Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Thanks for doing all of SH/SC a great service by keeping the OP updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Quoting this because I've updated it with new info per finagler's request and WD's a chill place to work!

finagler posted:

Who are we: Western Digital
Where? Irvine, CA

I’m looking for four (4) technicians:
  • Must be willing to work 1-10 P.M. as a temp, with overtime and some weekends
  • Must be able to rip a PC apart and put it back together quickly (we do chassis swaps)
  • Must be familiar with BIOS settings
  • Must be able to lift 50 lbs, no problems on ladders, etc.
  • Test/QA/Blackbox testing experience a plus
  • Knowledge of DOS, Linux, all flavors of Windows a must (not super advanced stuff)
  • Must smell nice and fit in with a casual corporate environment (no Super Mario tattoos visible)
Our company makes storage products. My group has 5,000 PCs and we test drive firmware. This entails starting and stopping tests, updating a test database and working directly with engineers. We're moving labs around and need to move heavy racks around, build racks, wire racks, do PC chassis swaps. Pay is around $22/hr with some OT. Hours are 1-10pm M-F with some weekends/late evenings. You will be hired through a temp agency that our company uses. We’re located in Irvine, 92612.

Email your resume to greg dot nagel @ wdc dot com. PM's ignored. This is an immediate opening. There are other openings in the company. If I don't like you I can forward your resume to the temp agency or other interested groups.
Come work with us at WD!

Star War Sex Parrot fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 29, 2012

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Maybe not what you're looking for permanently since you seem pretty overqualified but hit us up and maybe you can work with us until something better comes along, or we can pass your resume along to something better suited to you. :)

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Quoting this because I've updated it with new info per finagler's request and WD's a chill place to work!

finagler posted:

Who are we: Western Digital
Where? Irvine, CA

I’m looking for four (4) technicians:
  • Must be willing to work 1-10 P.M. as a temp, with overtime and some weekends
  • Must be able to rip a PC apart and put it back together quickly (we do chassis swaps)
  • Must be familiar with BIOS settings
  • Must be able to lift 50 lbs, no problems on ladders, etc.
  • Test/QA/Blackbox testing experience a plus
  • Knowledge of DOS, Linux, all flavors of Windows a must (not super advanced stuff)
  • Must smell nice and fit in with a casual corporate environment (no Super Mario tattoos visible)
Our company makes storage products. My group has 5,000 PCs and we test drive firmware. This entails starting and stopping tests, updating a test database and working directly with engineers. We're moving labs around and need to move heavy racks around, build racks, wire racks, do PC chassis swaps. Pay is around $22/hr with some OT. Hours are 1-10pm M-F with some weekends/late evenings. You will be hired through a temp agency that our company uses. We’re located in Irvine, 92612.

Email your resume to greg dot nagel @ wdc dot com. PM's ignored. This is an immediate opening. There are other openings in the company. If I don't like you I can forward your resume to the temp agency or other interested groups.
Come work with us at WD!