Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«237 »
Groda
Mar 17, 2005

rattle snake skin VERY NICE!

quote:

no sales in STUPID states like cali or anywhere else where people want to be disarmed and left to be raped, mugged, and murdered!

Titanic the 1943 Nazi version ! VHS 85min Germn w

quote:

(no quote necessary)

Suprise Cock Fag! ar15 M4 30 round pmag magpul

quote:

Surprise cock fag
Here's your 72 virgins!
Ticket to Allah!
America gently caress yeah!

How do I love you Dale? Let me count the [officially licensed] ways:
Surprisingly, only 11 hits for "jerky."

Groda fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2009 around 11:01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gewehr 43
Aug 25, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Search "nazi" for some real fun.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

You've done a man's job, sir.

President Obama Commemorative 92F Magazines!

quote:

Barack Hussein Obama would proudly endorse these magazines.They are cooler than his relationship with house Republicans! These magazines are just like the prez himself. They are not from here, like Obama was not born here. They are black, like Obama says he is...

$900 WASR-10s are nice too. Especially if they have every UTG tactical accessory fit on them.

Space Jam fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2009 around 12:48

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Gewehr 43 posted:

I did.

quote:

This item has been Sold!
Winning Bidder: gewehr43 A+(4812)

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp

Gewehr 43 posted:

What's will the million "rare" nazi stamps, are they fakes? I wouldn't mind getting one to seal Christmas cards with as a joke, but $100 for a fake stamp is too much.

To contribute:

Get your ARUZI-45 here

And who can forget this highly erotic classic. Complete with furry loving (mildly :NWS: )
http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auctio...?Item=122888061

SeamusMcPhisticuffs fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2009 around 13:22

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Deluxe Nylon Holster fits 1911 Government Commander Officer Sig P220 P225 P226 P228 P229 P230 P232 P239 Browning Hi Power FN Hi Power FM Hi Power FEG Hi Power Charles Daly Hi Power Springfield XD HK USP Fullsize Compact HK 45 HK P30 HK P2000 Beretta 92 Beretta 96 Beretta PX4 CZ 75 CZ 75B CZ SP-01 CZ P-01 CZ P-06 Luger P08 Walther P38 Kahr PM9 Smith Wesson 686 Lorcin Derringer Sharpened Stick Assorted Small Rocks iPod Alarm Clocks Wireless Blu-Ray

rally
Nov 19, 2002

Uncle Caveman posted:

Deluxe Nylon Holster fits 1911 Government Commander Officer Sig P220 P225 P226 P228 P229 P230 P232 P239 Browning Hi Power FN Hi Power FM Hi Power FEG Hi Power Charles Daly Hi Power Springfield XD HK USP Fullsize Compact HK 45 HK P30 HK P2000 Beretta 92 Beretta 96 Beretta PX4 CZ 75 CZ 75B CZ SP-01 CZ P-01 CZ P-06 Luger P08 Walther P38 Kahr PM9 Smith Wesson 686 Lorcin Derringer Sharpened Stick Assorted Small Rocks iPod Alarm Clocks Wireless Blu-Ray

It'll fit a blu-ray player or an alarm clock, but not a Glock?

Pristine Shits
Dec 11, 2004

McCheese posted:

Get your ARUZI-45 here

thats a MAC you big dummy!

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

No, Glocks are bulky as hell.

Nostratic
Apr 5, 2003

I need you to be focused.

Pristine Shits posted:

thats a MAC you big dummy!

That there's a 100% assault carbine tactical earth mother battle, uh, rifle.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Hold your stomach until the end

Well of course there's tons of crap on Gunbroker but it's the best as far as gun auction sites go. Am I missing something better out there or just missing the humor in the thread?

Acid Reflux
Oct 18, 2004

McCheese posted:

And who can forget this highly erotic classic. Complete with furry loving (mildly :NWS: )
http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auctio...?Item=122888061
A highly erotic classic Mannlicher, no less. That's either awesome or terrifying, and I'm either aroused or repulsed. I'm definitely confused.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Kinda want to get "Surprise, Cock Fag!" for sentimental reasons because that's how my dad used to wake me up in the mornings

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

he's the one who gives his body/
as a weapon of the war/
and without him all this killing can't go on

Uncle Caveman posted:

I don't mind that half so much as when the [i]exact same lovely nylon holster is listed under 50 different models and renewed weekly for the last three years[i].

