Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
My dad sent me a huge list of defense contractors, hopefully this will help somebody. If you have a clearance you're as good as hired with almost any of them. He works for Harris and they're always hiring people in their Melbourne, FL and Arlington, VA campuses.

Life Cycle Engineering Inc
American Systems Corp
M.C.Dean
Oracle Corporation
American Systems Corp
Enterprise Warehousing Solutions, Inc.
Eagan McAllister Associates, Inc.
Capstone Corp.
Raytheon Technical Services
CACI Systems. Inc.
Mandex
Man-Tech
Raytheon Technical Services
Northrup Grumann Comptek PRB
Bowhead Support Services
Progeny Systems Corp.
Mitretek
Honeywell Technology Solutions
Clearforest Corp.
Computer Science Corp
Metrica, Inc.
Harold and Associates
Chiliad Publishing
Mitretek Systems Inc.
IPI Grammtech LTD
Buchannan & Edwards Inc.
Sun Microsystems Inc
Buchannan & Edwards Inc.
Northrop Gumman Information Tech
Fed Consulting Inc.
Microstrategy, Inc.
Capstone Corp.
AMSEC
Geologics
CACI
Glo-Tech (Global Systems Technology)
L3
DRS
Northrup Grumman
Lockheed Martin
Harris Corp.
Rockwell, Int.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Just wanted to mention the thread I have in A/T about contractor jobs in Afghanistan.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3277682

The company I'm working for has a ton of openings for SATCOM/basic networking/basic CJ type work. To explain it in as few words as possible, there's me and another IT guy on this FOB, and we support everything from the satellite dish down. Easiest way to apply would be to pm me a resume or email it to me at jbsnyder at drs-ds.com

edit
Email address changed.

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 12, 2010

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Anyone with extensive Aruba experience? My company is hiring for a make-or-break position in SWA, it will include travel. There are some serious eyes on this contract, success would mean being an all-star, failure would mean probably never working in SWA again.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

My experience: 5+ years of both military and civilian SATCOM support and deployment, 5+ years of Cisco support, deployment, and engineering, current Secret Clearance
What I'm looking for: SATCOM or junior network engineering, pretty much anything except...
What I'm NOT looking for: Tier 1, help desk, desktop
Where I live: Afghanistan
Where I'm looking: Colorado Springs or Charleston are my top choices, I'd consider anything but the DC metro or California
When I can start: 6-8 weeks after locking something down, outprocessing is kind of a bitch
Requirements: $50k-ish, opportunities to learn and advance. Somewhere that would chip in towards certs would be great. Mildly flexible around a college schedule.
Can be reached via: PM, jbsnyder85 at gmail dot com

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

workape posted:

Network engineer job

Shot you an email, this job sounds amazing.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

RevKrule posted:

I'm in need of a Systems Administrator really really badly.

Who are we and what do we do: We do email marketing around the world. We have offices in London and Boulder Colorado. You're applying for the job in Colorado.

What we're looking for: We need a new Systems Administrator, badly. Preferably mid-level with networking experience. Our networks are mostly run with Sonicwalls and Juniper routers and Dell switches. We run CentOS on most of our servers with a small smattering of Windows 2008. We would love you to have scripting (perl and bash are the standards, but any scripting is better than none).

Location: Like I said, Boulder Colorado. We're right off the Pearl Street Mall so there's a lot to do in the area.

Benefits: Health, dental, vision. We have a 401k with some matching. Fridays we have company provided beer with occasional cigar time. Paid vacation and sick time. It's a small company (~40 people in the office) so we it's actually a pretty fun environment.

Opening: It's open now. We haven't gotten much luck on candidates and the current frontrunner has serious drama behind him. As such, I'm really wanting someone else to fill the job.

Contact: Feel free to drop me a PM. If you don't have pm, hit me up at rallyv@gmail. Include SH/SC in the subject (or don't, but if you want a job you will).

If you can get me in the door by the 22nd I'll take this loving job so quick. I start a help desk job with Harris in Denver but gently caress taking 3 steps back if I don't have to. Shot you a resume.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Job Seeker

Working overseas as a contractor, got screwed by my company. I was making more doing less in the states, and they're a pretty incompetent company at every level.

What I'm looking for: Network Engineer, something government or satellite related if possible

What I'm NOT looking for: Help desk, desktop

Experience: 6 years of military / overseas contractor experience with TDMA/SCPC satcom on 1.2-3.8m VSATs and a couple 3.7m autotracking SCPC earth stations, one of the largest Aruba wireless deployments in the world, network engineering for sites ranging from 6-300 people

Where I live: Afghanistan!

Where I'm looking: Overseas if possible, if not anywhere in the Colorado Springs-Denver area, Charleston SC, Melbourne FL. I'm fairly open, just don't want TX or the DC area.

When I can start: As soon as loving possible. God I hate my job.

Requirements: If it's outside the Springs-Denver area, relocation would be neat but not required. Call it 50k salary depending on the job, but I'm going to highball you if it's satcom because I'm pretty drat good at what I do.

Can be reached via: PM, email at jbsnyder85 at g's mail dot com

Horror story why you should feel sorry for me and find me a job: Within a week of being in-country I drove in and around Kabul on Highway One multiple times doing site maintenance, including once by myself from Kabul to Bagram in a broken down piece of poo poo truck, all without armor or weapons, and I didn't get a dime of the company's commission for any of it.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

If anyone has an active TS and a few years of Linux administration, I got linked to the coolest drat job posting I've ever seen. I won't spoil it.
http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=302&dockey=xml/7/2/72316b74b230423630e7b9642b5b5a59@endecaindex&source=19

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Crazy question, do any of you work for Marlink or OmniAccess? I've applied and emailed their HR and heard nothing back, a bit disconcerting since I'm easily qualified for their tech / installer positions and they're pretty much dream jobs.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Life assurance is an awesome benefit. I'd much rather my company guarantee that I live than pay out if I die!

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

UK goons, get this job and land me some swag. I have no affiliation with Williams F1, I just think it'd be a drat cool place to work.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

My former employer tried to recruit me for this, I'm a bit stuck where I am. Network Technician in Panama City, FL, requires a secret clearance and a CCNA would be really helpful. They're a great company, small enough that the owner and COO know most everybody's names, and if you're cool the owner will send you a bottle of his tequila for Christmas (I heard, I'm not cool :()

Don't apply if you don't have a clearance and some network experience, like I said they're a small company so their HR would get swamped. And don't PM me, I don't know anything more about the job and I can't recommend anyone.

http://trace.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=3408281

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Duro posted:

Ok, so I applied for a job at IBM in their in-house legal department, and they sent me an e-mail asking me to complete an online proficiency exam....

Has anyone ever had to do this? I hope they aren't technical computer questions because it would have absolutely nothing to do with my job and I'm sure as hell not some computer whiz

Yes that's a thing, it only matters if you do terrible on it.

Did you get referred? If not you screwed someone out of 5k.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Any of yall have a CCNP, secret or higher clearance, and want to go to Afghanistan to make gently caress you money for a couple years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

TheFlyingDutchman posted:

If it's one of those "Need a CCIE to recalibrate satellite dishes" then it is "gently caress you" money from the company. Aka I could work at a grocery store and make more. THAT is gently caress you money.
It's 3%er money.

sudo rm -rf posted:

Any chance anything like that can be done without already having the security clearance?
Not for this one unfortunately, it's working with military networks so they don't want to pay you for 6 months of doing nothing waiting for your clearance to roll in.