Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs
I'm multi-talented :v:, I'll advertise each of my specialties.

About me: I'm currently employed full-time as a Solaris/Linux sysadmin and part-time as a PHP web application developer. I volunteer for the QuakeCon organization doing Python development and administering on-site network services.
Where I live: Manhattan, KS

Specialty 1:

My experience: Four years supporting Solaris and Linux systems in HA/load-balanced environment, dev/test/prod tiers, associated services
What I'm looking for: Working in an active environment with cool people who can communicate well and enjoy doing the job right on the first try
What I'm NOT looking for: Another incredibly boring job working with tinfoil-hat "back in my day, we didn't have tab completion" old farts
Where I'm looking: Kansas City, KS/MO area
Requirements: Insurance, 401k, salary that indicates you value my skills

Specialty 2:

My experience: Two years developing applications in Python/Turbogears; PHP/CodeIgniter/Doctrine for that last few months
What I'm looking for: Part-time contract developing webapps (preferably Python, PHP with CodeIgniter or Symphony would be okay too) with a competent PM who coordinates and communicates well; would consider full-time in the area
What I'm NOT looking for: Joining a startup like the one I'm working for now with an owner who thinks loving code gnomes come out at night to finish absurdly time-constrained projects
Where I'm looking: Telecommute; would consider full-time in Kansas City, KS/MO area
Requirements: Good hourly rate for telecommute; as above for full-time

Why you should hire me: Because I'm talented, I'm the best communicator you will ever work with, and I'm a pretty cool dude.
How you can contact me: PM me here

Yes, I'm a little snippy, both jobs are pissing me off right now. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

slimteufel posted:

Wanted: candidates for ms & linux field support (military).

*top secret clearance required
*broad working knowledge of operating systems & networking
*locations: Ft Bragg, Ft Campbell, Ft Drum, Ft Gordon

berisf0rd at gmail d0t c0m (relplace 0 with o) for more info.

I figure you would have listed it, but I'll take a shot... any positions at Ft Riley?

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

slimteufel posted:

Nope. It's the weirdest thing. Why not live somewhere warm?

Because I'm tied to the area for the time being. :smith:

Thanks for getting back to me though. :)

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

Aericina posted:

JOB OPENING

There is a new job available at my workplace that we are in a hurry to fill. We are located on the south side of Indianapolis between Beech Grove and Southport. The environment here is really relaxed and you get a ton of paid time off throughout the year. The pay is on the low side, but you trade it in for "not working for the man" and "actual vacation". This is basically subtitled as "Secondary Linux Administrator" and you would be in a subdivision of IS consisting of 4 people including myself. I serve as the Windows/VMware Administrator so there would be a lot of working with me and the Senior Sysadmin who is moving to be in a director role. Hours are normally 8a-4:30p but we do have 2 weekly maintenance periods that are very early in the morning, but we are pretty good with adjusting schedules so that you aren't dead the next day from zero sleep.

Systems Administrator
Information Systems
University of Indianapolis

The Division of Information Systems at the University of Indianapolis seeks applications for a Systems Administrator. This is a full-time exempt staff position.

This position will support the Department of Network & Systems Services and will work closely with the larger Information Systems Division. Responsibilities include facilitating and maintaining the ever-increasing number of enterprise class systems and software at the University.

Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field along with three to six years of experience as a Linux systems administrator is required. Candidates must have demonstrated experience working with LDAP, MySQL, Perl, PHP, and other open source technologies. Experience with Samba, Windows Server, VMware, and SELinux preferred. Knowledge of SAN and network hardware is helpful, as well as experience with Banner, Zimbra, ZenOSS, or Oracle software suites. Experience working in higher education is beneficial. The successful candidate should be able to work independently on projects from start to finish while coordinating with a variety of constituents. A flexible schedule is required.

Apply electronically at http://jobs.uindy.edu/. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.

The University of Indianapolis is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.

Send me a PM or email me at my username @gmail.com to let me know that you applied.

1. Can you give a ballpark salary?

2. For the love of Christ, why Zimbra?

MaberMK
Feb 1, 2008

BFFs

otakup0pe posted:

Hiring in : Offices located in Montreal, Canada.

Who we are : Social / Casual video game company. We develop games for the PC, Consoles and are branching out to Facebook.

Looking For : Wizards
  • Network / System Administrator - Windows, Mac, Cisco, Debian, IRIX
  • Backend Developers - C, Python, PHP, SQL, Forth

Benefits : Paid Vacation. Standard health plan. Chill work environment. Gorgeous springs in Montreal

Opening Date : Immediately

Contact me via PM.

Sounds cool, is French language proficiency required?