Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Keito posted:

[*]Backup your original Twilight Princess save if you've got one
If I'm not mistaken you need to have played the game at least once in order to get the hack working, so if you haven't played Twilight Princess before; load it up, save and exit before trying to copy the Twilight Hack from the SD to the Wii.

Also, are you going to add recommended homebrew in the OP?
I nominate ScummVM and Quake for starters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

zandert33 posted:

This is not my experience, it should work as long as you copy the file into the correct directory.
OK, I took it from the Twilight Hack Wiki and from what friends have told me, but I can't verify this first hand as I had already played the game before running the hack. So I guess your mileage may vary, but still something worth noting.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

FlyingCheese posted:

The Wii simply doesn't have the hardware for 720p, It's never going to happen without a hardware update or some programming genius figures out a way to decode video far more efficiently than it is today..
Even if somebody gets the Wii to decode 720p fast enough (not going to happen), I seem to remember that the Wii doesn't even have a big enough framebuffer to support it.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

EDIT: there's also a whole new Quake port that already features online play, but it's based off the DS port, of all things, so I doubt it's very good.
I don't think it's based off the DS-port.
From the readme: "A port of the original Quake engine to the Nintendo Wii, compiled using devkitPPC / libogc."

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Liku posted:

Edit: Finally got it working, that was a mother fucker to get working.
Maybe it would help others if you told us what you did.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

A Violence Gang posted:

I guess the simplest explanation is that my SD card actually isn't compatible with BootMii/boot2 -- that list at wiibrew.org could be wrong, or there could be subtle differences in a few models of Lexar 2GB cards that make some unsuitable. Still seems wrong though.
This is probably a stupid question, but you are using the latest HackMii-installer? I couldn't get BootMii to work with my card using version 0.2, but it works perfectly with 0.3.

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Desrever posted:

I have a situation. While fumbling around trying to put the SD card back on the Wii, it got sucked into the CD drive, and did not come back out. It's rattling around in the somewhere.
How the hell did this even happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torjus
Nov 22, 2005

I want YOU to MSPaint!

Matt Cruea posted:

Long story short, if I rename my ROM, will the save still be used with it or what?
I don't have the answer here, but why don't you just try it?

• Locked thread