Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Master Button
Feb 2, 2009

by Fistgrrl

tadashi posted:

we can help them start over and not suck this time around.

or not.

Or... we could take advantage of the situation for our benefit.

The whole Middle East will be hosed once the oil runs out and they have no other industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaggotMaster
Nov 25, 2006

by Lowtax
Saudi Arabia is more hosed than any country in the region because its produces exclusively oil and its territory possess absolutely no other natural resources, especially not resources that can support 20 million people in such blasted, unlivable desert, the population of the region was very small before the discovery of oil.

Thaumaturgic
Jan 7, 2008

Crenshaw posted:

they're treated like poo poo in just about every Arab country.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
I've got a bunch of pics from a scientific conference I attended in Jordan. Would that be appropriate here or should I start another thread, or not bother?

By the way, great pics OP. I never saw these parts of Saudi when I was there. All I saw was Jeddah, Mecca, and Medina, which aren't entirely representative of the country.

FearOfABlackKnob
Nov 5, 2008

by Ozma
post pics

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
My internet connection is flaking out. I'll have to upload them tomorrow evening after work.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

MaggotMaster posted:

Saudi Arabia's economy is completely unsustainable and the country doesn't possess enough fertile soil to support its huge population. The country is bound to collapse sometime in the next few decades and its going to make a bigger mess out of the middle east. what will happen after that i have no idea

if you think about it the collapse has already started because even with modern technology they probably couldn't sustain a city today where ubar was :aaaaa:

cthulhukid
Jun 1, 2001
I want more Saudi Arabian fossilfacts! Are you visiting all the potential known Ediacaran deposits or just a few? Are there any known fossil beds from other periods there? How varied is the geological makeup of the peninsula?

cthulhukid fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Feb 17, 2009

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn
maggotmaster is a horrible poster, this is an interesting mini-travelogue, please continue

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

MaggotMaster posted:

Anyway im done making GBS threads up this dumb thread because im out of steam and its late. bye.

You really are the worst thing about this thread, do what you said and stay the gently caress out. This thread is otherwise excellent

:: Que stupid NO YOU ARE WORST reply ::

Even saved you the effort of a worthless poo poo post.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

Thanks for saving him the effort and contributing one of your own

HunterX11 posted:

if you think about it the collapse has already started because even with modern technology they probably couldn't sustain a city today where ubar was :aaaaa:

seriously though, where the hell are all these people going to go?

edit: aparrently they've been asking this question too and it appears as though there is some massive public works type of project going on as we speak. still wondering about the food though

Bolek fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Feb 17, 2009

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

Bolek posted:

seriously though, where the hell are all these people going to go?

eurabia

One
Jan 9, 2003
My username is creative.

Mike N Eich posted:

lf violently refuses to have nice things

This is really how it's turning out. MUST poo poo THREAD

e: gently caress if you are going to troll just use one of our countless contentless threads. or maybe be funny. this was one of the worst attempted trolls i've seen in a while. (not you mike i meant the retards)

One fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Feb 17, 2009

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money
Comfy Chair this is a very interesting thread, thank you for the pics and info. Good luck with your fossil-ing and be careful over there!

MaggotMaster
Nov 25, 2006

by Lowtax

Cat Terrist posted:

You really are the worst thing about this thread, do what you said and stay the gently caress out. This thread is otherwise excellent

:: Que stupid NO YOU ARE WORST reply ::

:ohdear:

MaggotMaster
Nov 25, 2006

by Lowtax
Do you think Saudis are going to become a huge diaspora like the jews once their country becomes incapable of supporting them? I mean, the demographics of Saudi Arabia are all kinds of hosed. Population in 1960 was under 5 million and has quadrupled in half a century, but unlike other population booms this has not been because of a growth of agriculture or sustainable industry, but simply because the country has become rich on an expensive natural resource that will likely run out or become useless sometime in the future, only 5% of the land in the country is at all suitable for agriculture and the system of government is authoritarian and has no accountability, I think one of the first things that will collapse will be the Al-Saud's hold on power.

