Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

quote:

Homebrew Browser (just loving install it already.)

I never knew about this but it looks awesome, thanks for posting it with bold letters since I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Hmm, poo poo. I went to update it and now my Homebrew Channel won't work. To be fair I haven't actually tried to use it in a few months but when I load HB Channel, the screen goes black and that's about it.

Any ideas? I hope I don't have to re-do the Twilight Princess glitch, I don't have the game anymore.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
No unfortunately not. I even just deleted the entire folder after backing it up, extracted the newest boot.dol to the root directory [along with the apps folder] and same thing.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I don't know what the hell is happening. Since updating, not only does HBC not work but nothing works. I load any VC downloaded games, and it kicks back to the main Wii screen. When I load HBC, it freezes on a pure black screen and the controller loses sync. I can't even load games at all from disc.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Godinster posted:

I don't know what the hell is happening. Since updating, not only does HBC not work but nothing works. I load any VC downloaded games, and it kicks back to the main Wii screen. When I load HBC, it freezes on a pure black screen and the controller loses sync. I can't even load games at all from disc.

I don't mean to be a pest quoting myself, but any idea?

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
So after updating my homebrewed Wii to 4.0, nothing works. I can't load games, and none of my stuff works. When I load a game it goes to a black screen and controller loses sync. When I load almost any VC game, same thing happens.

Am I hosed? I have no GC memory card in.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
HBC doesn't work either. I reinstalled it onto the SD card and even tried another SD Card, as soon as I load it, it fades to a black screen and the controllers lose sync. I tried everything I have and only Mega Man 9 seems to work oddly enough.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I finally got the Wii updated and dusted it off, for some reason the latest Nintendo patch actually helped my modded Wii more than hurt it. I went ahead and loaded up HBC and I was given an update message, I go ahead and attempt the update and it downloads just fine but when I get to the actual installation part, it gives me an error message with the code 1040002011. I couldn't find anything on this, and hopefully I'm not poo poo out of luck.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
USB Loader is being a real oval office. All of the versions, too. I'm running a Seagate 320 GB that supposedly works according to the compatibility list so long as I plug it in after HBC is loaded. I've tried Ultimate, I've tried the 1.5 standard one and a handful of others and none seem to work.

I've done all the little tricks like replugging it in when it does the timer countdown from 30 seconds to reformatting it to NTSC or exFAT then forcing it to WBFS through command line [the program wouldn't do it for me]. After forcing it to format to WBFS, I managed to load and "transfer" some files over through the WBFS manager and it looks fine, but as soon as I load USB Loader from HBC it says partition not found or some such, even though it is partitioned. When I attempt to let it partition it for me, it gives me the -6 error people mentioned earlier except most of them figured out how to fix it - for some reason I'm stuck.

Any ideas? For whatever it's worth I'm running the latest Wii update, I have HBC installed and everything else like WAD installer works fine. I did the cIOS rev10 update prior to this too.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Hmm, well maybe it isn't the HDD now. I just tried formatting an 8 GB Flash Drive as WBFS and threw something on there, and I'm getting the same problems as I was on the HDD. It's not finding the device at all - says "mounting" and counts down from 30 to 1, not finding anything. All that even though it looks fine in WBFS Manager

Gotta be something on the Wii or something else. I just reinstalled cIOS rev 9 once again but it didn't help any, once again.

Edit: After reinstalling cIOS to rev 9 and using USB Loader 1.1, I get a -1 error now about the USB subsys not working or somesuch. Another GBATemp thread mentioned plugging both a USB Thumb Drive and a USB HDD might work, but same problem either way.

Nairbo fucked around with this message at 18:42 on May 21, 2009

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Turns out it was my external HDD all along. Stupid ComStar crap wouldn't work. I was really even more convinced it was my Wii at fault for not working with USB Loader because my USB Thumb Drive didn't work, but I guess I just happened to get unlucky with both the HDD and Flash Drive as apparently LGear flash drives don't work on USB Loader either despite not being anywhere on the compatibility list. Picked up a 250 GB HP [of all brands] portable USB-powered HDD and it works great. It's nicer looking too, very small and not bulky plus it doesn't take up an AC Slot.

Anyhow, yeah. Guess the compatibility really is quite lovely for USB Loader still but I'm happy, all my games take way less time to load and no more getting up to find some Wii game hidden.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Lowclock posted:

Try using a different CIOS or different loader. I haven't had a single issue at all on any game using rev9 and USB Loader GX.

The games work fine, my HDD works fine. I just had bad luck with my past HDD and Flash Drive. I tried every CIOS from 8 to the unreleased 11 and none worked on neither my ComStar HDD nor my LGear Flash drive, even after forcing them to WBFS format in the command line. The new HP one is great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Phenotype posted:

Should I be able to install wads after updating to 4.0? I used the 4.0 Waninkoko updater a while ago, and I'm getting -1022 error messages when I try to use Wad Manager 1.3. I just used the Firmware downgrader, and I'm getting the same error now that I've installed 3.2 and 3.3. Not sure what else to do from here :(

WAD Installer work fine for me on 4.0, try upgrading to WAD Installer 1.4, it may help. Also reinstall your cIOS if that doesn't work possibly, making sure it's rev 9.

• Locked thread