Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I'm not an HR guy for my employer, but in a couple months we'll be looking to hire a low to medium end Windows support guy, experience with Windows Server 2k3 and minor Linux knowledge would be a good place to start.

Also, you need to be organized and able to interface with customers and have some ability in project planning. Basically, you're going to live at one clients office and take care of them so I can do other, more important tasks.

We're in midtown Manhattan. We won't be looking until around April, though.

The benefits include getting to work with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Just to reiterate my post, I had a project meeting with my bosses yesterday, and they told me that they're going to look at hiring someone around April for me to train and hand off my job to so I can go back to focusing on telephony.

The biggest caveat, is that the person must have experience supporting financial companies (brokerage firms, or hedge funds). If someone fits that, and is interested in a job in NYC at a small, but quickly growing company, let me know. I can pass you along to our management and you guys can talk.

Model Camper posted:

Where I live: Long Island
Where I'm looking: NYC

Any financial support experience? And where do you live on the Island?

Erwin posted:

Oh god I hate my job. How much? Enough that I keep thinking about whether I could handle the 2hr commute each way to Jerk McJerkface's location :( (not that he would hire me)

Where I live: Philly/Allentown area of PA
Where I'm looking: Cannot relocate.

That's a rough commute. We have a client with an office in Phily, I drive down there twice a month, and it's way too long

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 10, 2009

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

CrazyLittle posted:

I've always wondered about this requirement. What's so special about supporting financial companies?

If you haven't supported them, then it's hard to explain.

But imagine, you're a circus performer, and whlie walking a tightrope, you have to juggle running chainsaws. However, these chainsaws are also on fire, shoot laserbeam, and are electrified. You are also wearing a suit made out of bees.

Seriously, though, it's different than just keeping a network up and running. You have to maintain 100% uptime, at all times. Any outage can costs the traders hundreds of thousands of dollars. Any packet-loss is unacceptable, because Bloomberg, TT, Redi, and the other apps they use will freak out with just a couple missing packets.

It's pretty stressful, but you're also not constrained by the limits of a budget, they understand they need you, so they give you the freedom you need to install what you want. It has it's pros and cons, like everything else.

The reason it's required if you want a job supporting them is that if you don't understand the terminology they use, and the way they and markets work, it's very hard for you to manage applications that they need.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Red Oktober posted:

Sadly, the last part isn't really true at the minute. Although it's probably still more true than most places.

Well, all of our financial-focus clients have been doing fantastic and actually growing at a good pace. Lots of hedge funds and what not have died off, but there's some that are just playing it right.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hey, no OP love for my job posting?

Let me follow your template and try again:

--First off, let me say that I'm not in charge of hiring/interviewing at all, but I know that we're looking for someone in a couple months, so I'm trying to be proactive, because the person we hire will basically be assisting me for a few months, and the sooner we get people lined up, the better.

What we're looking for: Low to mid-level computer tech with experience in networking, Windows Server 2k3, basic Linux knowledge, and VOIP experience a plus. Experience with financial support required. The person must be organized, able to do some basic project planning, and deal with clients directly. Applicant needs to be able to quickly learn and figure out new technologies.

What we're not looking for: Disorganized people that aren't interested in learning and simply want a help-desk job with no desire to do anything.

Approximate opening date: April/May 2009

Benefits: Health (HSA with company contribution), Dental, getting to work with me.

Notes: We're a small company, but have been growing considerably in the past year. We have a small core of techs, but we're all basically super-geniuses. Our sales team sells products and solutions that we have never heard of all the time and we just have to figure it out and make it work.

Contact: email me at ericcorp AT gmail.com DOT com and I'll get you to our people.

EDIT: add contact info

EDIT2:

I've already gotten a few emails about my companies job posting!

Just to add some more information for everyone:

1) We're not interested in remote agents. Unless you have lots of VOIP or Asterisk experience, we wouldn't really have any use for a remote agent for our financial clients. Sorry

2) We're really interested in someone with Adtran experience. it's not a requirement, but you have to know something about networking.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 17, 2009

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

brc64 posted:

I was going to add yours, but your first post said your company wasn't looking yet, so I skipped it. Mistake corrected. :)

I actually just talked to my COO, and he's ready to start interviewing now! Hurray.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Model Camper posted:

A lot of the people I went to undergrad with went this route straight out of school (I've got friends at Bloomberg) or the ERP consulting route (Accenture) and we've often talked about what we do day to day. They made a lot more money than I did taking my general sys admin job at a small company but now, a few years later, I've got a really broad set of skills and they're focused on one or two specific support tasks. Yeah, they still make more money (they also work in NYC and I work on LI right now) but I'm happy with the route I chose.

Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course. But like Jerk McJerkface said, it takes a certain kind of person and experience to work with finance people.

Well, at my company you'll get experience in everything.

Here's what I work with on a day to day basis (at just the one client we're looking for someone to assist me):

Windows Domain (with multiple servers)
RADIUS Server
Asterisk PBX
Adtran core couters
Sonicwall firewalls
HP Blade servers
Multiple vendor leaselines (we're up to five now)
Four locations for DR/redudancy
Source based routing
Video conferencing
Multiple trading aps (Bloomberg, Calyon, TT, etc)

Now, I'm not good at all these things, but from two years ago when I was making 12 bucks an hour repairing WW2 era gyroscopes to managing this beast of a network, I think I'm diversified quite a bit.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

R1CH posted:

My Experience: BSc in Internet Computing from UK University. Plenty of experience with Windows and Linux, programming in C, perl, PHP, shell scripting... basic HTML/CSS stuff (not a designer by any means), reverse engineering / hacking / security stuff, basic networking (firewalls, routing, VLANs, etc), system administration and lots of other random poo poo.

What I'm looking for: Something that involves the above, most likely system/network admin or something in the security field.

What I'm NOT looking for: Short-term, contract work, low-paid hourly stuff, CJ positions. Anything that involves a lot of travel.

Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the US and Canada. Will requires H1-B for US work since I'm British (yeah that's usually a deal-killer :()

When I can start: Within a month or so.

Requirements: Health insurance, good salary, usual benefits, relocation assistance if possible since I'll essentially be dropping everything when I move.

Contact info in my profile.

If I had a company, you could mail me a paper that said:

quote:

R1CH:

Waffleimages

And I'd hire you in a second.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

cepheusei posted:

Where can I contact you? I have experience with a lot of the technologies you mentioned as well as with the financial industry (assuming my blurb interests you).

Shoot an email over to ericcorp AT gmail DOT com and I'll hook you up with my office.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I've already gotten a few emails about my companies job posting!

Just to add some more information for everyone:

1) We're not interested in remote agents. Unless you have lots of VOIP or Asterisk experience, we wouldn't really have any use for a remote agent for our financial clients. Sorry

2) We're really interested in someone with Adtran experience. it's not a requirement, but you have to know something about networking.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hey, if anyone tried to email my personnel email account today, please resend your email. We migrated our companies exchange server, and that one didn't get copied over all day.

Thanks!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I know that a lot of goons have emailed me and contacted me, and I'm sorry that you haven't been contacted yet. I've been trying to push my office, but I don't think they're ready yet.

We did just fire our SYSADM, which I've also taken over now, so I really need someone, but I don't know our companies timeline.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Jerk McJerkface posted:

I know that a lot of goons have emailed me and contacted me, and I'm sorry that you haven't been contacted yet. I've been trying to push my office, but I don't think they're ready yet.

We did just fire our SYSADM, which I've also taken over now, so I really need someone, but I don't know our companies timeline.

Hey, we just sold a huge bunch of jobs. This were looking pretty bleak for a bit, but now we've picked up considerably. Tuesday I met with our partners, and they're ready to start interviewing my replacement (so I can get back into doing Asterisk installs). Send in those resumes!

Just to reiterate, we prefer someone with previous financial support experience, familiarity with routing, basic Linux knowledge, you must be a genius, and have extremely good communication skills. You won't just be a tech, but you'll be a full-time representative of our company at a very important client.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hey, we actually filled the position I posted last year, but we are looking for a new guy:

What we're looking for: We're looking for an Asterisk technician. Basic Linux knowledge is required, having a DCAP is a plus. We do small to mid-sized Asterisk installs and support after the fact. We also do a lot of network installs and managemet, we prefer Adtran products, so if you have experience with Adtrans, then you have a leg up. The person must be organized, able to do some basic project planning, and deal with clients directly.

What we're not looking for: Disorganized people that aren't interested in learning and simply want a help-desk job with no desire to do anything.