MaggotMaster
Nov 25, 2006

by Lowtax
You know it's kind of funny you're still bitching about my trolling when it stopped several pages ago and theres some kind of discussion forming here that could actually flourish if you whiny babies would shut up for a second about how much you wish I'd get nuked from orbit and try to contribute something worthwhile to discuss either about Saudi Arabia's fate, its society, or the middle east in general.

drinkin ur gfs milk
Jan 2, 2005

by Tiny Fistpump
gently caress pictures of saudi arabia, post more pix of ur cool tattoos!

TheElectronicOne
Oct 17, 2007
Are you the fullfiller?

i only read the op's posts

they were good

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

MaggotMaster posted:

You know it's kind of funny you're still bitching about my trolling when it stopped several pages ago and theres some kind of discussion forming here that could actually flourish if you whiny babies would shut up for a second about how much you wish I'd get nuked from orbit and try to contribute something worthwhile to discuss either about Saudi Arabia's fate, its society, or the middle east in general.

if you want to have that discussion, then gently caress off because it's stupid and fruitless

get the gently caress out, never post again, make a new thread

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

ail posted:

if you want to have that discussion, then gently caress off because it's stupid and fruitless

get the gently caress out, never post again, make a new thread

Master Button
Feb 2, 2009

by Fistgrrl

MaggotMaster posted:

It has everything to do with your tone.

ail
Jul 8, 2003

by The Finn

Morphix posted:

sup morphix crashed any motorcycles/banged any strippers lately? :respek:

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

ail posted:

sup morphix crashed any motorcycles/banged any strippers lately? :respek:

Nah, no crashing of motorcycles since my last one, will be getting something new here in the next month or two. And on the stripper front? Yes, my last year has been a destructive spiral of drug abuse and one-night stands. I'd post a picture but it's rather depressing to be honest, I haven't had sex without being high/drunk in over a year, and I've honestly lost track of the amount of women I've slept with. Thank god I didn't catch anything (been a month and a half since last gently caress up and got my pp results back couple days ago, clean)

e- for old times sake, here is the last lady i made bad decisions with

Click here for the full 663x588 image.

Click here for the full 782x543 image.

Morphix fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Feb 17, 2009

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Great thread MeinKampftableChair, please keep posting.

Also please don't try and grow a beard, I don't think it's possible for you.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

MaggotMaster posted:

christ just loving shut up

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
so will there be pix of dinosaurs an stuff, too?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

so will there be pix of dinosaurs an stuff, too?

no :(

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Reacharound posted:

holy poo poo

Al Aqsa Reacharound is certainly one hell of a name

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Aliquid posted:

no :(
well, at least we got to see the arabian equivalent of edward james olmos. pretty sure he counts as a fossil!

corey.
Oct 2, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Koine posted:

you're why conservatives can say racism is meaningless and not be laughed out of existence.

corey.
Oct 2, 2008

by Fistgrrl

SharpyShuffle posted:

Haha, god you're worthless. I'm not going to respond in detail to your weird combination of strawmanning, childish sarcasm and outright calling me a racist, I'm just going to say that you really shouldn't post. At least not here, feel free to go troll freepers who actually believe that kinda poo poo

corey.
Oct 2, 2008

by Fistgrrl

MeinKampftableChair posted:

corey.
Oct 2, 2008

by Fistgrrl

PeptoGizmo posted:

It's racist to say anything bad about a country

unless it's america

they're all fat and dumb and violent and racist

all of them

corey.
Oct 2, 2008

by Fistgrrl

PyongyangPlayazClub posted:

who gives a poo poo if its racist or not

you whining loving faggots

corey.
Oct 2, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Mike N Eich posted:

the internet is the only place where its acceptable to yell at someone for taking a trip

randomly accusing people of racism for taking a trip in real life and you'd be a misantrhope and live like jd salinger or some poo poo

corey.
Oct 2, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Mike N Eich posted:

someones going to call you sexist for using 'oval office'

corey.
Oct 2, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Komet posted:

Great thread. Love the pics. Lot of dicks in this thread.

corey.
Oct 2, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Morphix posted:

Keep posting, amazing pictures. Any pictures of just locals interacting with you guys?

also every person still talking about the stupid tattoos should post a picture of themselves, I want to see all these heroes of culture and refinement. do you get a little excited when you hit that post button? thinking, oh goddamn I'm really going to burn this guy here oh man oh man i hope someone acknowledges this post no worries ill post again pay attention to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FearOfABlackKnob
Nov 5, 2008

by Ozma
combo breaker