Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
helium muppet
Jun 17, 2003

Once again, Alex gets the jitters.
Out of nowhere, when I start up an emulator with the homebrew channel, one of my wii remotes shuts and I can get it to turn on again except if I'm in the main wii menu.

I've tried syncing, but that doesn't seem like it's the issue. I've tried reconnecting in a different order so one remote is p.1 and the other is p.2. P.2 always shuts off. Batteries are fine.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helium muppet
Jun 17, 2003

Stokesy posted:

I'd just leave it as is for now. You should be able to upgrade later on, but there isn't really a reason to at the moment.

You need a couple of things.

cIOS Installer rev9
USB Loader v1.1
IOS36-64-v1042.wad
(google these)

load the cios installer and the usbloader into the /apps/ folder like you would any other homebrew app, and put the IOS36-64-v1042.wad in the root of your SD card.

Boot HBC and run cIOS Installer to install the custom IOS. Reboot your Wii.
Plug in a USB drive, and load the USB Loader from the HBC.
It will ask to format the USB drive. You will lose all data on the drive.
Now just pop in a game disc and press '+' to copy it to your USB drive.

That should be it.

I have 3.2U. Is this all I need to do? Also, is there a way to install this to the main wii menu so I don't have to open the HBC channel, then launch the USB loader?

helium muppet
Jun 17, 2003

Is there an informational page (in English) about the USB Loader somewhere? Why doesn't WiiBrew.org have anything? All their information is well organized.

Mainly I'm looking for the modified version of the USB Loader (with game covers) and a way to make it its own channel.

helium muppet
Jun 17, 2003

Xythar posted:

I would imagine there's no page on WiiBrew because Waninkoko (the person who made USB Loader) and Team Twiizers (the people who run WiiBrew) are not exactly on good terms. That, and I don't think WiiBrew carries any utilities that have the potential for piracy or whatever. There's a whole lot of drama surrounding it.

The current official version (1.4) has support for game covers as well, use that. I'd just wait a little bit for releases to settle down before adding a channel for it.

Thanks. Also, is there an icon.png for USB Loader for use in the HBC somewhere?

helium muppet
Jun 17, 2003

Magic Mango posted:

That one's great apart from the code dump you get if you plug in a Gamecube controller. :(
The 'Ultimate' one on GBAtemp is better in my opinion.

You get a code dump if you use a certain .png? Also, can you link to the 'Ultimate'?

helium muppet
Jun 17, 2003

I just setup the usb loader with a Passport as well.

One thing I did notice is the hard drive seems to still be on when I turn off the Wii. Do I have to completely turn off the Wii (hold down power for 5 seconds) for the drive to shut off?

Also, how do I add game covers?

helium muppet
Jun 17, 2003

Sizzlechest posted:

If you are already at 4.0, use this guide:

http://www.yafaze.com/wii/4.0softmodguide.html

If you are at 3.x, use this guide:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

I prefer the offline method since it preps all the files you will need beforehand. You just copy them from the SD directory to your SD card and follow the steps.

Remember: If your Wii serial number starts with LU64 or LU65, you CANNOT use any of these methods. Also, it's best to use a regular SD card, not SDHC. In other words, if your SD card is bigger than 2GB, don't use it.

I currently have 3.2 with the USB Loader working just fine and have no need for 4.0. My concern is, when I buy Punch-Out next week, the disc will probably make me upgrade to 4.0. Any way around that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

helium muppet
Jun 17, 2003

In that guide, Step 6 says to install the preloader.

Can I install it first? I would just like to have the preloader and not monkey around with 4.0.

• Locked thread