Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

X gon giv it to ya (Finally)

About loving time we got back to actual Ippo fighting. Good way to start out with showing off his 'experience'. Can only ramp up from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is this going to be one of those stupid fights where Woli will magically know and end up using all of Ippo's previous opponents techniques?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I know, which means it's going to be drawn out as gently caress.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Goddammit, haven't we had enough of that style of poo poo?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I just want a fight where Ippo dominates the gently caress out of someone for a change.

"What's that? You wanna get in the ring with the CHAMP? Boy you must be crazy!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's out translated.

HOLY gently caress WE GET IT, WOLI IS REALLY GOOD.
It's like we've moved on from the pro boxers being impressed that he's a genius.
Now the crowd is impressed he's a genius.
Now the announcers are going to get in on it.
Then it'll be another chapter of the coaches discussing what a genius he is.
CAN WE MOVE ON WITH OUR LIVES NOW?

Can we get to the part where Ippo destroys him already? Because lord knows it's going to be 2 more chapters before he gets a hit in. If he gets saved by the bell in the next chapter.. so help me loving god..

It's becoming Dragonball Z: The Fighting.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 23, 2009

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

What's the chapter with Ippo doing the tekken thing by smashing logs into the side of a hill with a hammer. Because I need some badass Ippo to get me off this poo poo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

What's the chapter with Ippo doing the tekken thing by smashing logs into the side of a hill with a hammer. Because I need some badass Ippo to get me off this poo poo.

Found the flashback chapter where Kamogawa was doing Tekken.

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/408/15/

Need to find the one where Ippo is doing it, just to show exactly much he is going to gently caress up the Jungle boy in a chapter or so.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Here we go.
http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/573/15/

Seriously as soon as Ippo hits Jungle Boy he's just going to destroy him.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Niklas Kronwall 2.0 posted:

876 spoilers

Woli continues to abuse Ippo

I'm honestly trying to think of a more boring & disappointing fight. I really am. poo poo I'd rather read an Aoki fight right about now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Honestly whether it's Aoki's looking-away trick or Kimura's Dragonfish-uppercut-thingy, both of them are more interesting fights than this poo poo.

Yo Ippo I think you're ready to take on the World!

(Kinnikuman No Ippo would be loving awesome)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Geop posted:

Maybe we cna tack on Takamura going back in time and beating the tar out of Ali and Foreman SIMULTANEOUSLY :black101:

Ali already beat the poo poo out of his own son in Grappler Baki. :iia:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I can still see a Miyata Vs Ippo fight happening. From memory didn't Miyata get some super insane 'sharp' counter at the end of his last fight after he was incredibly exhausted? If he shaves off all his weight to fight Ippo he'll be in that 'sharp' counter mode constantly.
That'd be the only way I can see it being written in.

So is it safe to assume the editors have killed themselves rather than releasing a new chapter of this poo poo?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

EDIT: Wait that was an air swing. gently caress this fight in the goddamn balls. We already know Ippo is ultra powerful.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

877 out translated.. I guess.. if you care.. I don't.. it's boring.

Or you could re-read Hajime No Ippo Gaiden: Naniwa Tiger again and remember what it was like to have an opponent that actually had a personality.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tankobons. Not 'GN' or Graphic Novels.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dickeye posted:

I would cut a dude slack about this because trades of American comics are sometimes called this, and 9/10 of those are the same thing as volumes of manga: collections of a story arc

I know it is being a little pedantic about it, but this is ADTRW and not BSS. GN just confused a bunch of people. If not tankobon, call it a volume or collection. Generic enough.
Plus it's not even out translated in America :v:

And yes.. this is what we've been reduced to. Terminology arguing. Why this thread is now moving faster than the actual fight! :parrot:

New point of interest. Where did :parrot: come from?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

THF13 posted:

This youtube here I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjekH570Sns

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*punches Woli*
Just one punch? Is that all you've got?
You're already dead.
:psyboom:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OnimaruXLR posted:

878 Raw is out. Ippo pays attention this time and sees Woli gently caress him up while in the corner, and is almost KOed but is saved by the bell. Everyone is like :wtc: especially Itagaki. Kamogawa tells Ippo that Woli is like a million times better than him, but then again, but that's never stopped Ippo from winning before, except that one time. His orders are to switch to compact punches to push Woli around instead of big punches to stop him from being able to move, and Ippo realizes his best chance is to aim for simultaneous punches, which lends credence to anyone who believes Ippo will be punch drunk by the time he retires.

"Ippo. He's a genius at drawing things out!" or
"Oh that's what I was doing wrong! I should try punching!"