Approximate opening date: Immediately

Benefits: Health and dental

Notes: We're a small company, but have a strong Asterisk client base, and work closely with Digium and Adtran. It's an interesting job and you get to work a lot off different technologies, and it's very challenging. We're not interested in remote agents, though, you'd have to be in the New York city.

Contact: email me at ericcorp AT gmail.com DOT com and I'll get you to our people.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Thornes posted:

I don't have any formal requirements or anything on me but I figure I'll give this a shot.

I work at an IT consulting company based in the NYC/Long Island area and my company is currently looking to hire an NYC field tech and also a help desk guy for the Long Island office (East Northport). We also have an NYC office so if you're awesome enough you could probably just be placed there instead. We mostly deal with Windows but some clients have a few Macs as well.

The software we use is ConnectWise for our ticketing system and Labtech for monitoring/other MSP type stuff. Experience with this is definitely going to be a plus.

Basically for the field tech they're looking for someone with a pretty good amount of experience who can also think on their feet.

For the help desk guy it's mostly just about being friendly with the customers but I believe the higher ups are looking for someone who has at least a medium level of experience working the desk.

So if any of you guys are interested feel free to shoot over your resume or any questions to my username at gmail. We're a pretty laid back company but there is work to be done!

Email and resume sent.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

MJP posted:

I'm more than happy to answer questions or forward resumes. Contact info is above, or you can PM me.

Sending you my resume now.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I started a new job a few months ago and we are looking for some more Linux nerds. Located in NYC right on Wall street.

Who we are: A vendor that produces a multi-channel content generation tool for publishing companies, like newspapers, research banks, and book publishers. Sort of like a huge platform that combines functions like Office, Wordpress, Sharepoint, etc.

Available Jobs: Linux system admin and developers. I'm a sysadmin, and I pretty much spend all day assisting our customers setup our environments, writing bash scripts to help perform specific tasks for the systems and working with customers staff to setup their environments.

Where we are: NYC, Wall Street

Job Locations: NYC office, although we have an office in Milan Italy, which is also hiring, and Denver, Colorado, but I'm not sure about that one.

What we're looking for: We need linux administrators. Someone I can set in front of a terminal, can manage to tab-complete (seriously, if you don't tab complete don't put "Linux" on a resume), can decipher bash scripting, and in general has a decent knowledge of clustering technologies, SAN storage, and basic networking. While our company develops software, your primary job will be assisting the technology staff of other companies to support our software. It's not like help desk support, you won't deal with end users, but you will be a consultant for their tier 3 in house staff. Our customers have their own huge IT departments, and we are just the experts they bring in to assist when they can't figure it out. It's nice because at the end of the day, they have to do everything and we just get to guide them.

Also, they need java and web developers. I don't work on that side of the office, so I don't know specifically what they need, but I know they are looking.

Why it's a great place to work: Part of the job includes a free trip to Milan to train for a month or two, also they like to send you there a few times a year to HQ to mingle the main office. The culture is very European, and not NYC IT, so you aren't worked like a dog and then not appreciated. It's a small office in NYC, we have a lot of employees, but mainly we get assigned to a customer and they provide an office space for all of us there. The company has a good pipeline of work for the next few years, and they really encourage having a life in addition to working. They think that if you are killing yourself working it's a mistake. I really like it, it's not like a super hip start up, they've been around since the 90's and are very mature.

email a resume to ericcorp AT gmail DOT com if you are interested.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Hey, I have some openings in NYC for Java or C+ devs, it's nothing with controls like you mentioned, but it's a lot of automation development for research banks and web sites. Shoot me your resume and I can pass it along. I'm specifically looking for systems administration, but the other side of the office is looking for your skillset and i can pass it along.

ericcorp AT gmail DOT com

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Let me stick myself back in the game

My experience: 1.5 years in Desktop Support and Helpdesk Type roles. Plenty of experience in that time configuring, administrating, and troubleshooting Windows Desktops and servers. I've worked with and have a home lab ESXi environment for VMware as well as Cisco routers and switches in pursuit of a CCNA.
What I'm looking for: A Systems/Network Administrator position.
What I'm not looking for: Helldesk, Call Center, Developer positions
What I have to Bring to the Table
Where I currently Live: Bergen County, NJ
Where I'm looking: Continental United States. Willing to relocate: have a preference for NoVA, Texas, or Colorado
Requirements: Health, Full time
Can be reached at: Panzarinotech@gmail.com Or Private Messaging

What's your Linux experience like? If you don't mind commuting to the system I have a sort of Systems Administrator opening, but it's 100% Linux (specifically Redhat).

