Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redphoenix11
May 9, 2007

I'm getting my BS in computer science from Rochester Institute of Technology in two months and I am finishing up my last block of co-op, so I'm job hunting.

My experience: Professionally I have spent 1 year working as an intern at Intel Corporation doing graphics driver development and validation and pre-silicon performance validation of Intel CPUs in development. I have also done tech support and software validation for Boehringher-Ingelheim, which is the world's largest privately owned pharmaceutical company.

I also have 4-5 years doing high-level object-oriented. application development using Java and C/C++ in both Unix-based and Windows environments. I am comfortable with all aspects of Java from Swing to networking classes and I am quite comfortable using Win32 and Direct X 9/10 with C++.

Additionally, I have about 1-2 years using Perl, Ruby, and x86 Assembly. Out of those three, I'm probably most comfortable with Perl.

Edit: I also know how to use Visual Studio, Emacs, Eclipse, ClearCase, SVN, SUSE Linux, Solaris, and regular Unix.

What I'm looking for: A software development job where I am working on higher-level applications. I can do low-level programming and systems programming because of my experiences at Intel but I do not particularly enjoy it. Something where I can have the opportunity develop skills with web programming (i.e. PHP) would be nice since I am weak in that area and would like to improve my skills.

Where I am: Sacramento, CA until the end of August and then the New York metro area after that

Where I'm looking: New York, NY

When I can start: I finish up at Intel in mid-August and will be back in New York and probably ready to work by the beginning of September.

Requirements: Salary that's at least the average for recent grads with computer science degrees and health insurance

Can be reached via: PM me for my e-mail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU