Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juriko
Jan 28, 2006

joe944 posted:

Edit: (12 hours later? Haha) Got a reply from the HR contact and she said they are actively interviewing internal and external candidates. In my experience that means I'm boned...

It doesn't have to be. Having known people doing hiring it can mean you were not the specific fit they were looking for, but are still keeping you on the hook because that doesn't mean you wont be the best option in the time they have for the hire. Hell I Had an offer that took so long to get I had already interviewed, took an offer and started a job elsewhere during the wait.

Hell, I had a rejection that took over a month to get. I ended up being overqualified for the position, but they were not willing to say no to the potential hire in case they couldn't find someone at the experience level they wanted. Hiring is painfully opaque and you really often have no idea what the hell is going on. While you might get a quick hire if you end up being a flawless fit, it can be really slow otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU