Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA
Jun 22, 2004
Small freelance gig alert!

Who we are: A dude
Where we are: Minneapolis/St. Paul area
Job title: Tutor (I guess?)
Requirements: Knowledge and experience in implementing just about any aspect of Windows Server 2003. Know your way around a WRT54G. Be able to explain things, don't be a spaz or a low-talker. Maybe know things about web design also.

Benefits: If you're like me, you'll probably have fun doing it. You'll probably make a friend :buddy:. Oh, and I'm paying, too.

Information: I just moved to the twin cities in January (my fiancee is from here), and i'm looking for someone to spend a few hours (maybe less) helping me with some things. I'm trying to go from a simple, workgroup based, wireless home network to a domain based one with a server running the show.

I already understand the technology decently well but it's all pretty new to me and I would like to have someone on hand to answer a lot of questions and prevent me from ruining everything while I set it all up. The hardware is all pretty much ready to go, so you'll basically be teaching someone how to add a bunch of server roles, make the router cooperate, possibly add a second WRT54G as a bridge, configure the workstations (XP, Vista, 7, MacOS10.4), and then give some advice on administrating the whole thing. If there's time, I might want to throw a VM or two into the mix.

I'm doing this because I'm generally very adept at supporting individual systems but have no experience with anything business-related and would like to set up something from which I can train myself. Also, I'm unemployed and have a lot of time on my hands.

I am currently job-searching and alas, don't have much money, but it is worth a lot to me, and I can afford to pay $15/hr. Beer/snacks will be provided, and since I'm not able to offer what this is probably really worth (am I?) I'm totally willing to do you a favor of a similar magnitude at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA
Jun 22, 2004

chrisf posted:

Unreleated to the meat of your post, if you're still looking in the mpls/st paul area and don't mind call center help deskery, send me an email through my forum profile.

It would seem that "the email function has been disabled by the administrator" at the moment. The idea may be a shock to many posting in this thread, but helpdeskery sounds excellent to me! PM me or try the email address I don't mind posting, djaldrid@yahoo.com

Thanks!