Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006
Having a similar issue. Haven't touched my Wii for awhile, so I updated to System 4.0 and tried the Homebrew Channel, it worked fine but prompted to update from Beta 8 to 1.01. After it downloads the update, the screen just goes black.

Edit: Never mind, I guess it just took awhile. I got to the update screen and attempted to update, but it failed: Error -1040002011 installing ticket

HATE TROLL TIM fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 25, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006

.TakaM posted:

Can't you just format the Wii back to factory settings in the options?

Does that downgrade the firmware?

HATE TROLL TIM
Dec 14, 2006
^^^ Running it from the hard drive is overly complicated for this. Just head to Wal-Mart and buy a pack of CD-Rs for $5. ^^^

Liku posted:

This is confusing me too, I downloaded the program and trying to run whatever's in the Win32 folder does nothing. Should I burning this to CD or something?

The page has instructions on it: For GParted Live on CD, download the .iso file and burn it as an image to a CD.

It's called a LiveCD, of course you burn it to a CD...

HATE TROLL TIM fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 4, 2009

• Locked thread