new desk:

vvv There's two more monitors above the camera. Sadly the 6 on the lower tier are windows workstations so I couldn't make them turn on/off at will with my handy matrix.sh script.
That sounds all kinds of awesome, although the work is a little over my head and the shifts would probably drive me crazy after about a month. Still, Indy is an awesome city and this looks like a cool job to have there.

fiddledeedum
Jul 28, 2009
No longer available.

fiddledeedum fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 6, 2011

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

fiddledeedum posted:

Position: Senior Network Engineer

Who are we: Bioware/EA, specifically the Bioware Austin studio that is producing the MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic http://www.swtor.com

This would totally be a cool job that I would apply for if I wasn't already working at a great place that pays well. Good luck finding someone and with the project!

Namlemez
Jul 9, 2003
*Filled*

Namlemez fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 18, 2010

nebby
Dec 21, 2000
resident mog
Just a friendly reminder, we are still hiring for this position:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=358616239&forumid=22

Shoot me a PM if you're a great engineer looking to work in midtown Manhattan on some cool stuff with smart people!

take boat
Jul 8, 2006
boat: TAKEN

nebby posted:

Just a friendly reminder, we are still hiring for this position:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=358616239&forumid=22

Shoot me a PM if you're a great engineer looking to work in midtown Manhattan on some cool stuff with smart people!
Do you have an email for those without PM?

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=362932297&forumid=22

We're still hiring for all of these, as far as I'm aware.

The Systems Engineer listing is obviously a wish list, if you have some experience with Windows/IIS and don't have the personality of a rock, feel free to hit me up for more info.

carlcarlson
Jun 20, 2008

Maneki Neko posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=362932297&forumid=22

We're still hiring for all of these, as far as I'm aware.

The Systems Engineer listing is obviously a wish list, if you have some experience with Windows/IIS and don't have the personality of a rock, feel free to hit me up for more info.

do you have an e-mail address for us poor folk?

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Yeah. If you could give an E-mail address, I'd like to know more. I'm basically a Systems Administrator, how well would you say I'd be for this position? I want to become a Systems Engineer down the road, but some of these requirements are just insane. To the point of actually wanting Electrical Engineers only.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

If someone doesn't have PM, feel free to shoot me an email to vedichymn at gmail.com and we can go from there.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
I'll throw down. I may lack experience, but I am a quick learner.

My experience: B.A. Computer Science with a focus on Mathematics IT/Helpdesk ~2 years. Also some database work. I am going to start developing apps for the iphone/ipod on the side if anyone is hiring for that. Also I have no problems getting a security clearance.
Why I'm looking: Because I am currently working as a lifeguard despite going to a D-1 college. And I need something to do to add to my resume while I start my own business.
What I'm looking for: Temporary work that is full time and may or may not involve traveling. From two months up to a year.
What I'm NOT looking for: Full time where I have to sign on for more than a year.
Where I live: Central New Jersey
Where I'm looking: Central/Northern NYC or Philly, or Rockland County NY, willing to move.
When I can start: 1 September
Requirements: Medical/Dental
Can be reached via: email jdbeddoe@gmail.com

Dragyn
Jan 23, 2007

Please Sam, don't use the word 'acumen' again.
Doesn't hurt to look I suppose.

My experience: AS in Multimedia, A+, Net+, MOUS Certified for Word and Excel. Three year Geek Squad veteran (so a lot of experience with desktop support), about 2 years supporting medical information systems interfaces. (HL7) Excellent soft skills and professional communication experience.
What I'm looking for: Full Time, reasonably close (can't relocate), entry IT position, preferably in networking or desktop support. I'm not above being a computer janitor or technology training staff.
What I'm NOT looking for: Part-time
Where I live: N Dartmouth, MA
Where I'm looking: Southcoast of MA, Areas south of Boston (Fall River)
When I can start: A few weeks notice
Can be reached via: PM, AIM: AMovScriptEnding, or AETrahan@gmail.com

Dragyn fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 31, 2009

Armageddon
May 20, 2001
Who we are: EnvisionWare, Inc. (Library Self-Service software company)
Where we are: Position open for Northern California (Sacramento/San Fran-ish area). Atlanta/Duluth is where headquarters is located, so this is a remote position.
Job title: Field Engineer / Implementation Consultant

What we want: Someone with library experience is a plus. Must be hard-working, dedicated, and a quick learner. General information systems and networking knowledge is a must. Candidates with an associates or bachelor degree would probably be acceptable, or some sort of equivalent work experience. This job will entail installing and supporting many of our customers in Northern California in the areas of RFID and automated materials handling, and probably the whole scope of EnvisionWare's self-service software (PC management, print management, etc). (Local) project management of large installations are a major component of this position. Expect to be installing a good bit of hardware as well. This position is similar to my own. I have a BA in MIS and had several years of experience working in Library Circulation previously.

Why you'd want to work here: This is a fun growing small company with a dedication to customer service and outstanding products. Employees are empowered with responsilbity to make decisions on their own. If you have a strong work ethic and are interested in this field of work, I would recommend this position. The company has many remote employees (inclduing myself). Check out the website for more details, it is a great company to work for.

Salary: No comment but this is similar to my own job, and its not bad for a first job out of college. Then again, N. CA is an expensive area to live, so I guess its relative.

If you're interested, see http://www.envisionware.com/en/jobs

There are also listings for job openings in Duluth, GA. Library experience would be great to have for these positions as well, but it is not required by any means.

-Documentation and Training Specialist
-QA/Software Technician
-Software Developers

Armageddon fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Aug 1, 2009

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Migishu posted:

Next to almost everyone in this thread, I'm going to look like a complete runt.

Your situation is pretty much exactly mine, I'm using your post as a basis for mine.

My experience:

1 yr support - maintaining a computer lab so there was a lot of application troubleshooting particularly with Office 2007
1 yr IT Tech Support - maintaining/backing up/creating/troubleshooting Win2k/Win2k3/Debian/Red Hat/Ubuntu servers, troubleshooting all sorts of PC/peripheral issues, 6 months of helpdesk experience dealing primarily with Vista networking and applications

I know Windows (since 95) like the back of my hand. I also consider myself a pro at technical writing, and since I love doing it, I write little manuals at every opportunity at my current job. I speak English natively, Spanish to an advanced degree, and Norwegian fairly well.

What I'm looking for: I am open.
What I'm NOT looking for: N/A
Where I live: Philadelphia
Where I'm looking: Outside of the US, but will accept moving someplace in the US far far away from Philadelphia.
When I can start: Whenever.
Requirements:

I would like to work for an employer that would pay me in currency. This isn't required, but I'd also like a boss that encourages learning new things. My current boss lets me play around with the software and hardware that we have, and I generally learn at least one new thing a day. I love my job, but I can not stay in this miserable city or I will end up killing myself.

Can be reached via: This thread, PM, ursulaparson [at] yahoo, AIM in profile, a_n_a_r_c_h_y_1234567 [at] hotmail

Poops McGee
Aug 27, 2004

Boy, this Funke is all anybody's ever talking about!

Poops McGee fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 21, 2010

spacejivecat
Oct 21, 2008
The company that I work for has 4 positions open for senior software developers.

Who we are: A financial trading and risk management software company.

Where we are: Nassau, Long Island, NY. Not a long trip from the city or Suffolk. We're only looking for locals or people who are moving here anyway.

Job title: Senior Software Developer.
Description: You’ll be working in a small group, ~15 people, and developing new enhancements to the system. You’ll be writing code to do with trading and scheduling of commodities.

What we want: Experienced senior software developers proficient in C. This is really important. We get a lot of schmucks with 10 years experience that come in for an interview and bomb the C test. You should have good written and verbal communication skills, but that's a given for any job. A good personality will seal the deal if you're a good developer. We don’t need any regular developers or juniors right now.

Why you'd want to work here: This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the financial industry. I’ve seen a lot of jobs at big banks say that financial industry experience is a must. You’ll probably make more to start here and once you have the experience it will be easier to get a higher paying job elsewhere since there is a smaller pool of people with the knowledge that you’ll gain. It’s a very laid back atmosphere, no dress code or anything like that. The manager that you’ll be working for is very cool; no micromanagement whatsoever. This job pays very well, there’s a sizable bonus, and it’s pretty fun.

Contact me via the email in my profile if you're interested.

spacejivecat fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 5, 2009

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Just finished a brush-up "IT Fast Track" program at my local community college, where I received training for A+, Network+ and MCP. I obtained my Net+ last week and am now studying for the MCP. The A+ can wait - I'll get it if my job requires it.

I am a quick learner and extremely dedicated worker. I have an unsolicited letter of recommendation from my previous employer.

My experience: Well, none. I worked in the freight industry for the past 6 years holding various positions - mostly dispatch and operations. I've always been my family's token "computer guy" as well as tech support for the majority of my friends. In my recent program we worked extensively with Microsoft Office 2003. I also have a very good understanding of all other versions of Windows.
What I'm looking for: A job to get my foot in the IT door. I'm confident that once that happens I've got nowhere to go but up.
What I'm NOT looking for: Given the current state of things, I'm open to most positions. See above.
Where I live: Elyria, OH (15 miles west of Cleveland).
Where I'm looking: Greater Cleveland area. While it'd be nice to work in or near Elyria, I am realistic and have no problem with a commute.
When I can start: Immediately. I quit my job in freight in February with the specific intention of going into IT after my schooling.
Can be reached via: speedtek@gmail.com. I also have a profile on Monster with more specifics of my past employment.

speedtek fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 5, 2009

60 Megabyte File
Nov 1, 2007
My experience: 2 Years of desktop support/server administration in two very large local companies managing 1000+ global employees and 40+ inhouse employees respectably. Very comfortable on all levels including OS Support/Troubleshooting, Software Support/Troubleshooting, Hardware Support/Troubleshooting, AD/Exchange integration, with everything in between and ready to grow. For specifics please see my resume.
What I'm looking for: Desktop Support/Onsite Tech Support.
What I'm NOT looking for: Very little.
Where I live: Mullica Hill, NJ
Where I'm looking: Philadelphia/South Jersey region. Willing to have a decent commute to work.
When I can start: Immediately.
Requirements: Very flexible with this.
Can be reached via: Email (preferred): Megabyte@destinationmegabyte.com

Please contact me for a much larger detailed resume.

60 Megabyte File fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 6, 2009

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn

Maneki Neko posted:

If someone doesn't have PM, feel free to shoot me an email to vedichymn at gmail.com and we can go from there.
E-mail sent!

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
My experience: 10 years development, 5 years PHP + MySQL + Linux administration
What I'm looking for: A job, high quality OO PHP/MySQL, am willing to learn frameworks/programs/etc. I'll take on a junior Linux admin job too if that's what you have; I'm not quite confident being the #1. Part-time is fine, full-time is better. Contract or salary.
What I'm NOT looking for: Anything not involving programming or administration or anything like that. I had someone call me, after finding my resume, to ask if I wanted to do door-to-door insurance sales.
Where I live: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Where I'm looking: Eastern Iowa (Des Moines is the absolute western limit), OR telecommuting. I cannot move at this time, but I'm willing to travel. I can't work on site in Chicago but I'm willing to drive out there every couple of weeks if necessary, for example.
When I can start: Now.
Requirements: Market pay; health insurance if not contract, enough money to afford health insurance if contract. I'll take less money for a telecommute job, need more money for a non-telecommute job further than 50 miles from Cedar Rapids.
Can be reached via: PM, AIM in profile

Golbez fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 8, 2009

Avagar
Dec 5, 2005

Uncle Sam is Pissed. Probably because of something you did.
Are you an Pro-Am IT guy looking for some real-world experience?

I'm looking to hire an IT intern/assistant/apprentice in the fall.

Who we are: Ala Carte Entertainment - http://www.aceplaces.com Don't apply online, just contact me at my email below

Location: Corporate Office in Schaumburg, IL, about 28 other locations spread from Downtown Chicago to Fox Lake/McHenry

What we do: Food, Booze, and Fun, and lots of it. We own and operate over 28 nightclubs, bars and restaurants in the Chicagoland area, and we're expanding every year. We do almost everything in-house: IT, Advertising, Marketing, PR, Construction, Video Production, DJs, you name it.

The Position: Assist me, the IT Director, with keeping the digital end of this show on the road. We have over 250 computers, 40 printers, a dozen servers, and a vast network of encrypted tunnels linking each location. Hours are flexible.

The IT department is well, just me, and I can't be everywhere at once, and I need some help making sure nothing falls through the cracks. You won't get bored, as something new is always happening and there are new fires to put out every day, sometimes literally.

NOTE: As this starts out as in internship, the pay is low, comically low, but we can work out mileage reimbursement, and you'll get more practical training than you ever thought you could. And if you prove yourself useful/indespensible, the position could become permanent, with real hourly pay.

Requirements:

- A car would be really helpful. It's not an absolute requirement, but it adds a ton of points in your favor if you do.

- The ability to give helpful, friendly tech support to complete idiots over the phone and in person, and never seem like a spergin' jackass, even if you are. (We only have a couple idiots, most are reasonably good with PCs, but good manners and frustration management are important)

- The ability to come up with inventive solutions to problems. This is not a company that solves it's IT problems by mindlessly throwing piles of money at it. I wish we were, but there is a lot of pushing systems and existing tech to it's limit here. I need MacGyver types, who can see the difference between a cheap fix and a half-assed solution, and when to go with either.

- Be a pro-am IT guy. Are you the guy that your friends come to when they have screwed up your PCs? Wanna make some money off of all that grief? And you don't have all those fancy-pants certifications? Screw it, you don't need 'em right now. We can't afford another fully trained/licensed tech anyway, but we can teach you a ton through real-life problem-solving and research!

- We have a 15-20% Mac population in our company. You will have to deal with them. If you're not into Macs, and are a PC fanboy, move on. Same goes for only-Mac people. I have no time to deal with OS fanboy bullshit.

Knowledge of the following:

Basic tech support for PCs AND Macs. Know Windows XP and Mac OS X.

Know a little about Windows servers.

HTML/PHP/SQL Knowledege? - drat, that'd be helpful. If not, you can learn.

Email me at mike_chambers AT mac.com if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitcoin Billionaire
Mar 10, 2007
My experience: Been working with Windows machines and networking forever. 1 year as an assistant tech at a high school, 1 year as Technical Director at a radio station, taught networking at a computer camp one summer (:c00lbert:) Could probably pass A+ and maybe MCSE and am willing to if a job requires it. I know HTML and how to batch script but no programming languages.
What I'm looking for: Part time job or internship. I'm a senior in high school so this is obviously a long shot but whatever.
What I'm NOT looking for: Full time job
Where I live: Metro West area in MA.
Where I'm looking: See above, though I do have a car.
When I can start: As soon as necessary.
Requirements: none
Can be reached via: this thread / PM / crash.premonition@gmail.com / AIM in profile