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Currently, I've done a little bit of experimenting with Linux, but I wouldn't precisely call it a full fledged skill.

I meant to say "commuting to the city", but if you are interested in a Linux heavy job, send me the resume. ericcorp AT gmail DOT com and I'll pass it along.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I work for a company in downtown Manhattan. We are a software shop that makes a CMS for publication. We are looking for a Linux guy to join my team. Must have linux background, and be able to talk coherently to a customer. There's really no other qualifications. Salary is pretty good. I really love my job. The company is Italian so it's a very laid back European feel. PM/email me if you are interested.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Hey,this job isn't for me, but a close friend and colleague at my current job is looking to leave, we live/work in NYC, but he'll probably be interesting in moving. This sounds like it's up his alley, mind if I refer him to you? I know you mention you have to live in Boston, but he's got the money and opportunity to move.

EDIT: NVM, he shoulder surfed and saw it, and said no.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Exit Strategy posted:

I'm broke and out of work. I need a job with immediacy.

My experience: 4 years Linux sysadmin and support, specifically CentOS with InterWorx, but flexible. Networking and server installation experience, 5 years. Some VMWare knowledge, 6 months Windows Server administration experience. Have done an awful lot of non-phone remote support.
What I'm looking for: Midlevel Linux support, datacenter work, hosting work, anything along those lines.
What I'm NOT looking for: Coding, anything involving lifting heavy objects over a long distance - Heart condition.
Where I live: Pittsburgh, PA
Where I'm looking: Same as above.
When I can start: Immediately, but flexible.
Requirements: Full Time, Health Insurance. Positive challenging work environment.
Can be reached via: PM or email, rfb AT 7storm.org.

If you want to move to NYC we are looking for something like this, but it's a big ask.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

White Chocolate posted:

My experience: IT Support for a school and a private company, coding in C++, Objective C, Linux, Family IT Support
What I'm looking for: Jr. System/Network Administration, Windows or Linux (or both!).
Linux, Helpdesk, someplace where I can get some experience, I've been working in healthcare trying to become a nurse, but I'm going to take a break and work for at least 8 months full time. I have another year and a half to go I do have a B.A. in CS and I am a fast learner. Also I may have a security clearance
What I'm NOT looking for: Something that requires 3/5+ years and multiple certifications.
Where I live: Hackensack, NJ area(can relocate)
Where I'm looking: New York, NY, San Diego, CA and Germany
When I can start: ASAP I already have full time work on nights and weekends that won't conflict
Requirements: Full time pay, opportunity to move up and learn new skills. I have health/dental
Can be reached via: PM, jdbeddoe at the googlemail

PMed. My company in NYC is looking for someone with linux experience that is familiar with Linux, Networking, and VM concepts.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

HKS posted:

Job Seeker

My Experience:
Self-taught web developer. Experience creating/building/maintaining a web application. Have used and wrote an API. Have coded own MVC using raw JS. Experience with PHP and MySQL.
Been using a computer since the 90's, but first time seeking programming work.

My website/portfolio is here, love any advice on this in general.

What I'm looking for:
Ideally an entry full-stack position where I can learn from peers and get better, but open to many things.

What I'm NOT looking for:
Playing poker again.

Where I live:
NYC

Where I'm looking:
Manhattan/BK.

When I can start:
Immediately

Requirements:
Full-time/contract

Can be reached via:
PM or link above has resume and porfolio.

I moved to NYC 2.5 years ago and been learning web development for a new career. I was a product manager at a system builder, then got into poker during the boom. I learned my lessons and training in that world and am looking forward to something steady now. I learned a lot of things just being hands-on and building stuff, I'm very hungry to get good at this and help my employer.

We're hiring people with your skills, but man 8 years of playing poker with a 3 year professional hiatus? I don't know if I can send this the hiring manager. Do you have a more professional resume with traditional job experience? Did you contract during those 8 years at all?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

gfsincere posted:

JOB SEEKER

Laid off this week, so looking for a new position in Atlanta.

My experience: 5+ years starting at Linux System Administrator and working to a Information Security consultant. Decent at python, bash, powershell and ruby scripting, experienced with virtualization, penetration (app, OS, and network) testing, vulnerability management, compliance, risk advisory, configuration management, and a RHCSA, CISSP, and CCNA holder.

