Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Lowclock posted:

So yea, the USB loader is awesome.

Big question, what exactly does it load? I saw USB External Hard Drives, but what about USB Flash Drives or the such? If it loads those, then I agree. Awesome app, indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

I swear, the Wii just keeps getting more like the PSP by everyday.

Must be nice not having to hear the Wii Drive (I remember mine being way too loving loud).

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

fishmech posted:

So I just want to get what installing System Menu 4 will do me. Right now, I already have the latest Homebrew Channel and DVDX for 3.4 installed on my Wii. I don't want to bother using USB Loader or otherwise running "backed-up" Wii games. My system menu is currently 3.4U.
What would happen to my current setup if do install 4.0? There's a bunch of stuff I want to buy on the Shop Channel, so what homebrew stuff would I lose out on by installing System Menu 4?

Lose the ability to get the Homebrew Channel back for any reason if you lost it (till they find another way), but gain SDHC support.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Edit: Actually, could I skip all the firmware downgrading/upgrading bullshit if I just did that workaround to where you install cIOSrev9? That doesn't seem too involved, all I want is the USB Loader.

That's what I did. v:v:v

Works just fine for me.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I just got done with it, worked fine. Now all I need is a drive that'll work with the stupid loader.

The Toshiba 160gb USB Powered External HDD (mouthful...) works near flawlessly (i've only encountered one problem, and I think that was my fault or something i dunno).

It's like 60 bucks at Wally World. :v: Check and see if you can get one of those. I've heard good things about Westing Digital My Passport External HDDs too.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Seems Wad Manager and WAD Installer don't like rev10. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, the mediafire link to 1.4 is dead. Or something.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Xiu Xiu posted:

is it possible to play tatsunoko vs capcom via hard drive on a north american wii?

From what I understand, yes it is.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Ravestory posted:

With this talk of making isos with multiple gamecube games on them, is it possible to put both discs of a multiple disc game on one?

I doubt it would let you eject the disc then reinsert the same disc, but it would be nice to put the old RE ports on a single DVD.

Yeah, you can. I did this with my copy of Baten Kaitos Origins using GC Backup Loader. Basically, it has an option in it that let's the machine know what ISO is the second disk. It's pretty nice.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

No reason to. Pretty sure that 4.2 doesn't break anything, homebrew-wise.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

If the name is anything besides boot.dol/boot.elf, it won't load. Basically, SD card root>Apps>Wad Loader folder>boot.elf

See if that helps.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Ryouga Inverse posted:

I really hope you didn't install the latest update, then.

Wrong thread and all, and I could probably google this myself, but do I dare ask why?

Curious, because I used to have a 60gb, is all.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Liku posted:

I updated USB Loader GX to r927, and I have CIOSX_rev19; but now upon loading GX it says "Waiting for your slow USB device." Assuming it means my external harddrive, though it wasn't a problem in the past. It just locks up and nothing happens.

:confused:

Is the harddrive plugged into the right USB port? Right if you are looking at it fro m behind, left if you are reaching around to plug it in. See if that helps.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

edit: gently caress me, I thought this was the Wii Megathread, not the Wiibrew one. Ignore this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Nothing is impossible.

Now if only they could figure out a way to get the Wii to connect to the internet while in GC mode, I'd love to play PSO Episode 1+2+3 online with others.

• Locked thread