Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

My situation/experience: Bs In Computer Science (graduated in June 2005). After graduation I worked as a .NET mobile apps developer for a few months, then moved on to my current job in enterprise software support (Nov 2006 to now). I also did a few freelance web design projects and I'm currently the web designer/developer for a non profit online magazine. I recently went back to school for a second bachelor's, this time in Graphic Design. I am fluent in English and Spanish.

What I'm looking for: A job in web development/design industry or something similar

Where I live: San José, Costa Rica (looking to relocate)

Where I'm looking: anywhere in the US/Canada, prefer somewhere with a gtood public transit system because I hate driving

When I can start: Pretty much as soon as possible, given appropriate notice for my current employer

Requirements: get me a green card!

Can be reached via: PM, vdaluz@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

We have an opening in our San Francisco office for a technical project manager.

quote:

Technical Project Manager / Engagement Manager

We are looking for a Technical Project Manager / Engagement Manager who will work closely with our partners, clients, software engineers and technical leads to deliver high-quality software projects, tested, and released on time. You'll coordinate lots of fast-changing, moving parts. You'll need excellent communication skills to be the center of the universe for all questions about schedules, quality, and progress updates. You will be responsible for identifying and managing risks, making sound judgments about quality and improving software development process. You must be comfortable in a fluid and informal development environment.

Daily Responsibilities:

- Technical Manager for Social Media, Educational Technologies, Social Gaming, Location based deals projects working closely with external clients, engineers and technical leads to design and launch projects.

- Gather requirements and define the scope of the project. Find resources, manage resource allocation for projects. Develop a plan and schedule, with well-defined milestones.

- Work with Software development team to develop and track release milestones and schedules of various projects.

-Manage communication, dependencies and priorities across several teams in several time-zones; escalate issues as necessary.

Qualifications/Skills:

- 3 to 5 years experience working on and managing software projects. (Experience managing offshore teams will be a plus.)
- Excellent people management skills and the ability to work with business and technical resources to develop and manage an implementation plan.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Amazing at getting things done.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written).

Benefits

- Catered lunch every day, and team lunches once per week
- Office is in the Financial District, and easily accessible to public transportation
- Casual working environment
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Competitive PTO program
- Competitive salary
- 401k for eligible full-time employees
- Medical and Dental for eligible full-time employees
- Educational Assistance Program for eligible full-time employees

We also have a couple of internship positions available.

quote:

Software Developer Intern

The Software Developer - Intern will work closely with technical leads to deliver high-quality software projects. Intern will help develop new features, engage in QA, fix bugs, and do blackbox/whitebox testing. Intern will assist technical lead with project management duties as needed.

Daily Responsibilities:

- Works closely with the Technical Project Manager to build and validate product features.
- Assists development team in adding new product features.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis; effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.

Qualifications/Skills:

- Computer Science coursework (Algorithms / OO programming / Data structures / Web Development).
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply technologies involved in project
- Able to design, code, and debug applications in various software languages
- Front end graphical user interface design knowledge
- Software testing and quality assurance knowledge
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Extremely logical with great analytics skills
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Knowledge of Python / PHP / MySQL (LAMP), MySQL, and Git is a plus

Benefits

- Office is in the Financial District, and easily accessible to public transportation
- Competitive PTO program accrues time off for both interns and employees
- Paid internship

quote:

UI Design Intern

We are searching for a motivated, creative candidate who is excited to work on great projects and build their portfolio. You will be working under our Design Leads to do work for our clients.
You will need to be detail-oriented, creative, and passionate about design. You are excited to work with a variety of people on multiple projects, and understand the importance of discretion!
This internship will be 3 months, 24 hours a week, 6 hours a day Monday-Thursday at our office. For the right candidate, hours will be increased and additional responsibilities will be given.

Daily Responsibilities:

- Create great user experience.
- Designing for mobile platforms (android, ios) and web.
- Performs other duties depending on business need.

Qualifications/Skills:

- Proficiency in Adobe CS (Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks).
- Passion for visual beauty to pixel point perfection.
- High-level attention to detail.
- Able to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An understanding of user centered design process.
- Interested in device design and technology.
- 3D knowledge (not required but this is a big plus).
- Icon designs

Benefits

- Competitive PTO program accrues time off for both interns and employees
- Paid internship

Feel free to PM me if you have questions or are interested in any of these.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

ConfusedUs posted:

Is relocation a possibility for the Project/Engagement Manager?

Unfortunately no, the company is not big enough to have a relocation budget yet.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

BeefofAges posted:

Do you actually get people with all the skills you listed applying to be interns? The most I've ever expected an intern to have is a pulse.

I don't write the requirements, I agree it's kind of too much to ask but it's more of a wishlist really not hard requirements.