Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
Sure, why not. I don't have a degree, so my chances are probably pretty slim, but I consider myself a decent programmer who can usually figure stuff out.

My experience: College student, no degree or professional experience sadly. But I've done a lot of projects in my freetime. Mostly using PHP, MySQL, Javascript, or C++. I also have some basic knowledge of Java, C# and Python, and could probably pick up other languages in a month or so. I also know HTML/CSS pretty drat well, though I suck at any sort of design. A collection of my projects can be found here: http://www.barchok.com/portfolio/
What I'm looking for: Any sort of programming, though I'm probably the most proficient at web development.
What I'm NOT looking for: Support positions. Basically, if I'm not programming something, I'm not happy.
Where I live: Columbus, OH
Where I'm looking: I'd prefer to finish up my degree, so Columbus, OH would be nice, but I'd be open to telecommuting. If it's a really worthwhile job, I wouldn't mind moving.
When I can start: Anytime.
Requirements: For a local job, I'll take pretty much anything. For anything out of state, the standard 401k, benefits, and vacation, plus a decent salary for the area (~40k).
Can be reached via: PM, thedaian@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

palatka posted:

Who we are: SciMed Solutions

Where we are: Durham, NC

Job Title: Junior to Senior Web Developer

* Would highly prefer the candidate to be local

Thanks.

Damnit. If I was local, I'd be all over this. Oh well. Good luck.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.

Sab669 posted:

Anyways, mostly looking through postings on Craigslist it seems like a lot of companies want a sample portfolio in addition to the resume and it made me realize... I have nothing to show of what I'm capable of doing. I've decided to start making a small portfolio this morning and I'm not really sure what's good to show?

I don't run interviews, but I've managed to get a few interviews on the basis of my portfolio (no jobs, but...). Generally, they're looking for a couple of completed projects. The more, the better, as it shows you can stick with something to the end. Additionally, demonstrating knowledge of what you've got listed on your resume.

Most of what I've stuck on my portfolio has been smaller personal projects, or mockups for freelance work. It's mostly stuff to prove that I can do javascript, html, and css, and/or php. If you have any work you can show off, stick it online and link to it. Stuff like this is kind of like code samples, where they most likely want to know you know what you're talking about.

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
I actually know at least one person who is probably looking for a backend web dev guy in Columbus, OH. I could probably pass on your information to him (and thus, to his company) if you'd like. I have PMs, or email my name at gmail

thedaian
Dec 11, 2005

Blistering idiots.
Job Opening - Columbus, OH

I'm leaving my current job for something slightly more in line with what I want to do, so, there's a job opening happening at my company. If you have Javascript and C#/ASP.NET knowledge, then you are probably a good fit. Seriously this is a great job with good pay and benefits. I know that Columbus Ohio has about a million open job positions and about 5 people total available for them right now, but if you're looking for a job around here, or just graduated, or want a new/better job, contact me via PM here, or email me at my username at gmail.