122740451 S&W MODEL 30 NYLON BELT CLIP HOLSTER 534BCL
122740673 S&W MODEL 31 NYLON BELT CLIP HOLSTER LH 534BCL
122741364 ASTRA CADIX NYLON BELT CLIP REV HOLSTER 534BCL
122743047 ASTRA 357 D/A NYLON BELT CLIP HOLSTER 534BCL
122743222 CHARTER ARMS TARGET BULLDOG HOLSTER LH 534BCL
122743365 CHARTER ARMS BULLDOG TRACKER HOLSTER LH 534BCL
122743512 CHARTER ARMS POLICE BULLDOG HOLSTER LH 534BCL
122743978 COLT BORDER PATROL NYLON CLIP HOLSTER 534BCL
122747840 COLT TROOPER MK III BELT CLIP HOLSTER 534BCL
122750362 EAA STANDARD NYLON BELT CLIP HOLSTER LH 534BCL
122750639 H&R SPORTSMAN 999 NYLON CLIP HOLSTER LH 534BCL
122754502 H&R MODEL 732 NYLON BELT CLIP HOLSTER 534BCL 122758105 S&W MODEL 48 K 22 MASTERPIECE HOLSTER 534BCL

Correction, just this particular model (534BCL) is listed under 164 different names. And that's just one of the many poo poo holsters this guy sells.

quote:

Well of course there's tons of crap on Gunbroker but it's the best as far as gun auction sites go. Am I missing something better out there or just missing the humor in the thread?

Nope, it's the best one, and pretty decent overall. AuctionArms has a slightly better search engine but a worse layout and less variety. GB is actually pretty decent aside from just general aspie hobby idiots, rednecks, and people shamelessly exploiting the "Relist for free!" option for four years straight.

Harry in Rio
Oct 18, 2004
Ask me about Rainy Day Woman brand anus bleach (pm me)

Hey man, I really need a hood pin, wonder where I can get one?

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auctio...?Item=122541837

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auctio...?Item=122833978

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

GPAuctions is supposed to be going online sometime this month and seems to be warmly recepted over at CalGuns and other forums I trust. You can read the sticky post about it on CalGuns, here.

If it becomes half the site it claims it'll be, Gunbroker will be left far behind. If the site is actually good, it shouldn't have too much trouble getting people to wander over from Gunbroker and other firearm auction sites.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

In short, as the owner/operator of both a dick and a set of (admittedly male) nipples I'm not entirely sure that Suetonius is writing about impossibilities here.

The long and the short of it is that Gunbroker has a decent interface, decent search, and attracts the largest audience by a wide margin. If you're buying on there it tends to be a TAD on the high end, price-wise, but that's mostly because the mouth-breathing hordes are also on there and tend to over pay for things. There are still good buys to be made if you know your poo poo and are patient, however.

The same slight inflation due to popularity makes it the best place to list things, period. It's going to be seen by more people than in any other venue, and it's cheap/free to list. I'd love to see something better come along, but unless it's able to generate the kind of traffic that gunbroker has it will never be a serious competitor - that's what keeps Auction Arms from pulling ahead as well.

Miso Beno
Apr 29, 2004

Try to Catch Me Ridin' Dirty

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt...?Item=122760915

M1 Garand stock cartouche stamp WRA/RS

I find this slightly unnerving.

QuarkMartial
Sep 25, 2004

I've seen the future, and it has hooves.

Cyrano4747 posted:

The long and the short of it is that Gunbroker has a decent interface, decent search, and attracts the largest audience by a wide margin.

The interface is alright in my opinion. I'd much rather see it updated to one similar to eBay's. Granted, I've sold and bought more stuff on eBay, so perhaps I'm used to it, but I really like eBay's interface over Gunbroker's.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

QuarkMartial posted:

The interface is alright in my opinion. I'd much rather see it updated to one similar to eBay's. Granted, I've sold and bought more stuff on eBay, so perhaps I'm used to it, but I really like eBay's interface over Gunbroker's.

Quite honestly, both eBay and Gunbroker have terrible interfaces, and there is room for a ton of improvement in both, particularly in how items are listed and displayed. Gunbroker has a problem right now where all their pages use POST instead of GET for php page variables when browsing the listings or looking at your watch page. For those that don't know, POST makes the variables hidden, but temporary data. GET makes the variables part of the url (like here on the forums), so that the data is always the same given that same url. Where the problem comes in, is if you leave a Gunbroker page open for more than 10-15 minutes, it loses the drat data and when you go to look at the next page of listings or check your watch list again, everything resets and you have to try and get back to where you were.

Gunbroker also has a completely inadequate and crap search engine. The categories that items are listed in are different between browsing and using the search engine. For instance, you can't search the Curious & Relics category, which only lists C&R weapons, when using the search engine; you must search a similar but much broader category, Collector Firearms. That category also includes parts and memorabilia, which makes it hard to wade through the crap listings to get to what you want.

