Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I got Madworld but it's requiring me to update the system before I can play it. Would anything break from 3.3 post 10/23 update if I run it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Just updated for the game, it's still 3.3U so I should be fine

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
So if a updated HBC, DVDX and Twilight Hack were all installed prior to the 4.0 update, none of that will break. otherwise it should be done before doing 4.0

Is there any reason then why the Wii shouldn't be updated if all of that is in place?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

FlyingCheese posted:

Because this might be the update where they add forced updates from now on. It's too early to tell whether or not the new firmware is auto-updating or not. And while this update might not kill homebrew, a forced one down the line could. It's still up in the air until we get people debugging this thing and seeing what it does.

Forgot about that, I'll wait for now, I suppose I could emulators if I needed a quick 8-bit fix

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

FlyingCheese posted:

This is what they've always done with other updates so I'm sure it's the case with 4.0.

I'm not so sure, my cousin got a Wii for Christmas and it was on 3.1U, My Wii was not the latest update when I bought mine either

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
I thought I was the only one whose Homebrew Channel didn't work but that was because I upgraded the firmware through Nintendo months ago. I had no idea just putting the programs on SD would work as well.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Not entirely sure if this is Wiibrew specific but I don't have either a 3DS or Wii U, just a softmod Wii:

I've always heard about how Project M rebalanced Brawl to be more competitive and with 3.5 released a few weeks ago, I wanted to try it . The problem is all my stuff is on a 32GB SD card and Project M only accepts a SD card of 2GB or less. What items would I need to copy off the 32GB card and transfer to the 2GB card so this can work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Reive posted:

Nothing, Project M will work by itself, even on un-modded Wiis thanks to an exploit in Brawl, just copy it to your 2gb, follow the directions and you're good.

Cool, The way it was worded on their site seemed to mean you couldn't use the modless version on a modded Wii but if it's based just on the card then I'll try it later.

On another note, What is the best way to make backup of GC and Wii games on the Wii? I tried to do this a few years ago but I got confused by all the cIOS modding minutiae. I'll remove the question if it's a violation of :filez:

• Locked thread