What I'm NOT looking for: Going back to front-line support
Where I live: NYC, but moving on June 21st, 2016 to Atlanta
Where I'm looking: Same
When I can start: Anytime after July 6th
Requirements: Full time
Can be reached via: PM, email my username at gmail.

Is your move for sure? I work in NYC, but we have a HUGE HUGE HUGE client in Atlanta, so there's a reasonable chance someone moving to Atlanta maybe an option. If you are staying in NYC, then that's even better. I emailed you.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

FuriousAngle posted:

Any entry-ish levels in the Atlanta area for someone with a ton of helpdesk/customer service-type experience? I'm looking to move off to a job with more growth opportunities.

Not for sys admins. Maybe for a developer, though, but that's not my team. Sorry.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
So I posted this a few years ago, but we have a need again. I made some edits but it's mostly relevant.

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Who we are: A vendor that produces a multi-channel content generation tool for publishing companies, like newspapers, research banks, and book publishers. Sort of like a huge platform that combines functions like Office, Wordpress, Sharepoint, etc.

Available Jobs: Linux system admin and developers. I'm a sysadmin, and I pretty much spend all day assisting our customers setup our environments, writing bash scripts to help perform specific tasks for the systems and working with customers staff to setup and design their environments.

Job Locations: NYC office, although we have an office in Milan Italy, and a need for someone who lives/works in NYC but can travel to DC.

What we're looking for: We need linux administrators. Someone I can set in front of a terminal, can manage to tab-complete (seriously, if you don't tab complete don't put "Linux" on a resume), can decipher bash scripting, and in general has a decent knowledge of clustering technologies, SAN storage, and basic networking. While our company develops software, your primary job will be assisting the technology staff of other companies to support our software. It's not like help desk support, you won't deal with end users, but you will be a consultant for their tier 3 in house staff. Our customers have their own huge IT departments, and we are just the experts they bring in to assist when they can't figure it out. It's nice because at the end of the day, they have to do everything and we just get to guide them.

Also, they need java and web developers. I don't work on that side of the office, so I don't know specifically what they need, but I know they are looking.

Why it's a great place to work: The culture is very European, and not NYC IT, so you aren't worked like a dog and then not appreciated. It's a small office in NYC, we have a lot of employees, but mainly we get assigned to a customer and they provide an office space for all of us there. The company has a good pipeline of work for the next few years, and they really encourage having a life in addition to working. They think that if you are killing yourself working it's a mistake. I really like it, it's not like a super hip start up, they've been around since the 90's and are very mature. I really like my manager, he treats us like humans, has our back, and really takes care of us.

email a resume to ericcorp AT gmail DOT com if you are interested.

We have an urgent need. If you get something to me you can probably have an interview this week.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 9, 2018

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Just a quick thread update, I've had a few people send me their resumes, and I believe one of them is coming in tomorrow for a screening test. See, dreams do come true!

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Heyo, so we just had someone from this very thread start with us today, quite exciting! We do however need a few more people, but for a different team. Here's the posting from our site:

quote:

Application Specialist
New York
COMPANY_NAME is the world leader in digital news publishing solutions.
We cover the entire lifecycle of content, from authoring, ingestion, design, to sharing, publishing, delivery with open technologies and modern frameworks.
To keep our position as market leaders we must constantly explore, evaluate and deploy new technologies. But more important we need passionate, creative and ambitious people in our team.
Here’s how you could be involved: for our New York office we’re now looking for a motivated and talented Application Specialist to help us to bring forward the development of new and innovative solutions.

About the team
Are you willing to work in a stimulating and high-energy environment?
In COMPANY_NAME you will be surrounded and supported by other brilliant people who, like you, are passionate about technology and the result it can deliver.
You will join the Professional Services team, dedicated to working on projects for local and international. You will have the opportunity to travel, working alongside big names in global publishing or world’s leading financial institutions.

What you will do/learn
We’re sure you can’t wait to learn new technologies and platforms! As an Application Specialist you would be working in the ‘front line’ with our customers.
You could be involved at any stage of a project, analyzing the requirements, designing the solution, configuring, installing and testing our software modules.

You are
Proactive and self-motivated – you can work independently but you perform well in a team as well.
A good problem solver and communicator – you have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
You are keen to learn, grow and master new skills and resources.

On your first day, we expect you to have
Computer Engineering degree, or equivalent
Good coding skills (Java on a UNIX or Linux platform)
Good web coding skills (html, js, css, xml, xslt)
Availability to travel for short and long periods
Good English communication skills
It’s great (but not necessary) if you also have
Proficiency in other foreign languages

And the thread details:

Available Jobs: Application Specialist/Software support

Job Locations: NYC office, although we have an office in Milan Italy, and a need for someone who lives/works in NYC but can travel a little

Experience: junior to mid, this is a really good starting job for someone that wants to start getting experience

Email or PM me and I'll get you an interview really quickly.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
If you live near DC maaaaaybe but it's mainly for a position in NYC. I don't think it's high enough salary or position to move to NYC for.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Verisimilidude posted:

Hey everyone,

My experience: Recent graduate of the Flatiron School Web Development Immersive program. 2 years experience with Ruby, Rails, JS, React, Redux, and front end/back end development.

What I'm looking for: Full time position as a junior/entry-level developer with $60k+/year and benefits.

What I'm NOT looking for:
Working in finance, or for more than 50 hours per week.

Where I live: New York, NY

Where I'm looking: NYC, tri-state area, remote, and will potentially move depending on position.

When can I start:
ASAP

Requirements:
Full-time, benefits

PM Sent. $60k is actually a reasonable entry level developer/app specialist rate. BUT you can easily bounce after a year to 80-90k somewhere else if you aren't a muppet. It's cracking that first position that is a challenge.

Edit just to be clear I don't think 60k is a fair wage, but. I've seen a lot of similar openings for entry level devs.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 16, 2019

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Got your email and forwarded it along. I'll see if I can pack my company with goons.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Tiax Rules All posted:

Hi all. After four years in investment banking, it would be nice to work somewhere a bit less stressful/evil.

My experience: Four years of full-stack software developer experience at two large financial institutions. Mostly JavaScript and Python, with a smattering of Java. I've been lucky enough to work with relatively modern tooling, including React, TypeScript and Pandas.

What I'm looking for: Mid level or senior developer roles. Friendly, low-ego coworkers. Healthcare, government, or general do-goodery would be a bonus.

What I'm NOT looking for: Startups unless they're good about work/life balance and really have their poo poo together. Anything involving adtech, ridesharing or blockchain.

Where I'm looking: Pretty flexible. I like NYC but I've also toyed with moving somewhere a bit quieter for the last couple of years. Nothing too far south, as I'm one of those weirdos who likes long, cold winters. Remote is a bit of a pipe dream, but I'll mention it just in case.

When can I start: 2 weeks if local or remote, 3-4 if relocating.

Requirements: Full-time, benefits

PM Sent.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Hey, just wanted to float that we have still have several openings for this position:

quote:

Application Specialist
New York
COMPANY_NAME is the world leader in digital news publishing solutions.
We cover the entire lifecycle of content, from authoring, ingestion, design, to sharing, publishing, delivery with open technologies and modern frameworks.
To keep our position as market leaders we must constantly explore, evaluate and deploy new technologies. But more important we need passionate, creative and ambitious people in our team.
Here’s how you could be involved: for our New York office we’re now looking for a motivated and talented Application Specialist to help us to bring forward the development of new and innovative solutions.

About the team
Are you willing to work in a stimulating and high-energy environment?
In COMPANY_NAME you will be surrounded and supported by other brilliant people who, like you, are passionate about technology and the result it can deliver.
You will join the Professional Services team, dedicated to working on projects for local and international. You will have the opportunity to travel, working alongside big names in global publishing or world’s leading financial institutions.

What you will do/learn
We’re sure you can’t wait to learn new technologies and platforms! As an Application Specialist you would be working in the ‘front line’ with our customers.
You could be involved at any stage of a project, analyzing the requirements, designing the solution, configuring, installing and testing our software modules.

You are
Proactive and self-motivated – you can work independently but you perform well in a team as well.
A good problem solver and communicator – you have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
You are keen to learn, grow and master new skills and resources.

Good coding skills (Java on a UNIX or Linux platform)
Good web coding skills (html, js, css, xml, xslt)
Availability to travel for short and long periods
Good English communication skills
Proficiency in other foreign languages

We are also likely hiring another System Engineer in a month or two. (we hired one from this thread in January, he's great!) :

Jerk McJerkface posted:

See below for a better posting

And the thread details:

Available Jobs: System Engineer/Managed Services Tech/Application Specialist/Software support

Job Locations: NYC office, although we have an office in Milan Italy, and a need for someone who lives/works in NYC but can travel a little

Experience: junior to mid, this is a really good starting job for someone that wants to start getting experience

Email or PM me and I'll get you an interview really quickly.

Super-NintendoUser fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 13, 2019

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
So they've reworked the Linux System Engineer posting, it's much better now:

quote:

Managed Services System Engineer
New York
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Managed Services System Engineer, who will be responsible for addressing customer service requests incidents, follow-up analysis and troubleshooting COMPANY’s proprietary content management solution, PLATFORM.

The team
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team of very talented people responsible for shaping the future of content management systems.

We are global leader in content management applied to complex, real-time scenarios. We’re deeply passionate about technology to keep our solutions at the leading edge. Today we’re on a mission to evolve a product suite leader in the Media industry and conquer other solid verticals like Finance and Government.

You will join our Systems and Operations Team, based in New York and supporting COMPANY US Customers. You will report to the System and Operations Manager.

What you will learn
As a Managed Services Systems Engineer will participate in creating maintenance plans, implement solutions, integrations and maintaining documentation for all US customers

You will assure activities are compliant with Managed Services SLA’s as it pertains to the customer’s subscribed services. This includes but is not limited to proactive system monitoring, system software upgrades, application software upgrades, patching.

Additional duties include general system administration tasks and participation of after-hours maintenance and activities and/or on call as needed.

Deep knowledge of UNIX / LINUX operating systems.
Good knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl)
Good knowledge of high availability systems (Veritas/RHCS) and storage systems (NetApp, EMC)
Good knowledge of web and application servers (Tomcat)
Experience in using virtualization platforms (VMWare, XEN, etc.)
Experience in managing systems in complex cloud environments (AWS, GCP, MS Azure, etc)
Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems and to perform log analysis
And…you’re willing to work in a stimulating and high-energy environment, you can’t wait to learn about new technologies and platforms. You are proactive and self-motivated – you can work independently but you perform great in team as well. And, of course, you are keen to learn, grow and master new skills and resources.
ITIL or Agile/SCRUM qualified

More about us
COMPANY welcomes diversity among its people: whatever their race, religion, age, sex or sexual orientation, everybody’s contribution is valued equally in an atmosphere of mutual respect and regard.

If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this role then apply immediately!

Email, ericcorp@gmail.com, or PM if you are interested. I've posted a bunch of other time with more details on the company, even just a few posts above, for a different application specialist/support role that is still open.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Verisimilidude posted:

Posting here again:

Job Seeker

My experience: React-focused software engineer experienced in full-stack development with React.js, Redux, JavaScript, HTML, CSS and Ruby on Rails. Currently an intern at a small startup doing front-end development with React/Redux, and some back-end work with Node.js.

What I'm looking for: Full time position as a front-end developer with $60k+/year and benefits. Open to paid internships and junior positions.

Where I'm looking: Greater NYC Area (Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn), and surrounding areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. I am open to remote positions as well.

When can I start: ASAP

Requirements: Full-time, benefits

Contact: PM, email me at jmartinez729 at gmail dot com, or feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/jmartinez729/)

Pm sent.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

MJP posted:

Job Seeker

My experience: 16 years in IT operations/infrastructure, starting from helpdesk through sysadmin, and presently an Azure systems engineer.

What I'm looking for: Systems engineer or senior sysadmin for a small or midsize organization. I'm not picky about industry, for now I'm just floating my resume.

What I'm NOT looking for: Helpdesk or desktop support

Where I live: Northern NJ

Where I'm looking: Manhattan or northern NJ, remote until COVID-19 is over

When I can start: Within two weeks of an accepted offer

Requirements: FT, healthcare, 401k, occasional remote work (in the non-COVID world), a decent boss to work for and a decent team to work with

Can be reached via: forums PM

I may have something for you. I'll send you a PM.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The Fool posted:

Even though MO is a low CoL area, relatively speaking, you're underpaying for your requirements

I say this as someone who works for a company also in MO that has been struggling to fill positions

Yeah, I don't want to dump on this, but this job is easily >175k, I interviewed for several full remote positions just last month for basically this job (not even requiring the clearance) that paid 175k+bonus+stock options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Verisimilidude posted:

Bumping my post, still on the lookout for positions.

pm sent