Added:
That's not to mention that the search engine also has a terrible parser that doesn't work correctly. For instance, .22lr in most search engines will also match ".22 lr"; using partial match searches in other engines will also add .22, .22L[ong], and ".22 short" to the list of matches. Gunbroker matches none of these, it will only match .22lr, even when you select the partial match checkbox.

As another example, I searched for "leatherneck" a while back (a .22 rifle), with partial match turned on. It would only match "leatherneck"; on a cursory search using another term, I found more rifles that used "-leatherneck-", "leather neck" and so on in their titles. It failed to match any of them.

The King of Swag fucked around with this message at Feb 14, 2009 around 20:50

EndofGoogle
Nov 22, 2004
page 20 of 100

Harry in Rio posted:

Hey man, I really need a hood pin, wonder where I can get one?

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auctio...?Item=122541837

http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auctio...?Item=122833978

At first I though you where talking about automotive parts on gb, then it made more sense when I clicked.

Harry in Rio
Oct 18, 2004

EndofGoogle posted:

At first I though you where talking about automotive parts on gb, then it made more sense when I clicked.

Hey man, that 8-1/2 x 11 KKK photo is printed on heavy printer paper and would look sweet matted up and framed in an office cubicle or even near the water cooler.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

In short, as the owner/operator of both a dick and a set of (admittedly male) nipples I'm not entirely sure that Suetonius is writing about impossibilities here.

Miso Beno posted:

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt...?Item=122760915

M1 Garand stock cartouche stamp WRA/RS

I find this slightly unnerving.

This has been going on for a long time.

You can buy stamps to make every cartouche used by US inspectors or the various arsenals from about 1890 through the vietnam war.

Basically you have to be able to judge the "quality" of the cartouche and tell the difference between how wood looks that was stamped 60 years ago and how it looks if it was stamped last week.

And yes, I've seen fake Garand stocks at gunshows with fake cartouches on them.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Cyrano4747 posted:

And yes, I've seen fake Garand stocks at gunshows with fake cartouches on them.

There is little I have more contempt for than those who forge history.

King Carnivore
Dec 16, 2007

VAT?!? Do you not like the new look?

Groda posted:

Titanic the 1943 Nazi version ! VHS 85min Germn w (no quote necessary)

BLOCKBUSTER ENTERTAINMENT FROM THE THIRD REICH

Harry in Rio
Oct 18, 2004

Man I am so going to win this one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=122973320

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

tupac is alive

Harry in Rio posted:

Man I am so going to win this one.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vi...?Item=122973320

Started at $69

ZerglingMinor
May 4, 2005

Filthy... Toddler-Infested... Beard?

some of those would be neat to have just for novelty value.

Nine Lives
Feb 28, 2008

Day in, day out

ZerglingMinor posted:

Of course, it's an AR-15 dust cover. What else would it be, besides perhaps on a 1911 slide

Some Internet Guy
Oct 26, 2007

by Fistgrrl

Man why does nobody make Saiga parts engraved with SURPRISE COCK FAG!!? I want to look like the overgrown twelve-year-old I am when I'm playing with my toy Army gun too.

CapnStubby
Jan 9, 2007

As a film professional and old movie nerd I would actually like to see this.

Independence
Jul 11, 2006

Nine Lives posted:

Of course, it's an AR-15 dust cover. What else would it be, besides perhaps on a 1911 slide

You mean a 1911 carbine kit for $300.

Spacemoose
Feb 11, 2003

by Tiny Fistpump

wood grain grippin
May 22, 2006

wood grain sippin

ZerglingMinor posted:

I'm seriously contemplating the America gently caress Yeah! one.

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Spacemoose posted:

That guy posts poo poo-loads of stuff on Gunbroker daily so I see that all the time. You would think that such a stupid logo would at least be well done, but he went for a double whammy. Stupid and horribly animated.

Some Internet Guy
Oct 26, 2007

by Fistgrrl

The King of Swag posted:

You would think that such a stupid logo would at least be well done,

Why would you think this

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,

Some Internet Guy posted:

Why would you think this

Because most stupid logos are someone's brain-child that they thought would be bitching, so they spend a lot of time on making it look decent, even if its a retarded idea.

BaronW
Apr 16, 2007

Why yes, I HAVE seen uhaul.jpg

I see nothing wrong with the AMERICA gently caress YEAH ejection port cover.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

CapnStubby posted:

As a film professional and old movie nerd I would actually like to see this.
I just put out an inter-library loan order on it, actually. I'll try to digitize it if I can turn up a copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I just imagine they put a bunch of Star of David's on the iceberg.

«237 »