Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Does that one support multiple shares? I just managed to play around with Wii homebrew yesterday, and so far everything except the SNES and Genesis emulators has been pretty drat terrible.

Take a look at the current crop of media players, for example. Geexbox has a lovely UI, but that's forgiveable. It allows for browsing of SMB and Windows shares, BUT it can't use the Wii's built-in Wi-Fi, making it almost useless. Then there's the various MPlayers, MPlayerCE has a shittier UI, but can use the Wii's built-in wi-fi. However, I think for now you're only limited to one share, and you have to edit it in a .conf file. Then there's the whole clusterfuck with vanilla MPlayer where you have to specify the specific path to your video in the config file.

I wish I could help, but I don't have the time nor coding experience. The Xbox has spoiled me when it comes to homebrew stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

japtor posted:

It won't even startup on mine. I'm guessing it has something to do with my system being on the latest firmware or HBC? It just goes to a black screen and stays there.

That shouldn't be it. I have the latest system update and latest HBC. Does it say anything on the black screen? If it says something like initializing SMB shares, then it's trying to look for the share. I think the MPlayer CE just stuck in his own SMB share settings (under smb.conf I think). If it's that, then just edit the file to your proper shares, and it shouldn't hang anymore.

• Locked thread