If this fight were an ice cream flavour, it'd be pralines and dick.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If this horseshit goes on longer than a Sendou bout..

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gobble gobble one of us.

JOIN OUR HATE

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Niklas Kronwall 2.0 posted:

879 spoilers:

Miguel tells Woli to stop dodging and have a punching match with Ippo

I didn't think this fight could possibly get any worse, yet here we are.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No it's 879 where Woli is told to trade shots.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

He also remember that in his third fight he was a boxer, so he should probably start hitting things now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The expressions in the last page...

I hate this fight so much..

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh look. Another chapter without Ippo landing a blow and getting his poo poo pushed in.

Gurren Lagann: THIS. loving. SHOW. :kamina::swoon:

Hajime No Ippo: THIS. loving. MANGA. :bang::suicide:

Honestly where did he go wrong. There is nothing interesting about this fight. He simply created some unassailable genius who is going to lose because his trainer told him to switch from his winning strategy that would have destroyed Ippo. Even AFTER he's switched to a boxing match instead of jumping all over the place he is absolutely wrecking Ippos poo poo in an INFIGHT where he is Grand King Poobah.
gently caress this entire fight.

Cannot wait till it's over.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jan 11, 2010

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Leonard Leroy posted:

After Ippo loses, he decides that boxing isn't for him and he goes on to run the fishing business which through determination and some luck becomes an empire thats sets him up for life. He sees Woli on television become a world champion, and he smiles -- his will passed along through the jungle boy.

The End

Epilogue: That was all a dream because he is brain damaged and has to be taken care of by his mother.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ilifin posted:

gently caress this fight and gently caress whoever thought it was a great idea to give demigod boxing powers to :smug:

I'm all cool with Woli as a CONCEPT, but they needed to build him up a hell of a lot more. It would have been a much better fight card if they built up Woli as this undefeated champion who has NEVER taken a hit and dropped the 'found him in the jungle, this is his 3rd match and he is my last son' sctick. Like still keep the 'no footage of monkey man' angle, but have him with like 60 fights in some underground arena and he's only just made his debut to the rest of the world instead of this unopposed genius.
Hell during the Bryan Hawk match you could have done some foreshadowing with a "You may have defeated Bryan, but my other son is now gunning for Ippo's title"

Then I could understand him being this smug little poo poo with a constant smile on his face. THEN it would be satisfying when Ippo finally starts pounding the crap out of him as opposed to "Oh Ippo finally got a hit in, maybe this fight will end soon."

All the Asian Champions have been fairly poo poo to be honest.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Monkey Magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iUMWy4hqAg

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Captain, set phasers to :ughh:

Yet ANOTHER loving chapter of Woli acting like a smug oval office.
It's like 2 decades of build up just to piss off your fans.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Honest Thief posted:

that's it, gently caress this manga, off it goes to the pile of every other shounen title who overstayed it's welcome

But this is such a fun fight.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gentlemen, to soothe the pain that is reading this fight I suggest we all take a deep breath and then read an awesome fight actually worth a loving drat.

Ippo Vs Ryuuhei
http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/462
(Fight starts on 481, but has an awesome leadup with Vorg)

Yes. 400 chapters back.

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 18, 2010

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

This manga needs more Vorg staring at random gravestones, looking stoic & solemn, quoting Russian poetry.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Geop posted:

SMALL CONCISE MOVEMENTS

Not working. What am I doing wrong? :confused:

SMALLER CONCISE MOVEMENTS

Still nothing.

SMALLER CONCISER MOVEMENTS

gently caress it, Samurai Spirit Mode time.

SMALLER MOVEMENTS. THINK LIKE A STONE.

I AM A STONE. NEVER MOVING.

NEVER THINKING.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'll save you the trouble of reading 881 when it gets translated.

It's 8 pages of Woli doing this:

And Ippo doing this:

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 20, 2010

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MizuZero posted:

chapter 720. it's all downhill from there

Scratch J was a pretty awesome fight and showed off the Revised Dempsey Roll.

AFTER Scratch J is when it goes downhill.
Malcom Gedo was a terrible fight.
Woli is an abomination. It literally makes you hate 20 YEARS worth of Ippo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:siren::woop::siren: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME loving BOXING?! :siren::woop::siren:

http://www.onemanga.com/Hajime_no_Ippo/881

No? Oh..

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*sigh* Guys, you just don't get it alright? Woli is a really good boxer.

In all seriousness though I wonder if the Japanese fans of Hajime no Ippo are as pissed off as we are.